Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algarik View Post
Wow thank you a lot! Itís an honour to talk with you. Thatís not a compliment, thatís a fact. Your someone with a strong will to change what you think good and that is truly respectable. Thank you to have answered all my questions. I still got some more, but before I must tell you that I agreed with all you said about strength and power, but I disagree with the ability the excel beyond your peer. I think strength is the ability to excel beyond what you actually are, to improve yourself. I think itís the ability to face your Ďífateíí and pass trough obstacle. Well thatís all opinions, mine is not better than yours. I will ask you more question now!

1. When I look at you, I donít see any scar, thatís pretty rare for a warrior. Are you so talented that you never been hurt enough to gain a big scar or your using some kind of magic potion that restore skin appearance?

2. Sometime I ear you saying Ďí My spirit is not lostíí. Are you saying that your soul or your spirit is tainted by some kind of evil? Are you talking about your sanity, your honour or your dream? What exactly do you want to express with this sentence?

3. Is Riven your real name? Because it would be a nice nickname to fit your present situations since it mean something broken or torn apart. I donít wanna know your real name, unless you really want to tell it to me, but Iím curious because I donít think itís an coincidence if your actual name is ĎíRiveníí.

I will offer you again to ask me question or help if you want to. As I already said, I would love to help my favourite champions of the league. Thank you again

- Your devoted summoner, Algarik.
Your statement about improving oneself is not untrue. I agree with that mentality. But if you think about it, while you improve yourself, you become greater than the ones around you. The ones who excel in this respect become clearly stronger than their peers. This was my reasoning. The ones who stand out should recieve something greater for their efforts and skills. This is the Noxian way.

For your other questions,

1. The benefits of magic are great. Many battle wounds can be erased with curing spells. However, sometimes there are wounds so great that they cannot be concealed. I have a few of those. As much as I'd like to say I've never gained a scar in battle, but I'm not perfect. I've made mistakes. I've learned from them. And seeing those scars lets me remember them. I just don't show them off to other people. It's not something like that.

2. If you know my history, you'll understand that I went through some troubling times. If you hear me say such a thing, it's just that I want to express that it hasn't ruined me. I've grown from there. And I will continue to forge a new path from that point.

3. That's a very keen observation. I'm impressed. For that, I think I'll offer you this little amount of info about myself. Riven was the name given to me by my first commander in the Noxian military. The one who decided to enroll me. He was impressed by my ability to tear through ('rive') the enemy, even at my young age. I accepted it with pride. It has nothing to do with my current state. Rather, it's a summary of my strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilvur View Post
Riven,
Judging from your outlook on power, would you say you frown upon the combat techniques of some of your fellow champions? Several of them do not fight head on, with their fighting styles being more unorthodox, and, depending on your point of view, cowardly. Singed, Twitch, and Heimerdinger come to mind off the top of my head. Personally, I find such diversity in combat to be very refreshing, whereas outside of the League, you get run of the mill warriors who are all straightforward fighters. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your thought process!
I mentioned eariler that I think Heimerdinger could be an excellent military commander if he put his mind towards it. To be honest, I can't figure out why he would choose to fight in the League. I don't believe he should be here. He could use his mind for much better purposes. But I digress.
You might think I'm a little narrowminded, but I firmly believe that one can only truly gain strength from themselves. I feel that it's unfair to yourself to cheat your way through. To simply become something more without the proper input and training is unnatural. I can't agree with it. I've put all my efforts into my own strength, and it has paid off, while others did not and failed. I will continue to support this ideology because it has shown to be true. Effort should be rewarded by oneself before anything else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wes312

Junior Member

03-05-2012

Riven,

Whats your opinion on the swordsmanship of Master Yi? Would you consider him of a higher caliber?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quiksilvur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-05-2012

That's fair enough; I can definitely understand where your coming from. Another, completely unrelated question comes to mind... Do you ever get used to death? My impression is that every time you die, it would feel like your last stand, like dying in real battle, bested by whoever was your killer. What are your thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

Member

03-05-2012

Dear Riven,

Is Katarina aware of the blackmail photograph I have of her? I've not seen her for a few days and I'm starting to worry that she is waiting in my closet to ambush me.

~Talon


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes312 View Post
Riven,

Whats your opinion on the swordsmanship of Master Yi? Would you consider him of a higher caliber?
Yi is an exceptional swordsman, but I think he focuses too greatly on speed. What he can do in several swipes, I can accomplish with my blade in one blow. Surely he can enter and leave a battle just as quickly as I can, but I often feel I make a much more significant impact when I do so. I'd like to say I'm better than him in combat, but we've already had many... incidents regarding the issue in the past. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me bringing it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilvur View Post
That's fair enough; I can definitely understand where your coming from. Another, completely unrelated question comes to mind... Do you ever get used to death? My impression is that every time you die, it would feel like your last stand, like dying in real battle, bested by whoever was your killer. What are your thoughts?
Death never meant much to me. When I fight, such thoughts don't cross my mind. I'm entirely focused on my objective. If I fail, I don't despair. I find solace in the thought that I'm doing what I'm meant to do.
Well... I say that, but to be quite honest, the first time was difficult. It's certainly never a pleasant experience. The only way to make it better is to attempt to bring down your foe with you. There is some honor in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
Dear Riven,

Is Katarina aware of the blackmail photograph I have of her? I've not seen her for a few days and I'm starting to worry that she is waiting in my closet to ambush me.

