TF Guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotKainan

07-24-2010

I looked through all of the Twisted Fate guides and a lot of them seem to be outdated. The rest say Sword of the Divine and stacking attack speed is the best route. I've heard a number of pro players claim that is a lame way to play him, but didn't have an alternate solution for me. Is that really the best way to play, if not, what is these days?

peyo

07-25-2010

Stacking AS is not good. It has been mathematically prooven, it's even at leaguecraft.

AD TF is the way to go. Yomuu's Ghostblade, Infinity Edge, Madred's Bloodrazor, Bloodthirster, Frozen Mallet - these are the items you want.

Just don't buy Zerker's... Either Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi or Swiftness...

argonpl

07-25-2010

What about runes and masteries ?

peyo

07-25-2010

Marks - Armor Pen
Seals - Dodge
Glyphs - CDR or MR/lvl
Quints - HP

Cleanse & Ghost

21/9/0, 21/8/1, 21/0/9 or 0/21/9 (just do NOT get Perseverance in Utility, it's lamest mastery ever)

Onslaught87

07-25-2010

Or you could stack AS and AD. I'll never get the "pro" hating on AS. I got into it with a guy who apparently mains twitch last night. His score was very meh for twitch. He kept calling me noob, until he saw my 14/2 end score as Kass (shoulda been a flawless...fkin pirate 1300+ one-shot mcgee knew what he was doing) at the time of winning and he asked for advice. I showed him my build with a screen of twitch where I focus on both AS and AD. The single best investment for any dps imo is the last whisper, and he didn't have it. My screen was 28/5 with twitch and I get very similar scores with other dps by focusing AS first, then AD.

Plus how is AD outright better than AS on dodgers? SOTD is fine to the OP. Don't let anyone call you noob for what you use unless you are sucking with it. Then it's time to listen. I offered this advice in another thread. I use this build for TF/Yi and most other dps with slight alterations. It issues a lot of rape:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught87 View Post
Lichbane? Negative,sir. Nashor's only if you wanna be an assister.

I use the same builds roughly for yi and tf. This is what I go by mainly.

Yi/TF

Razor>Bloodrazor
Merc or Ninja Tabi if needed, Greaves if you're already raping hard.
Scepter
Brutalizer>ghostblade
Last whisper
Phage
SOTD
Bloodthirster or Infinity
Phantom Dancer

I finish ghostblade after phage, or I don't get a phage and do it (still experimenting with the phage ****).

SOTD if there's jax/shen or other dodgers.

Finish Bloodrazor if there's tanks.

Finally, It's a choice between infinity, bloodthirster, or phantom. IE and phantom have good synergy, so try for a IE and at least zeal if the game lasts. Really...they're all rape. I've tried to see which I like better between bloodthirster or infinity but they both have their advantages and besides if you've built up to this far it's pretty much gg anyway.

For WW, bloodthirster all the way though.

NotKainan

07-25-2010

Thanks for the advice, I hardly play TF much to be honest but I'm in the mood to conquer a new champion and I'd like him to be it. I'm going to toy around with all the advice given here and see how things work out tomorrow. Thanks again.

Onslaught87

07-25-2010

You'll hate him the first game. Depending on how uber you are, you should pick him up the second game like I did. And you'll love him.

peyo

07-25-2010

Quote:
Plus how is AD outright better than AS on dodgers? SOTD is fine to the OP. Don't let anyone call you noob for what you use unless you are sucking with it. Then it's time to listen. I offered this advice in another thread. I use this build for TF/Yi and most other dps with slight alterations. It issues a lot of rape:
nobody said that SotD is bad. It's a SITUATIONAL item and I also take it whenever the other team is full of dodge (even with undodgeable PaC).

The thing is that FULLY made AS TF is lame. These builds focus on his E, so u get these 100damage as most as possible. That's wrong, if you took some AD, you'd deal much more damage.

1 AS item is enough. 2 are situational. Madred's Bloodrazor, Stark's Fervor and Last Whisper are all great (LW has been greatly nerfed, but is still ok) and are all IMO better than Sword of the Divine, unless the other team is dodge heavy...

surge68

07-25-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=180744
Check out my way of playing him, i believe the dps way isnt the best as there are far better dps range champs out there and pure ap isnt the best either as there are also far better nukers out there. I tend to play him as a hybrid support as i am good at setting up ganks with ult helping teams push and great for semi nuke dps, seems to be the way to play him(well my style)

Ardor Calamity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Or you could stack AS and AD. I'll never get the "pro" hating on AS. I got into it with a guy who apparently mains twitch last night. His score was very meh for twitch. He kept calling me noob, until he saw my 14/2 end score as Kass (shoulda been a flawless...fkin pirate 1300+ one-shot mcgee knew what he was doing) at the time of winning and he asked for advice. I showed him my build with a screen of twitch where I focus on both AS and AD. The single best investment for any dps imo is the last whisper, and he didn't have it. My screen was 28/5 with twitch and I get very similar scores with other dps by focusing AS first, then AD.

I agree with everything in your build except for ghostblade. The active on it seems only useful to melee champions, since they can increase the duration. I don't see how TF could make as much use of this as a melee champion like Yi could.

Because, as far as I understand, the duration of the active on ghostblade increases if you are a melee champion using it. To me, those 4 extra seconds (or however long) can make or break the usefulness of the item.

What do you thik about this?