Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheCardmaster View Post
(...Hmm I'm not sure if this confirms what i thought your angle was on for Riven's social awkwardness. Maybe it does.))
((I could describe it, but that would ruin the enjoyment to try and learn it through her actions. lol))

Ask Riven

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere View Post
Dearest Riven,

I've summoned many other champions to fight others with on the "top lane", but rarely have I summoned you. Now, with the "meta" and countless strategy changes, I've came to the point of summoning you, and I do mean summon you frequently. I did summon you long ago during my early ages as a summoner, but unfortunately with a knowledge so little on how to use (pardon my words) you to the fullest, I've failed countless times.

What I've had most interest in you is your strength and the story of your life. All so interesting to me.

Is there any tips you'd like to give to a summoner like me, who is new to you? Furthermore, what runes do you find most effective on you?

((If this question has been asked, apologies are on their way. I just have no patience to read every page of this thread.))
Well...

I find many summoners favor an Armor Penetration setup on "Reds and Quints", with Armor "Yellows", and Magic Resist "Blues." I really have no idea what the colors mean, as I am not a summoner. However, I have also heard "Cooldown Reduction Blues" have been used on me with great effectiveness as well.

When it comes down to it, Summoner, my PERSONAL suggestion to you would be to use your magics to increase my damage and survivability, and damage output. The faster I can damage my foes, and the more often I can do so lends itself well to my style of combat, as I already tend to favor high mobility, and linking my battle routines together for the most damage with quick strikes.

Of course, your strategy is your own. I can only suggest what I would favor as myself.

I hope that helps...

Nwol

08-06-2012

Riven,

Apparently Jax is having an open house party of some sorts to celebrate his return. Would you consider attending such a thing?

-Tekun Valos

Ask Riven

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
Riven,

Apparently Jax is having an open house party of some sorts to celebrate his return. Would you consider attending such a thing?

-Tekun Valos
I am not one who enjoys parties, particularly...

I'm certain the Grandmaster and Shyvana will not miss me if I do not attend.

Nwol

08-06-2012

Do you really believe that? This is a special occasion after all. Your company would be enjoyed and you may actually enjoy yourself.

-Tekun Valos

Ask Riven

08-06-2012

I doubt very much I would enjoy myself. I've been to social gatherings before, and I've never really enjoyed myself then either. Regardless, I was not invited, and I am not a "party person." I have no need to go, and no real desire either...

I've had a stressful day as it is... I don't wish to be placed into another stressful situation...

Nwol

08-06-2012

And let's say that Jax and Shyvana sent you an invitation asking for specifically you, would you still go (Mind you its an open party.) I feel like you should attempt to interact with those whom you encounter rather than recluse yourself all the time. Separate yourself from the constant badgering of those who would challenge your ideology and your struggles on and off the field.

I do not mean to add more stress upon your plate but it would be quite a sight to see you out and about. If it makes you feel better, I'll show and I'm sure I can get someone else to attend as well.

-Tekun Valos

Luxiere

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Well...

I find many summoners favor an Armor Penetration setup on "Reds and Quints", with Armor "Yellows", and Magic Resist "Blues." I really have no idea what the colors mean, as I am not a summoner. However, I have also heard "Cooldown Reduction Blues" have been used on me with great effectiveness as well.

When it comes down to it, Summoner, my PERSONAL suggestion to you would be to use your magics to increase my damage and survivability, and damage output. The faster I can damage my foes, and the more often I can do so lends itself well to my style of combat, as I already tend to favor high mobility, and linking my battle routines together for the most damage with quick strikes.

Of course, your strategy is your own. I can only suggest what I would favor as myself.

I hope that helps...

Dearest Riven,

I thank you for your quick answer, it has indeed helped me greatly. In the near future, I will try out all the different selections of "runes" you have experienced, and at the same time, seeking what suits me best as it differs by every summoner.

I also have a few questions for you regarding yourself and thoughts on the league, if you don't mind answering.

Here goes the questions:

-Questions about battling-

Unlike before, where many of the summoners summoned you over any other champion, it seems to me that your popularity has been decreasing lately. By popularity, I mean the desire of summoning you to battle with other summoners' champion.

Continuing, some summoners who have lost a battle with you would say that you are overpowered. Thus, giving you limits on your side. Has this ever affected you on how you battle with other champions?

((Shortly, did nerfs critically affect your laning skills?))

Second, which champions do you have hard time fighting with in terms of your limits? Irelia? Malphite? That yordle they call Teemo? Or any other champions?