~Talon
You're assuming I have contact with Katarina regularly. I have not seen her at all recently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KŰg Maw

Senior Member

03-06-2012

Kog'maw's team always tells him to ward river even though you aren't there! Kog'maw is confused.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Algarik

Member

03-06-2012

Thank again for answering all my questions is quite pleasant. I love star that pay attention to their fan. I still agree partially with your strength vision, Iím not a big lover of individualism ideologies, but I can respect that. I think that number is a important fact in strength, ability to work with your teammates too. United we stand, divided we fall. Thatís how I think. Well I have bothered you enough with my ideology. Now some more questions:

1. How was the life as a female noxian soldier? Everybody knows that peoples in Noxus think that women should stay in kitchen. Was it difficult? What your comrades were thinking of you?

2. That question and question 1 are linked. You know that women in Noxus are second-class citizens, and you wish to change noxians into true noxians. As a woman how do you plan to change noxian mindset?

3. Iím sorry I shouldnít remind you your painful past. How are you feeling in the league? Do you feel better than before, since your entrance as new champion? Did you made some friends?

If questions get too personal feel free to tell me.

-Your devoted summoner, Algarik


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoS Trojan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Dear Riven,

Seeing you value of strength, I couldn't help but wonder what your thought are about summoners, who do not fight for themselves but instead summon champions to fight for them. Do you believe summoners should fight for themselves on the field like the champions they summon?

-Trojan


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KŰg Maw View Post
Kog'maw's team always tells him to ward river even though you aren't there! Kog'maw is confused.
*Chuckle*

I know our language isn't quite natural for you, Kog, but I'm sure there's a word similar to what you're hearing that makes much more sense in that situation. I'll let you figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algarik View Post
Thank again for answering all my questions is quite pleasant. I love star that pay attention to their fan. I still agree partially with your strength vision, I’m not a big lover of individualism ideologies, but I can respect that. I think that number is a important fact in strength, ability to work with your teammates too. United we stand, divided we fall. That’s how I think. Well I have bothered you enough with my ideology. Now some more questions:

1. How was the life as a female noxian soldier? Everybody knows that peoples in Noxus think that women should stay in kitchen. Was it difficult? What your comrades were thinking of you?

2. That question and question 1 are linked. You know that women in Noxus are second-class citizens, and you wish to change noxians into true noxians. As a woman how do you plan to change noxian mindset?

3. I’m sorry I shouldn’t remind you your painful past. How are you feeling in the league? Do you feel better than before, since your entrance as new champion? Did you made some friends?

If questions get too personal feel free to tell me.

-Your devoted summoner, Algarik
Well, I won't lie... these are getting a little too close. But I think I'm enjoying this a little. It helps me focus my thoughts.

1. You wouldn't believe how many guys I've had to 'prove my worth' to, as they'd call it. I have yet to lose to any male in the Noxian military who has challenged me. I assume the ones who have simply have a sort of inferiority complex, as I've gotten along rather well with the majority of them. They used to treat me as one of the guys, which I guess was alright. I don't really see myself as a guy in any way. I just didn't put much thought into it back then. I was focused on my training.

2. In my opinion, gender is irrelevant. The problem is not that Noxian women are treated as inferiors. It's that they act like them. They seem to have it set in their mind that they're too frail for the military. That the female body just isn't made for battle. I'm living proof of the contrary.
But, in any case, if they feel that way, I wouldn't try to convince them otherwise. What I admire is a warrior's spirit. Some people just don't have that. Surely, it is possible to develop, but many aren't willing to change themselves for it. Besides, when the military goes to battle, there needs to be a population left to take care of Noxus. It might as well be those men and women who are ignorant of their capabilities.

3. My time at the League has been beneficial so far. I do not regret coming here. Friends? Maybe a few. I'd rather not get into that though. It's complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoS Trojan View Post
Dear Riven,

Seeing you value of strength, I couldn't help but wonder what your thought are about summoners, who do not fight for themselves but instead summon champions to fight for them. Do you believe summoners should fight for themselves on the field like the champions they summon?

-Trojan
I do value the strength of summoners. If I were to try to fight one, he would prove a formidable foe. The reason I admire them is because I know of the vast amounts of training they must go through to grasp their power. They put much more effort into their work than they receive in the end. Years of training to master the simplest of things. It's a frightening thought to imagine what sort of power they had before the League was formed. I myself was too young to remember much before then. I've really only heard stories.
As for fighting themselves, I don't believe that would be a good idea. The magic they use is controlled in order to prevent the world from collapsing. If they were to begin using it rampantly again, it would only bring about catastrophe. I trust the League to do its part to keep our world safe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Algarik

Member

03-08-2012

Iím glad youíre enjoying it, unless I would feel really bad. I really donít want to bother you. Iím also happy because of what you think of summoned. I took me so much hours of training to be strong as I am now. Iím also really happy for you, life seem to be much better for you since you are in the league. Your social life seems to be a bit harder, but I think time and willpower could fix that. I know that many noxian want to see your head on a pike, but youíre not alone in your fight. Many people seem to think like you, Noxus need to change. I 110% agree with you. You got the will to stand alone, but having allies and friends help a lot. Personal experienceÖ I think you had proved your worth enough. If you still want to answer I still got more questions.

1. Since one month, approximately, Your Ki burst seem less powerful than before and your technique named Ďí Broken wingíí seems a bit more powerful. Did you change your fighting style?

2. Do you prefer the twisted treeline, the summonerís rift or the crystal scar as battlefield? I would like to know, because I always summon you in the summoner rift.

3. How do you feel when summoner tries to date you? I donít point anybody; well Iím trying not to! I must feel awkward Iím sure, just curious about it, because so many man seem to try. I guess that women out of reach seem more attractive.

-Your devoted summoner, Algarik