Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
I... I'm sorry... my brother is not a bad person. But we've all experienced an entire lifetime of every Noxian we've ever met trying to kill us. Did you know I've never met a Noxian citizen? Not one. Every Noxian I've ever met has been a soldier, and you're the only one who didn't want to kill me in that meeting. I'm sure you can understand why so many Demacians view Noxians only as the... selfish enemy... but we're not murderers! The King would never authorize the raze of Noxus. There is no justice in slaughtering civilians for their nationality...

I'm sorry, Riven. So many Noxian soldiers have done nothing to make Noxus seem like a place full of actual people, I never really stop to think how the Rivens of the Noxian military might perceive what we Demacians do. I can't imagine what the story of Sion and Urgot's executions must be like, how horrible it's played out.

...I'm making us both feel bad now. I'm sorry.
War and strife only bring more suffering and sadness for those involved. That is why I hope I can change Noxus for the better. I didn't mean to come across as insulting to you and your brother... If I have, I'm sorry, Lux. You strike me as a very kind soul indeed.

Trynd The King

09-24-2012

Riven how did you acquire your strength? What did your training consist of?

-King Tryndamere

Ask Riven

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynd The King View Post
Riven how did you acquire your strength? What did your training consist of?

-King Tryndamere
Endless physical training... Pushing my body until it broke down from exhaustion, or fighting through the soreness and pain until I could no longer move or swing my blade. I trained from dawn until dusk most days, sparring with fellow soldiers, sometimes outnumbering myself greatly, and of better skill...

I endured beatings, broken bones, all manner of sprains, aches, and pains... There was a reason why I was toted as the epitome of Noxian spirit. I never gave up, and pushed myself harder than anyone else in the Noxian eye at the time. They turned me into a symbol of Noxian tenacity, a girl turning herself into something, coming from nothing... I didn't care about any of that, though, I just wanted to get stronger, be better, and become everything I sought to be.

My strength was not acquired, King Tryndamere, it was earned through a lifetime of work, hardship, and determination.

Trynd The King

09-24-2012

It seems you have earned your strength. I trained under all the great barbarian chief in Valoran their training was hell on earth, pushing my body to the brink of death.. but it made me the man I needed to be.
A second question exile what made you train your body to the breaking point? For me I was fueled by anger and most importantly revenge..Revenge for my family my clan all who died by the hands of those Noxians. Tryndamere was clearly showing hints of rage but kept it under control.

Ask Riven

09-24-2012

Quote:
It seems you have earned your strength. I trained under all the great barbarian chief in Valoran their training was hell on earth, pushing my body to the brink of death.. but it made me the man I needed to be.
A second question exile what made you train your body to the breaking point? For me I was fueled by anger and most importantly revenge..Revenge for my family my clan all who died by the hands of those Noxians. Tryndamere was clearly showing hints of rage but kept it under control.
I trained to be the best I could be, to become the strongest I could become... Back then, I wanted to make something of myself, to live a life greater than the one I had known before joining the military. I had found something in which to believe, and I clung to that... I was determined to survive and overcome the hardship of my younger life. If only the strong would survive, I would become strong, as strong as I could be, and I would survive, and become something I could be proud of...

Today, I train for different reasons... I push myself in the same way, but I become stronger so that I can show my homeland the power of true strength, and the pure vision in which I believe with all my heart, and in doing so, I will make Noxus a place I can be proud to call home once again.

It will take time, but, if I succeed...another Ionia, another Coeur, or even another Freljord, will never happen again, so long as I have something to say about it...

Trynd The King

09-24-2012

Your words are very moving, but change does not come easily I have seen what Noxus currently is. Do you think that these Noxian's will simply change, even with time it still may not come. I also have yet to acquire my revenge on Noxus, but your vision does seem pure and I understand loyalty to your own kind. So if ever you need assistance in acquiring this pure Noxus vision don't hesitate to ask for help from the North.

-King Tryndamere

Ask Riven

09-24-2012

Quote:
Your words are very moving, but change does not come easily I have seen what Noxus currently is. Do you think that these Noxian's will simply change, even with time it still may not come. I also have yet to acquire my revenge on Noxus, but your vision does seem pure and I understand loyalty to your own kind. So if ever you need assistance in acquiring this pure Noxus vision don't hesitate to ask for help from the North.

