How to mid vs LeBlanc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vignarg

Recruiter

02-13-2012

I recently went mid vs LeBlanc for my first time. I got cr-ushed.

It's not that I never had a LB on the opposing team, I just never had it where I was mid vs her. Last night was my first time and I was on Kennen, the poke mastah, so I figured "I'll be good," -totally not the case. That E/Q combo practically had me afraid to throw a star for farm, nevermind poking back.

Any advice on how to handle her in general, and specifically on Kennen would be incredibly helpful. The best guy I personally know (not a pro player, but more experienced than me) said "Just hang back and don't die, that's how you 'win' vs LB - you don't."

Is that about it?

Sonfon

02-13-2012

She is a counter mage. She will kill any mage in lane. The reason for this is that her single targer burst is incredibly high.

OnlyTanks

02-13-2012

Play someone with sustain like Mage wick or chogath and you will destroy her just ignore her poke and farm, harass when you can. Silencing her with feral scream or suppressing her will destroy her. If that fails play the anti Mage champ veigar.

Spopvitch

02-13-2012

i beat her ranked as malz but she wasnt that good, i just got some early pressure b4 she could do much then i would e the minions and fall back, she was usually aggresive and the e would get on to her or i would silence her when she came to me then
i e and fall back

Hyosun

02-13-2012

http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....nc-in-midlane/

you are welcome good sir!

tl:dr

not dying vs leblanc is half the battle is one strat. You can do this w/o screwing up your offense by picking good ol' Galio. This can be done through focusing on defense.
another tactic is to push the lane to her tower. She has trouble farming and last hitting at tower so she will lose out on cs. If you do this you will have to make sure to ward river since you're very exposed to jungle ganks.

BabeeCakez

02-13-2012

Winning your lane doesn't always mean you have to kill the other person or die. Creep farming counts very highly.

When I laned as MF in mid, I hit almost every creep kill for 15 waves and even though I died twice, I actually had a ton of gold to spend and I was able to keep my opponent distanced enough to not farm as much creep as I did. (I almost tripled my lane opponents creep score).

And of course, you can always gank. There are heros that are just very strong in the beginning such as LB and lux, but they begin to get easier to deal with later on when any CC takes them out easily.

sycamore

02-14-2012

when i get her kass ahri the mages with the quick gap closers i use heimer, i'll drop my turrets and stay a little behind them and farm up cs. eventually you just get that feeling that they are commin in to attack you can see them moving into position and then you just stun them when they get into range on you and your turrets, tbh you have to have a pretty fast reaction time with that stun.

other ways to deal with them is play hard D on that turret until you can get a banshee's or use a tank/heavy bruiser so they can't burst you down with 1 rotation and start snowballing.

Kietter

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeeCakez View Post
Winning your lane doesn't always mean you have to kill the other person or die. Creep farming counts very highly.
Remember this always.If you have the ability to deny her farm and ignore her pokes go for it. If you play a character with silence / fear / stun you can usually end her combo's quickly with a cast. Her single spell hits are not hard so you can suffer 1 hit vs a full combo drop.

If nothing else and your simply outplayed. Let your team know you need a gank / extra pressure.

Vikaryous

02-14-2012

Banshee's kind of screws her over, really any early MR hurts her. She's also pretty reliant on those kills for gold, so not dying is helpful (I know, that's kind of the idea to begin with, but it's worth reiterating).

She's the anti-mage, so of course it's going to be difficult. If you can survive her early game though, she'll be worthless later

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

pushers seem to do well (i.e. morde)
if you can base early, a doran ring or two should help as well

in the competitive team, lb was countered by swain that went 12 hpots as well as sion