Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

08-24-2012

I think it would have been nice to have met your father...

He seems a very wise being...

Ask Shyvana

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
I think it would have been nice to have met your father...

He seems a very wise being...
Thank you. He was. It has taken me a lifetime and an entire monastery full of Ionians just to quell my rage to this point. My father did it of his own will. I can't imagine how wise he truly was. If I may ask, what of your parents?

Ask Riven

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Thank you. He was. It has taken me a lifetime and an entire monastery full of Ionians just to quell my rage to this point. My father did it of his own will. I can't imagine how wise he truly was. If I may ask, what of your parents?
I never really knew my parents... I never had a mother to love me, or a father to look up to.

All I had were the soldiers, men and women, of Noxus. They became my family, I suppose. All I learned I learned from them...

Luxiere

08-24-2012

Riven,

Were you ever jealous of something? Did you ever wish something so much?

Also, if there was a rumor that your parents are around and alive, would you embark on a journey searching them?

Ask Riven

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere View Post
Riven,

Were you ever jealous of something? Did you ever wish something so much?

Also, if there was a rumor that your parents are around and alive, would you embark on a journey searching them?
I don't know if I've ever really been jealous before... Wishing something? I think everyone has wished for something at some point...

As for my parents... I don't know. Even if I met them, I don't know if I'd be able to think of them as my family...

Ask Shyvana

08-24-2012

You know, the Demacian nobility has a certain way of adopting women like us, if you need a father figure.

I know you won't go for it, but... *awkward smile*

Nwol

08-24-2012

I'm suddenly reminded of my blood brother...having family is important however, but I never really felt adoption in is the way to do it. Don't mind me though.

-Tekun Valos

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

08-24-2012

Riven,

I have been asked by a former colleague of mine to host a large unarmed combat tournament in the Underdome, and I was wondering if you would care to participate. There's a 500,000 gold cash prize for the champion, though I honestly doubt that would mean anything to you.

-Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

Ask Shyvana

08-24-2012

It wouldn't mean much to her, but she would likely donate most of it to Ionia.

Very noble of you, Riven, but please, keep some for yourself.

Ask Riven

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
You know, the Demacian nobility has a certain way of adopting women like us, if you need a father figure.

I know you won't go for it, but... *awkward smile*
Your offer is kind, but you know me well enough to understand why I wouldn't need something like that, particularly. I've grown strong without a mother or father, so there's no need for me to have one now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
I'm suddenly reminded of my blood brother...having family is important however, but I never really felt adoption in is the way to do it. Don't mind me though.

-Tekun Valos
I've never really had a "family" other than the other soldiers of Noxus, so I don't quite understand your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jax View Post
Riven,

I have been asked by a former colleague of mine to host a large unarmed combat tournament in the Underdome, and I was wondering if you would care to participate. There's a 500,000 gold cash prize for the champion, though I honestly doubt that would mean anything to you.

-Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
I must refuse, Grandmaster. While I'm certain I could fight fairly well without my blade at my side, fighting for sport or prize money is simply not my style...

I'm sure you'll understand...

Regardless, I thank you for the offer.