((Shortly, what champion counters you the hardest?))

Third, what is your worst nightmare when battling with other champions on the battle field? What shuts you down fast?

-And questions about YOU-

Fourth, what do you dream about? As in, when you're asleep, did you ever dream about your past? What appears on your dream?

Lastly, you're well known for your strength, mobility, courage, ideal, moral, and your long term goal. But putting this all aside, what do you consider your weakest point? Do you think you have one? And did you ever have the moment where you would shed tears of resentment, remorse or any other emotions?

Shortly, do you cry?

If too much personal, feel free to skip a question.

This would be my last question at the moment, though there may be more to come..

((OOC: I would like to ask you straight forward on your thoughts about Riven herself and which champions you have hard time countering for the battle part, but assuming others don't really ask you straight forward, I'll ask questions like how others do. Oh, and I really enjoy your Riven RP, I can see that you really put hard work and researched so much about her. Splendid really. :D))

Ask Riven

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
And let's say that Jax and Shyvana sent you an invitation asking for specifically you, would you still go (Mind you its an open party.) I feel like you should attempt to interact with those whom you encounter rather than recluse yourself all the time. Separate yourself from the constant badgering of those who would challenge your ideology and your struggles on and off the field.

I do not mean to add more stress upon your plate but it would be quite a sight to see you out and about. If it makes you feel better, I'll show and I'm sure I can get someone else to attend as well.

-Tekun Valos
I don't like where this line of questioning is going. I don't like feeling goaded, and that's exactly how I feel with this. I said I don't have an interest in going to the party. So, can you please just drop the subject? I have my own reasons...

Quote:
Unlike before, where many of the summoners summoned you over any other champion, it seems to me that your popularity has been decreasing lately. By popularity, I mean the desire of summoning you to battle with other summoners' champion.

Continuing, some summoners who have lost a battle with you would say that you are overpowered. Thus, giving you limits on your side. Has this ever affected you on how you battle with other champions?
If anything, I welcome a chance to have more free time, and focus on my own thoughts and mission. Being a little less popular, in a way, is a relaxing and welcome thing.

As for the League's limits on my abilities, I can't say their changes to my abilities have really felt as if they were hampering me too greatly. I can still perform my task well enough, even with their changes...

Quote:
Second, which champions do you have hard time fighting with in terms of your limits? Irelia? Malphite? That yordle they call Teemo? Or any other champions?
Champions that are primarily ranged cause me issues to a degree. I learned to fight in close quarters during my training with Noxus. I wield a sword. That weapon choice makes it more difficult to deal with ranged champions, or even spellcasters. Hence why I value my mobility in my style so much...

Quote:
Third, what is your worst nightmare when battling with other champions on the battle field? What shuts you down fast?
Being surrounded or singled out typically worries me. I'm simply not trained to handle such situations. Though, there are few champions adept at such things I suppose...

Quote:
Fourth, what do you dream about? As in, when you're asleep, did you ever dream about your past? What appears on your dream?
I'd...rather not talk about my dreams... I'm sorry.

Quote:
Lastly, you're well known for your strength, mobility, courage, ideal, moral, and your long term goal. But putting this all aside, what do you consider your weakest point? Do you think you have one? And did you ever have the moment where you would shed tears of resentment, remorse or any other emotions?
...I'd rather not discuss this either... However, it is safe to say that I've felt more than my share of negative emotions over the years...

Quote:
((OOC: I would like to ask you straight forward on your thoughts about Riven herself and which champions you have hard time countering for the battle part, but assuming others don't really ask you straight forward, I'll ask questions like how others do. Oh, and I really enjoy your Riven RP, I can see that you really put hard work and researched so much about her. Splendid really. ))
((Thanks. I try to portray her as accurately and as truthfully to the material as I can, keeping in mind comments made by Xypherous about her attitude, and lots of other things. I'm sure I'm not perfect, but I try. As for playing Riven ingame, I'm a terrible player. lol I play for fun, not for domination or whatnot. However, Armor Pen Reds and Quints, Armor Yellows, and CDR Blues work just fine for my needs, with masteries to push her offense, with a few points in defense as well. She's still my favorite champ, and will be till something better comes along, which I doubt will ever happen.))

Nwol

08-06-2012

Very well. My apologies for forcing the matter. Are we still good to duel eventually?

-Tekun Valos

((Honestly I think you are currently the best asker on these boards. Everyone could learn a thing or two from you. It's part of the reason I participate on this thread so much))