-King Tryndamere
I know change is not easy, or quick... However, I will keep trying to change things for the better, no matter how long it takes.

As for your offer of assistance, thank you. It means a great deal coming from one such as yourself.

Dear Luxanna

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
War and strife only bring more suffering and sadness for those involved. That is why I hope I can change Noxus for the better. I didn't mean to come across as insulting to you and your brother... If I have, I'm sorry, Lux. You strike me as a very kind soul indeed.
Thank you, Riven. Don't worry, you didn't insult my brother, really... he's just a Demacian that, you know, I know pretty well. Decided to use him as an example. None of us are bad people. It's just that war forces out the worst in us. The problem is, as long as Noxus is what it is now, there will always be war. If not with Demacia, then with... well, basically anyone except Zaun.

You'll never guess what just happened! As I was writing this, I guess I looked really depressed. One of the caretakers came in and asked me what's wrong. I told her I'm just writing to you about the history between Demacia and Noxus... apparently, you and Shyvana signed some picture for her son? And you gave him some words of encouragement? She said he's so much more confident now. His tests shot up two letter grades and he's owning the physical classes. If nothing else, you know you've enriched at least one life, Riven~!

Here, as a reward, I want you to have this, in case you ever come to the dark side of long, luxurious hair.

*enclosed is one of Lux's headbands*

Ask Riven

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Thank you, Riven. Don't worry, you didn't insult my brother, really... he's just a Demacian that, you know, I know pretty well. Decided to use him as an example. None of us are bad people. It's just that war forces out the worst in us. The problem is, as long as Noxus is what it is now, there will always be war. If not with Demacia, then with... well, basically anyone except Zaun.

You'll never guess what just happened! As I was writing this, I guess I looked really depressed. One of the caretakers came in and asked me what's wrong. I told her I'm just writing to you about the history between Demacia and Noxus... apparently, you and Shyvana signed some picture for her son? And you gave him some words of encouragement? She said he's so much more confident now. His tests shot up two letter grades and he's owning the physical classes. If nothing else, you know you've enriched at least one life, Riven~!

Here, as a reward, I want you to have this, in case you ever come to the dark side of long, luxurious hair.

*enclosed is one of Lux's headbands*
...I'm glad to hear he is doing well. I don't know if I will use your gift, but, thank you.

Dear Luxanna

09-25-2012

This time, a small package is delivered to Riven. Inside is a recording ward. When played, it depicts Lux, sitting on a small chair, with a semicircle of a dozen children seated on the floor in front of her. Lux is apparently a guest speaker for them.

Lux: -and that's why chess is the best game ever. Yes, you? *smile*
Kid: Why is Sivir allowed in Demacia? She helped Noxus!
*the teacher looks quite uncomfortable*
Lux: *pauses, but maintains her smile* ...yes, she did. But she doesn't anymore.
Kid: But after everything they did-
Teacher: Jeremy, this isn't something we should be talking about.
Lux: No, it's alright. *waves hand, smiling* Jeremy... all of you. How many of you have been bullied before?
*pretty much everyone raises their hands*
Lux: And because of those few people, does that mean that everyone in Demacia is that mean? Does everyone you meet bully you?
*the class is mixed between saying no or shaking their heads*
Lux: Well then, why is it fair to say that Sivir is just as mean as the bad people, just because of where she's from?
*the kids stare at her, wide-eyed and taking it in*
Lux: The roots of one weed?
Class: *in unison* Will corrupt the whole garden!
Lux: *smile* That's right. But don't call the sunflower a dandelion just because they're both yellow. Don't rip out the flowers before you're sure they're weeds.
*the class pauses for a moment*
Another kid: ...what are rainbows?
Lux: *lights right up* Well, a rainbow is-

Attached is a note.

"They had me talking to a young class, and this one student asked a... surprising question. Thought you might like to hear it. Prejudice is such a horrible thing... I didn't bring you up, but the message should carry on!"