A Constantly Changing Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

v4v3nd3774

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaja View Post
HP5 is the default choice because it is effective against both AD and AP bottoms. If you absolutely KNOW who and what you're going to face bottom, you're right, it is better to stack magic resistance or armor.
I see, thanks for the reply.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaja View Post
I expect royalties.

Also, Mundo.
You deserve them.

And yes, I have already thought of mundo, along with Shyvanna. But Mollica seems to disagree, so I hesitate to post it

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

So I was wrong about Udyr, he is really strong; Was a case of who I was v.s. just not being too good probably. Bear is definitely a good enough gap closer and CC. There's normally someone else going bot though so I've been going top, but the one time I was bot I tried to do what you suggested and failed miserably.

I went v.s. a Ziggs and I imagine that's what the problem was: His damage is AOE, so he could hurt both me and my minions. On top of which, dodging his skill shots was hard when on top of minions because of collision damage, and even if I dodge it myself I'd still take damage from it hitting my minions. First round he pushed easily. From then on though I would just rush right at him, making it easy to dodge the skill shots with no collision and killing him once I get near him. So definitely a match up thing (And since Ziggs has been released, he's bot almost every game in my elo [~1650]. Should change once he's off free week).

The Dude II

02-15-2012

Thoughts on Renekton bot? I played him a few times top and had some mixed results.

ForgedLife

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude II View Post
Thoughts on Renekton bot? I played him a few times top and had some mixed results.
In theory he can be strong. I have thought about it. One of the things that make him weak is his lack of a damage absorbing shield, which is very necessary for melee bot laners.

However, I would say in a few weeks, when tanky dps bot begin sinking in, Renekton bot may be very viable. He does have a lack of pushing capability though, with only 1 AoE.

Right now, I'd say he is pretty strong against champions like Maokai and Jarvan

DivineBovine

02-15-2012

Udyr bot is vury annoying o3o

v4v3nd3774

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude II View Post
I actually used to play him quite a bit, exclusively at top. Two major things really made me stop playing him.

One, I felt like I was extremely strong when I had furry but kind of mediocre when I didn't. Basically, when you have R you have a rediculous amount of fury constantly being gained and can put out some pretty sick damage and sustain quite well. However due to there not being many creeps to constantly gain fury off of(as you would when laning him in SR) when top he really tends to feel like he flops back and forth between that being kind of meh and then very powerful whereas other bruisers are just quite powerful constantly(Irelia, Jax, Jarvan, etc.). Two, since you lean toward building him quite tanky post brutalizer(fratmas for instance) I couldn't help but feeling my sustain was rather mediocre. Sure you can out muscle a champ or two perhaps but I constantly felt like after all-in'ing someone I would be on a sliver to 1/4 life and just be forced to back. Plenty of champions can do quite well defending a point or something on 1/4 life if they grab a health pack but Renekton really relies on getting in there and trading blows.

All that said, I haven't tried him bot but I'm sure he could do quite well, just like Jarvan does. He has some escapability, solid pushing power post 5(double E across ranged minions, Q, W melee minion) and is still an amazing early game duelist. I'm sure he would have a couple matchups that might be difficult for him though.

v4v3nd3774

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nny00000 View Post
So I was wrong about Udyr, he is really strong; Was a case of who I was v.s. just not being too good probably. Bear is definitely a good enough gap closer and CC. There's normally someone else going bot though so I've been going top, but the one time I was bot I tried to do what you suggested and failed miserably.

I went v.s. a Ziggs and I imagine that's what the problem was: His damage is AOE, so he could hurt both me and my minions. On top of which, dodging his skill shots was hard when on top of minions because of collision damage, and even if I dodge it myself I'd still take damage from it hitting my minions. First round he pushed easily. From then on though I would just rush right at him, making it easy to dodge the skill shots with no collision and killing him once I get near him. So definitely a match up thing (And since Ziggs has been released, he's bot almost every game in my elo [~1650]. Should change once he's off free week).
I've played Udyr vs Ziggs and really had little issue. Not sure who is suposed to win this, as I've only been using Udyr for a few days now, but I ran a flat mr page with hp/lvl seals, started boots two null magic mantles(mercs+wits later) hppots and 2turtle 1pheonix. I just preturtled then pheonixed the wave twice, taking both hp relics and then sat on his minion spawn point taking his hp relics. Doing this the minions will just walk straight into his turret and either he will oom shortly or they will bring someone down and you've done your job. You can also pre-turtle and try manually neutralizing his turret as you're waves coming to force him to waste mana/skills on you so that more of your minions get through, ticking down his turret's life.