Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

((Well, here we go. *Turns on Thanatos from the Evangelion OST* ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovean View Post
You're stating that you feel responsible for the maladies that Noxus brought upon this world? And that is your obligation to follow the opposite direction of your past deeds?
I am not personally responsible for all of them, no. I don't think I am the worst person in Noxus, or to come from Noxus. However, I have done a great number of terrible things, and as such, I feel my obligation is to right what has been wronged, and to ensure it doesn't happen again. I changed since the invasion and that battle. I'm not the same person. The person that I am now can't rest until my goals are completed...

Quote:
Tell me if I'm delusional, but I've taken notice of presumably a number of mixed feelings behind most of your words.

I know that forgiveness doesn't come easily these days, but is it possible that you're looking for absolution? Have you ever came to reflect, even once, that it may be something else other than your memories and experiences that triggers your night horrors?
Of course... The thought that I killed so many because of my beliefs haunts me, and the fact that the homeland that I loved killed so many hurts as well. I barely sleep at night because of those memories and that guilt! You, and everyone else like you keeps trying to pry into my head, understand what I am... I'm a broken soldier just trying to find some manner of peace for myself and the dead, and to make sure future senseless killing can be avoided at all costs... The Ionians didn't deserve to die! But they did... And I...and I helped kill them... And not a day goes by that I don't wish I could do something, anything to make their deaths worthwhile, so that they didn't merely throw away their lives for nothing, that their deaths meant something...

Quote:
Is half of your dertemination, that you cower behind words and actions of nobility, the hope to be able to someday forgive yourself and be forgiven? Because you feel abashed from taking place in the damage that Noxus did to Valoran and Runeterra?
Cower? COWER? Is that what you think I'm doing?! I'm NOT cowering or hiding away from anything! I stand here, writing out my ideals and what I wish for Noxus. Anyone with half a brain can figure out what that means... I live under constant fear that one day, I'll wake up, just as some assassin is sliding his blade into my heart to silence me... I watch the shadows, and my back, constantly. That's all I ever get to do...

Quote:
You've just described an assassination attempt out of your own free will. Did you thought that eliminating one major pawn in the playtable would not only cause a major political impact but also lessen a burden on your conscience?
No... That was NOT an assassination attempt... Assassins lurk in the shadows. They plot and plan, and strike when their target cannot defend themselves. They have no sense of honor... What I did, I did out of necessity. I waded into the lair of my enemy, and attacked them head on in combat. I did not poison his meal or drink. I did not trail him until he was alone. I fought him with all my strength, surrounded by those that would try to protect him, and all the darkness and corruption he represents... And you know what? I even failed that, and must be subjected to a visual and symbolic reminder of that failure on the fields because of it...!

...Do you honestly think I ENJOYED having to resort to such things?! What...what kind of a monster do you think I am? I can't change Noxus by simply preaching about change. Words mean nothing in Noxus... Nothing... Things require action in order to change...action that will most certainly turn to violence. But, those voices and faces in my head keep me going. They refuse to let me rest until I do something to atone for my sins, and for all the death I helped cause...! Violence is the only thing Noxus understands now...and as much as it pains me, that is the path I must walk to enact change...

So...please... Just leave me alone...

Nwol

08-05-2012

You're not a monster. You are a person. There will always be people like this who will prod and provoke. Stay strong Exile.

-Tekun Valos

AsktheCardmaster

08-05-2012

(...Hmm I'm not sure if this confirms what i thought your angle was on for Riven's social awkwardness. Maybe it does.))

Dark Reiora

08-05-2012

((an intervention. Someone force her to go to Jax's party.

This is not a request, but a necessity. Your Riven RP is just so cute.))

AsktheCardmaster

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reiora View Post
((an intervention. Someone force her to go to Jax's party.

This is not a request, but a necessity. Your Riven RP is just so cute.))
((.....Well if we just get Eve and Ahri, then it is possible.))

Nwol

08-05-2012

((We're trying to get her to come out of her social shell. Not seduce her))

AsktheCardmaster

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
((It's called peer pressure, and no one can do it better than the two those two. They won't seduce just use their wits to convince her to attend.

Would you perfer if I tried?))

Dark Reiora

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
((Hey. Hey. Ends justify the means.

Edit: I mean, er.... Exactly what TF said. That's what I meant.))

Nwol

08-05-2012

((Group Effort TF! Best open conspiracy ever!))

Luxiere

08-06-2012

Dearest Riven,

I've summoned many other champions to fight others with on the "top lane", but rarely have I summoned you. Now, with the "meta" and countless strategy changes, I've came to the point of summoning you, and I do mean summon you frequently. I did summon you long ago during my early ages as a summoner, but unfortunately with a knowledge so little on how to use (pardon my words) you to the fullest, I've failed countless times.

What I've had most interest in you is your strength and the story of your life. All so interesting to me.

Is there any tips you'd like to give to a summoner like me, who is new to you? Furthermore, what runes do you find most effective on you?

((If this question has been asked, apologies are on their way. I just have no patience to read every page of this thread.))