Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xcyper33

09-22-2012

How does your vision of Noxus differ from Dimencia, Riven?

Both seem like vast empires built to admire strength and honor and the protection of the weak.

Ask Riven

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaylnmarou View Post
Why are you so focused on fighting and such, when you could be focused on a love life? Why are you avoiding a thing like that? Surely you have someone in mind Miss Riven.
I have no need for a love life, or anything of that sort...

My heart belongs to Noxus, and to those she has wronged. I will bring true strength back to Noxus and Valoran, and prevent any more needless suffering. Having a "Love Life" would only serve to distract me from the purpose.

Besides, even if I did have someone in mind, I would not discuss it here. I know what happens when people expose any personal details about their life. I would never hear the end of it, just like that awful bunny suit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
How does your vision of Noxus differ from Demacia, Riven?

Both seem like vast empires built to admire strength and honor and the protection of the weak.
Demacia values honor, Noxus admires strength...

There were once those in Noxus that valued honor as well, but many of them have been weeded out by the blackness and corruption that now holds a cold grip around the neck of my homeland. Underhanded plots are used to gain power, tearing it away from those who rightfully earned it. The war machines of Zaun are unleashed to "better" our military via ruthless avenues of cowardice... That is not how Noxus should be... That is not true strength...

True strength is having nothing, and working hard to make yourself something through your meritorious actions... True strength is having the strength to use your power to protect those that are not as powerful as you, and showing them the way to improve themselves through determination and training. Those who are "weak" are simply those who do not try. If Noxus was truly strong, we would use our might to stand tall as the symbol of strength throughout all of Runeterra. Instead of seeing it as ours to take, we should see it as ours to protect. We should inspire others to be like us merely by standing tall and holding true to our pillars of determination.

Demacia is all about light, right, and justice. They are a powerful city-state with mighty warriors. But they are not like the Noxus I wish to create. Strength, honor, and determination to succeed under our own strength, rising above the "need" for Zaun's chemical weapons, to accomplish through our own power and determination anything we set out to do for the betterment of all... That is what Noxus should be. Rise above those around you, stand out and seize the moment, apply your strengths to your goals, and reach for them with all your might.

Right now, my homeland is seen as a scar of darkness across Valoran by many... I seek to change that. Even Demacia is seen as extreme in their views on justice and righteousness. There are, after all, no misdemeanors in Demacia. Bringing judgment upon others because they do not bow before your "high laws" or march to a different drum than the state is not the way either... I heard a story once where a Demacian soldier fought to rescue Noxian refugees from persecution and was exiled for not bringing justice upon them for their crimes when they were a part of Noxus.

Those people were attempting to escape the darkness of Noxus and live their own lives, and they were counted as guilty for the crime of being a Noxian citizen. Granted, these were older times of war, and not these times of...loose and fragile peace. However, this is not the way. Demacia, for all the light it holds, is not perfect, and for that matter, neither is Noxus. I have met several Demacian Champions, and while they are pleasant people, and some even people I would call friends, I see them as individuals, and not as judgmental as the homeland they represent. They extend the same courtesy to me...and I wish they would do the same to the greater portion of Noxus as well...

The Noxus I wish to bring about would accept all that wish to better themselves, to grow stronger and make something great of themselves, no matter their homeland of origin. If they wish to create death and suffering with their newfound power, or to corrupt others with it, to gain selfishly, it is the job of the strong to police the selfishness and ruthlessness of others for the betterment of all. Taking from others who have earned with their own struggles does not make you the rightful owner... While Demacia and my vision of Noxus may be more easy allies, I do not see my ideologies meshing with a large portion of Demacians. Noxus can be a beacon of strength, honor, and determination. We can succeed without the blackness of assassination or underhanded plotting. We can accomplish much with our own power, without relying on the cowardice of Zaun's machines.

...I was once blinded by the flawed ideals of the current Noxus, but I can see now the path to true strength... I have done terrible, horrible things, but if this life that was spared on the fields of Coeur that day can bring about a greater Noxus, and a greater Valoran...then, perhaps others will see what true strength is, what real power is... If those who claim strength would abuse it to bring suffering and death, that is not strength...that is cowardice and weakness.

I will show my homeland what they can do with their own two hands...

Or, I will die trying...

It is really that simple.

xcyper33

09-23-2012

Honestly, I can never see your vision of Noxus and Demencia ever fighting against eachother. Ever.

