Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Constantly Changing Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForgedLife

02-13-2012

Believe it or not, Dominion is constantly changing! Champions that originally were amazing are no longer considered so. At the same time, champions who were dodge-worthy are now very very viable. Here are a few examples:

- Shaco no longer insta-banned/first picked
- Warwick and Wukong extremely viable/annoying

Anyways, the point of this thread is to give some insight onto what I have been seeing become very popular in high elo. Remember, these could simply be FotM and only last for a week or two, or be the very next meta. Either way, you can make your own judgment calls (some of these may be a little late, but they are observations over the past 2 weeks).

- Udyr Bot very viable; Strong pushing, 1v1, hard to kill
- Wukong is picked/banned almost always
- Supports, such as Janna, Sona, and Karma, are making much bigger impacts on games
- 2 Bruisers (1 Tanky DPS, 1 Disruptor) 1 Support (could be another disruptor, staller, or an actual support) 1 high damage champion with strong kite/mobility (Vayne, Ahri, etc) 1 champ that will bot lane primarily, but not neccessarily entirely
- 2 champs that can bot lane are picked on a team.

I'll update as I see more. Anyways, in the following are a few theorycrafts that me and my team have come up with, but may not neccessarily be the next meta. They are simply possibilities

- Squishy bots (Ryze, Cass) being beaten by tanky ones (Udyr, Jarvan)
- 2 bot meta returns (for like a few weeks).

So yeah
. I'll update this as I see more. Thanks for reading

Aetherion1234567

02-13-2012

It's awesome to see people trying to hype Dominion and show others that it truly is just as competitive as SR. Keep up the good work! You've started off with some pretty accurate information regarding the high elo meta.

DoctorEvolution

02-13-2012

Quote:
ForgedLife:
- Squishy bots (Ryze, Cass)

Isn't Ryze one of the least squishy bots?

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

02-13-2012

I wouldn't consider Ryze a squishy bot, but I think Udyr is only viable bot lane with the correct runes.

ForgedLife

02-13-2012

@TheFeedSki and BusinessEvo: That was a point that I forgot to mention. The thing is, not even Ryze is tanky enough to handle the ganks of high elo players. You need someone who is innately tanky.

Keep in mind that this does not make Ryze unviable or anything. I'm just saying that from observations, people are picking champions who can simply tank through ganks rather than ones that can't

Once again, this is based on observations

Yaladilae

02-14-2012

One of the reason you see champs that's was not used to be picked as much is because of the changing counters people are finding, esp. against new champs. Warwick is a classic that you mentioned

Also, nice post and sums up a lot of things.

I don't entirely agree with the team comp, usually for me I love to see 1 AP, 1 AD, 1 Bruiser / tank, 1 strong bot lane, 1 whatever and most games go great. Which proofs that team comp is important but not totally dependant.

Hobocop

02-14-2012

Interesting how you describe the possible upcoming bot lane meta, since it seems to be much like solo top on SR, where tanky champs or those with escapes are most common because of how easy it is to gank top lane. The constant nerfs to Revolver/WoTA are probably also a contributing factor.

Stimuz

02-14-2012

Shaco was really only strong before the 4 jungle thing started. Now it's all about bruisers(not much changed) anti-bruisers(warwick) bruiser-assassins(wukong/panth lolol) and champs with high impact ults. Oh, bruisers are taking over bot too.

ProSauce VT

02-14-2012

Quote:
ForgedLife:
Believe it or not, Dominion is constantly changing! Champions that originally were amazing are no longer considered so. At the same time, champions who were dodge-worthy are now very very viable. Here are a few examples:

- Shaco no longer insta-banned/first picked
- Warwick and Wukong extremely viable/annoying

Anyways, the point of this thread is to give some insight onto what I have been seeing become very popular in high elo. Remember, these could simply be FotM and only last for a week or two, or be the very next meta. Either way, you can make your own judgment calls (some of these may be a little late, but they are observations over the past 2 weeks).

- Udyr Bot very viable; Strong pushing, 1v1, hard to kill
- Wukong is picked/banned almost always
- Supports, such as Janna, Sona, and Karma, are making much bigger impacts on games
- 2 Bruisers (1 Tanky DPS, 1 Disruptor) 1 Support (could be another disruptor, staller, or an actual support) 1 high damage champion with strong kite/mobility (Vayne, Ahri, etc) 1 champ that will bot lane primarily, but not neccessarily entirely
- 2 champs that can bot lane are picked on a team.

I'll update as I see more. Anyways, in the following are a few theorycrafts that me and my team have come up with, but may not neccessarily be the next meta. They are simply possibilities

- Squishy bots (Ryze, Cass) being beaten by tanky ones (Udyr, Jarvan)
- 2 bot meta returns (for like a few weeks).

So yeah
. I'll update this as I see more. Thanks for reading

Someday ForgedLife, someday you will respect the Trundle bot!

Also you could sum up your post in 4 words: Flavor of the Week.

Viktoree

02-14-2012

I find it pretty funny that the 2 bot thing is coming to the forefront, especially since it was being touched on here http://www.dominatedominion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=11 waaaaaay back in the middle of October.