A Constantly Changing Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

02-14-2012

You forgot to mention that Jax and Poppy are pretty broken especially when on the same team lol.

Basoosh

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedLife View Post
@TheFeedSki and BusinessEvo: That was a point that I forgot to mention. The thing is, not even Ryze is tanky enough to handle the ganks of high elo players. You need someone who is innately tanky.

Keep in mind that this does not make Ryze unviable or anything. I'm just saying that from observations, people are picking champions who can simply tank through ganks rather than ones that can't

Once again, this is based on observations
The tankiness of course always helps, but what I think really helps those characters survive ganks is their escapes. Udyr can bear stance his way to safety. Jarvan can flag toss out of certain death. That's huge. When I compare those guys to Ryze, that's the big difference I see, not tankiness. Ryze will often end up as tanky as those two, he just doesn't have that kind of mobility.

Jjaja

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedLife View Post
- Udyr Bot very viable; Strong pushing, 1v1, hard to kill
I expect royalties.

Also, Mundo.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

How exactly does Udyr work bot (Since someone said you need specific runes)?

I've been wanting to buy Udyr because he does look fun to play, but my experience v.s. him is that he's not very strong and I dislike that he doesn't have a true gap closer, poor CC power, and no poke.

However, I've also never seen him bot. I was thinking he could go there but feared he'd just get out-harassed. Do you focus early on leveling shield (to withstand harass) and Phoenix (for pushing)? Or Tiger for 1v1?

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

02-14-2012

udyr es #1, shield op, always live, never die

Jjaja

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nny00000 View Post
How exactly does Udyr work bot (Since someone said you need specific runes)?

I've been wanting to buy Udyr because he does look fun to play, but my experience v.s. him is that he's not very strong and I dislike that he doesn't have a true gap closer, poor CC power, and no poke.

However, I've also never seen him bot. I was thinking he could go there but feared he'd just get out-harassed. Do you focus early on leveling shield (to withstand harass) and Phoenix (for pushing)? Or Tiger for 1v1?
Runes: MPen(red), HP5/lvl(yellow), MR or CDR or more MPen(blue), Flat HP5(quints)

Start: Double Dorans / Boots / 2xHP pot OR Dorans 2xNull-Magic Mantle and 2xHP pot depending if you're facing AD or AP.

Core: Double Doran's, Wit's End, Sunfire Cape, Mercs or Tabi

Start with 2 in turtle and 1 in phoenix. Alternate between stances and push the lane. DON'T ATTACK THE OTHER CHAMPION unless you need to, you can last a long time and if he ignores the minions while hitting you - free tower!

At 7 you should have 3 in turtle, 1 in bear, 3 in phoenix. Do what you please from here.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Thanks

Amazon Warrior

02-14-2012

You are welcome. Team Crystal Stars love contributing in shaping the new meta.

v4v3nd3774

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaja View Post
Runes: MPen(red), HP5/lvl(yellow), MR or CDR or more MPen(blue), Flat HP5(quints)

Start: Double Dorans / Boots / 2xHP pot OR Dorans 2xNull-Magic Mantle and 2xHP pot depending if you're facing AD or AP.

Core: Double Doran's, Wit's End, Sunfire Cape, Mercs or Tabi

Start with 2 in turtle and 1 in phoenix. Alternate between stances and push the lane. DON'T ATTACK THE OTHER CHAMPION unless you need to, you can last a long time and if he ignores the minions while hitting you - free tower!

At 7 you should have 3 in turtle, 1 in bear, 3 in phoenix. Do what you please from here.
As someone that doesn't have HP/5 runes I have been consider this build and thoughtprocess for a few days now on Udyr. If you don't mind, tell me your thoughts?

The goal of Udyr is obviously to push as quickly as possible with Phoenix and take both the mid-botlane HP relic and opposing lower-botlane HP relic while spamming W and shoving to neutralize their tower. My question is how much does the HP/5 early game help you to this end, or are those runes geared towards staying in lane/around the map later game? Everytime I've seen you or Mollica play it you're b'ing shortly after the first push into their turret even if you're able to secure both HP relics, due to low life/mana and needing to shop. I've done some math on running armor runes instead and actually see better results over one minute at lvl4.

Jjaja

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
As someone that doesn't have HP/5 runes I have been consider this build and thoughtprocess for a few days now on Udyr. If you don't mind, tell me your thoughts?

The goal of Udyr is obviously to push as quickly as possible with Phoenix and take both the mid-botlane HP relic and opposing lower-botlane HP relic while spamming W and shoving to neutralize their tower. My question is how much does the HP/5 early game help you to this end, or are those runes geared towards staying in lane/around the map later game? Everytime I've seen you or Mollica play it you're b'ing shortly after the first push into their turret even if you're able to secure both HP relics, due to low life/mana and needing to shop. I've done some math on running armor runes instead and actually see better results over one minute at lvl4.
HP5 is the default choice because it is effective against both AD and AP bottoms. If you absolutely KNOW who and what you're going to face bottom, you're right, it is better to stack magic resistance or armor.