Zaylnmarou

09-23-2012

I'm very sorry Miss Riven, I can understand the way you feel about the "bunny costume" and yes personal details do bring in the trolls and the low lifes who will spam you about it. If you would disclose information about it I can promise pure 100% confidentiality, I believe in truth and promises which I will take to my grave if so be it. Oh Miss Riven, I finally unlocked you today as my Champion and you rock for sure! You may have died 3 times but after that I was annihilating everything in my path, you are indeed a great warrior, and one of these days I wish to fight by your side on a path of glory and salvation for Noxus! Stay strong and steady, one day your vision will come true, with perseverance anything is possible. Gloria enim et Honoris!

Ask Riven

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
Honestly, I can never see your vision of Noxus and Demencia ever fighting against eachother. Ever.
Nothing is truly impossible...

Just highly unlikely...

Ask Riven

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaylnmarou View Post
I'm very sorry Miss Riven, I can understand the way you feel about the "bunny costume" and yes personal details do bring in the trolls and the low lifes who will spam you about it. If you would disclose information about it I can promise pure 100% confidentiality, I believe in truth and promises which I will take to my grave if so be it. Oh Miss Riven, I finally unlocked you today as my Champion and you rock for sure! You may have died 3 times but after that I was annihilating everything in my path, you are indeed a great warrior, and one of these days I wish to fight by your side on a path of glory and salvation for Noxus! Stay strong and steady, one day your vision will come true, with perseverance anything is possible. Gloria enim et Honoris!
Thank you for your kind words, Summoner.

Dear Luxanna

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Demacia values honor, Noxus admires strength...

There were once those in Noxus that valued honor as well, but many of them have been weeded out by the blackness and corruption that now holds a cold grip around the neck of my homeland. Underhanded plots are used to gain power, tearing it away from those who rightfully earned it. The war machines of Zaun are unleashed to "better" our military via ruthless avenues of cowardice... That is not how Noxus should be... That is not true strength...

True strength is having nothing, and working hard to make yourself something through your meritorious actions... True strength is having the strength to use your power to protect those that are not as powerful as you, and showing them the way to improve themselves through determination and training. Those who are "weak" are simply those who do not try. If Noxus was truly strong, we would use our might to stand tall as the symbol of strength throughout all of Runeterra. Instead of seeing it as ours to take, we should see it as ours to protect. We should inspire others to be like us merely by standing tall and holding true to our pillars of determination.

Demacia is all about light, right, and justice. They are a powerful city-state with mighty warriors. But they are not like the Noxus I wish to create. Strength, honor, and determination to succeed under our own strength, rising above the "need" for Zaun's chemical weapons, to accomplish through our own power and determination anything we set out to do for the betterment of all... That is what Noxus should be. Rise above those around you, stand out and seize the moment, apply your strengths to your goals, and reach for them with all your might.

Right now, my homeland is seen as a scar of darkness across Valoran by many... I seek to change that. Even Demacia is seen as extreme in their views on justice and righteousness. There are, after all, no misdemeanors in Demacia. Bringing judgment upon others because they do not bow before your "high laws" or march to a different drum than the state is not the way either... I heard a story once where a Demacian soldier fought to rescue Noxian refugees from persecution and was exiled for not bringing justice upon them for their crimes when they were a part of Noxus.

Those people were attempting to escape the darkness of Noxus and live their own lives, and they were counted as guilty for the crime of being a Noxian citizen. Granted, these were older times of war, and not these times of...loose and fragile peace. However, this is not the way. Demacia, for all the light it holds, is not perfect, and for that matter, neither is Noxus. I have met several Demacian Champions, and while they are pleasant people, and some even people I would call friends, I see them as individuals, and not as judgmental as the homeland they represent. They extend the same courtesy to me...and I wish they would do the same to the greater portion of Noxus as well...

The Noxus I wish to bring about would accept all that wish to better themselves, to grow stronger and make something great of themselves, no matter their homeland of origin. If they wish to create death and suffering with their newfound power, or to corrupt others with it, to gain selfishly, it is the job of the strong to police the selfishness and ruthlessness of others for the betterment of all. Taking from others who have earned with their own struggles does not make you the rightful owner... While Demacia and my vision of Noxus may be more easy allies, I do not see my ideologies meshing with a large portion of Demacians. Noxus can be a beacon of strength, honor, and determination. We can succeed without the blackness of assassination or underhanded plotting. We can accomplish much with our own power, without relying on the cowardice of Zaun's machines.

...I was once blinded by the flawed ideals of the current Noxus, but I can see now the path to true strength... I have done terrible, horrible things, but if this life that was spared on the fields of Coeur that day can bring about a greater Noxus, and a greater Valoran...then, perhaps others will see what true strength is, what real power is... If those who claim strength would abuse it to bring suffering and death, that is not strength...that is cowardice and weakness.

I will show my homeland what they can do with their own two hands...

Or, I will die trying...

It is really that simple.
Wow, Riven...

