Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eredaar

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
( I didn't mean Mordenn doubts that Riven doesn't understand, he just figures it's easy for most people to see.)

I've also been curious as to one typically so pragmatic in their tactics would chose to wield a broken blade. Symbolic or not, wouldn't it lessen your combat capabilities?
while wielding a normal blade that was broken even at her swords size would be ineffective, HER sword can channel ki(or whatever you want to call it) and allows her to reform it and thus the broken blade is still best

SeaofLight

02-23-2012

Riven, you always seem to handle your sword like its either a part of you or another person.
Sometimes on the field I even feel like you're talking to your blade. Care to elaborate your exact feelings for your sword?

Eredaar

02-23-2012

Riven, if it is ok I would like to ask two questions,

1 I am a summoner who specializes mainly in mage champions; however, I also do quite well with champions such as Akali, Irelia, Fizz etc would you recommend I use my influence to be allowed to summon you permanently?

2 Why do you sometimes wear different armor that has the colors of Demacia

oh and a third: Why did you bring so much despair to Ionia, I have forgiven you but many have not.

Eredaar, Summoner of Ionia

SeaofLight

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post

1 I am a summoner who specializes mainly in mage champions; however, I also do quite well with champions such as Akali, Irelia, Fizz etc would you recommend I use my influence to be allowed to summon you permanently?

oh and a third: Why did you bring so much despair to Ionia, I have forgiven you but many have not.

Well that's incredibly rude.

Jaykoboy

02-23-2012

Riven,

Hey, if you want to go out for a date sometime, I found a better place than last time! No nasty sandwiches again; I should've warned you that outside of biscuits, Piltoverians make disgusting stuff.

You might get a couple of odd looks; this one's in Demacia. But don't worry, it'll be worth it! Best roast beef in Valoran, I swear it.

-Jay D. McIna

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Riven,

Hey, if you want to go out for a date sometime, I found a better place than last time! No nasty sandwiches again; I should've warned you that outside of biscuits, Piltoverians make disgusting stuff.

You might get a couple of odd looks; this one's in Demacia. But don't worry, it'll be worth it! Best roast beef in Valoran, I swear it.

-Jay D. McIna
(*Silent Jealousy*)

Ask Riven

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Sona View Post
Dear Riven,

You're grace on the fields is truly a beauty to behold. How do you draw such power from a broken weapon?

- Sona
Thank you for the compliment, Sona.

My sword may be broken, but it is far from ineffective. It draws its power from the runes and magic contained within. As long as at least one of the runes is intact, it will have some power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
I've also been curious as to one typically so pragmatic in their tactics would chose to wield a broken blade. Symbolic or not, wouldn't it lessen your combat capabilities?
My blade may have been a symbol at some point. And I must admit that at first it was rather hard to adjust to the difference in reach. But its current length is not short enough to bother me. I simply need to adjust my fighting style to suit it, which isn't a problem. Besides that, it does have its runic energy still (or at least enough to manage what I need it to most times), and the summoners seem to have little issue returning it to its full form. All in all, yes, if it were any other sword, I'd have discarded it. But this one continues to be worth it.

(OOC EDIT: I just read Xyph's comments on the whole sword-reforging thing, which wasn't clear to me beforehand. Apparently Riven wills her blade back into existence herself. I was under the impression it was a summoner thing. I'll keep that in mind for next time. ^_^; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaofLight View Post
Riven, you always seem to handle your sword like its either a part of you or another person.
Sometimes on the field I even feel like you're talking to your blade. Care to elaborate your exact feelings for your sword?
Have you ever heard the phrase "Treat your sword as an extension of your own body"? It's something like that, though I sometimes feel that it's a bit deeper than that somehow. I really do feel a synergy with it. I'd hate to part with it. In essence, it was my sole companion on my journeys. Does that sound a little crazy...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post

1. I'm not sure if I'm the right person to decide that, but I'll give you some insight. The other champions you've mentioned all have unique fighting styles. I'm also fairly unique, as I specialize in getting in and out of battle quickly and efficiently. You might call me a hit-and-run kind of fighter, but it's more akin to 'tactical strikes'. I adapt easily to different situations. These are my fortes.

2. This was a gift to me. It is not Demacian. I'd rather not reveal more.

3. You're asking me why I fought in Ionia? After everything you've heard about me?
The way you're phrasing it, it sounds like you blame me for the entire invasion... Not to mention that you, as a summoner, have refused to keep a neutral stance on matters (calling yourself Ionian still). Needless to say, I'm not keen on answering this question. It's rather uncalled for, with everything I've put myself through to try to make amends.

Heil Teemo

02-23-2012

Dear Riven, the wise and wistful warrior.

I've come to a point in my life where I feel like I should reflect. I believe I should settle down, start a family, and condense my holdings in order to secure a future I can be both proud of and confident in. However, I rather enjoy my occupation (which may or may not include summoning sentient beings to engage in magical cockfights). My question, thus, is do you believe I should pursue the course I know is best for the long term or continue to live in the moment? If you were in a similar situation, what would you do?

Signed, Conflicted in Kalamanda

Eredaar

02-23-2012

I do not blame you for the entire invasion however you DID kill many more people than most of your army and excuse me if I do not feel that you doing nothing essentially is making amends there is a much better way to do that such as actually helping Ionia to recover from the war or course it is to late for that... and what does my stance have to do with anything? again though I forgive you I simply wish to know WHY? I wouldn't ask this of most people but you seem like one with at least good judgement

Heil Teemo

02-23-2012

deer sordy lady

i want to eat ur sord

will u let me eat ur sord?

luv kog maw