There are so many things about what you ant Noxus to be that would fit so well with Demacia. You wanting to use your strength to protect those you've surpassed is exactly what Demacia is all about. Ridding the world of selfishness...

"When Demacians march forth, ridding Valoran of the evils of selfishness and greed under the pristine banner of justice, we know who we are and what we fight for, unapologetically."

I know the quote is probably too extreme for your liking, but it's what we want, too.

But I just want to say... yes, there are no misdemeanors in Demacia, but it's not like we'll kill you for stealing a wedge of cheese! We always look into the why, not just the what. I mean... a guy who steals bread to feed his starving family won't have the hammer slammed down upon him. Though, in Demacia, there's no way anybody would sink that low, thanks to all our social programs.

Those Noxians... you have to understand, way too many Noxians have masqueraded as exiles or POWs, just to attack us when our guard was down. We just couldn't risk treating them as anything less than our enemy. And it WAS war... sorry, I won't keep trying to justify it. Those were good people seeking help, and... well, nevermind. But I can guarantee you, now's peace time, the same thing wouldn't happen. Sivir helped Noxus out a lot, but she comes and goes freely in Demacia... even when she's stealing vehicles and trashing neighborhoods. What is wrong with that woman?!

Anyway, I'm really glad you told us what you're fighting for. I'm sure your Noxus and Demacia could have quite a friendly relationship!

Oh, and my original reason for writing this. I almost fooled Tryndamere! He almost kissed me! Eep!

*enclosed is a picture of Lux, dressed as Ashe, an arrow in her mouth, winking and flashing a peace sign. Ashe has her arms crossed in the background,unamused, while Tryndamere is sheepishly standing beside her with a red handprint on his cheek*

Ashe is pretty protective of a 'political' marriage... I think there's more to it than that~!

Archoness Syndra

09-24-2012

Exile,

I understand that over the course of your fellow Noxian's failed invasion and conquest of Ionia, circumstance conspired against you and resulted in the loss of those that you may have considered close, and all that you believed in once as far as ideals was shattered. For this, you have my sympathy and condolences. Fate can be a cruel mistress at times, no?

Regardless, I have other matters that concern me at this moment. Assuming that you have heard of my...'past', I would wonder about your take on such events. We are both exiles in a sense, secluding ourselves from most societies due to differences in ideals.

Further, another question arises. Given the proper circumstances, would you be willing to reconcile with your home city-state of Noxus? If they were to embrace the ideals that you believe would be befitting of your home, would you once again join with them? Would such measures require you to 'persuade' certain individuals? I ask this for...my own purposes.

Syndra

Ask Riven

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Those Noxians... you have to understand, way too many Noxians have masqueraded as exiles or POWs, just to attack us when our guard was down. We just couldn't risk treating them as anything less than our enemy. And it WAS war... sorry, I won't keep trying to justify it. Those were good people seeking help, and... well, nevermind. But I can guarantee you, now's peace time, the same thing wouldn't happen. Sivir helped Noxus out a lot, but she comes and goes freely in Demacia... even when she's stealing vehicles and trashing neighborhoods. What is wrong with that woman?!

Anyway, I'm really glad you told us what you're fighting for. I'm sure your Noxus and Demacia could have quite a friendly relationship!

Oh, and my original reason for writing this. I almost fooled Tryndamere! He almost kissed me! Eep!

*enclosed is a picture of Lux, dressed as Ashe, an arrow in her mouth, winking and flashing a peace sign. Ashe has her arms crossed in the background,unamused, while Tryndamere is sheepishly standing beside her with a red handprint on his cheek*

Ashe is pretty protective of a 'political' marriage... I think there's more to it than that~!
I still consider my own ideals different from those of Demacia...

I seek only to have Noxus embrace the pure vision I have of strength, and to understand what that strength is. It is not simply the strong leading the weak or crushing them underfoot, but the strong leading the weak to grasp their own greatness, making all of us stronger... Senseless violence and killing for personal gain is pointless, and only begets hatred. I am all for an honorable duel to settle disputes, even to claim power if the case arose, but I would never condone the killing of the defeated party. Simply because they have been bested by you does not mean they are worthless. Their strength could still benefit others, even yourself.

I believe the "holier than thou" stance Demacia has against most of the Noxian ideals is what propagates the hatred between our homelands. I despise Singed for what he did to my family in Ionia, but I do not necessarily hate Zaun. I hate what Noxus' ideals have become, but not the people of Noxus. One beacon of wrongness and spite does not condemn an entire country of people... You may see things more clearly than a vast majority of your countrymen, Lux, but until I can show Noxus the truth of my ideals, I do not see our homelands being allies.

As far as the picture...perhaps you should be careful with your costumed fun. You may provoke a diplomatic incident if you are not cautious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archoness Syndra View Post
Exile,

I understand that over the course of your fellow Noxian's failed invasion and conquest of Ionia, circumstance conspired against you and resulted in the loss of those that you may have considered close, and all that you believed in once as far as ideals was shattered. For this, you have my sympathy and condolences. Fate can be a cruel mistress at times, no?

Regardless, I have other matters that concern me at this moment. Assuming that you have heard of my...'past', I would wonder about your take on such events. We are both exiles in a sense, secluding ourselves from most societies due to differences in ideals.

Further, another question arises. Given the proper circumstances, would you be willing to reconcile with your home city-state of Noxus? If they were to embrace the ideals that you believe would be befitting of your home, would you once again join with them? Would such measures require you to 'persuade' certain individuals? I ask this for...my own purposes.

Syndra
I won't pretend I have the right to cast judgment upon you simply because of hearsay about your past, Sovereign. I come from a place where strength is not hidden away, it is encouraged and molded. If you'd been of Noxus and not Ionia, things may have been different. However, yours is a grand power, and something that fills most with fear. However, if I may be blunt, I feel your reactions were unwarranted. If one is gifted with great strength in Noxus, they may be weighted for training to sharpen their skills with heavy limits placed upon them, so that when those limits are removed, they will be truly fearsome indeed.

I don't know much about Ionian training methods, little at all, in fact, however I can assume they were attempting to do the same thing, to teach you to mold and shape your powers with the utmost control, and to impress upon you the basic skills required to master your abilities. Instead, you broke the bonds, murdered your master for holding you back, and decided to follow your own path. While I can respect you using your own strength to live your life in the way you see fit, I do not think you truly understood the entirety of the situation.

I wish to reconcile with Noxus, but only if they can see how harmful their ideals are to themselves, and to Valoran. I will fight if I must, and I see some cases where doing so is inevitable, however, I would rather avoid needless bloodshed. My ideas are not...popular among many Noxian citizens. Some may see me as a hero returned from death, while others may see me as a traitor and outcast who turned her back on them. Regardless, I only wish them to see how corrupted their views have become with darkness and greed. I do not seek revenge upon them for what happened...only to give meaning to those who were lost, and to prevent it from happening to anyone again...

I don't know what you are planning, Sovereign, but I hope it is not something so simple as blind rage and revenge. Consider your actions, their cost, their weight... You have been given a great gift... I would ask you, as someone who admires strength, please do not squander it on selfish gains, or kill needlessly. I may have to fight, maybe even kill to achieve my goals, but I assure you, every life I must take will have weight, and add another stain of blood upon my hands that will never, truly, be wiped clean...

You have already killed at least once, Sovereign... Please, do not ever do so again without heavily considering the implications... One cannot truly bring back the dead once they are gone...

Dear Luxanna

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
I still consider my own ideals different from those of Demacia...

I seek only to have Noxus embrace the pure vision I have of strength, and to understand what that strength is. It is not simply the strong leading the weak or crushing them underfoot, but the strong leading the weak to grasp their own greatness, making all of us stronger... Senseless violence and killing for personal gain is pointless, and only begets hatred. I am all for an honorable duel to settle disputes, even to claim power if the case arose, but I would never condone the killing of the defeated party. Simply because they have been bested by you does not mean they are worthless. Their strength could still benefit others, even yourself.

I believe the "holier than thou" stance Demacia has against most of the Noxian ideals is what propagates the hatred between our homelands. I despise Singed for what he did to my family in Ionia, but I do not necessarily hate Zaun. I hate what Noxus' ideals have become, but not the people of Noxus. One beacon of wrongness and spite does not condemn an entire country of people... You may see things more clearly than a vast majority of your countrymen, Lux, but until I can show Noxus the truth of my ideals, I do not see our homelands being allies.

As far as the picture...perhaps you should be careful with your costumed fun. You may provoke a diplomatic incident if you are not cautious...
I... I'm sorry... my brother is not a bad person. But we've all experienced an entire lifetime of every Noxian we've ever met trying to kill us. Did you know I've never met a Noxian citizen? Not one. Every Noxian I've ever met has been a soldier, and you're the only one who didn't want to kill me in that meeting. I'm sure you can understand why so many Demacians view Noxians only as the... selfish enemy... but we're not murderers! The King would never authorize the raze of Noxus. There is no justice in slaughtering civilians for their nationality...

I'm sorry, Riven. So many Noxian soldiers have done nothing to make Noxus seem like a place full of actual people, I never really stop to think how the Rivens of the Noxian military might perceive what we Demacians do. I can't imagine what the story of Sion and Urgot's executions must be like, how horrible it's played out.

...I'm making us both feel bad now. I'm sorry.