I spent 6300 on Anivia and i'm really bad with her, any tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawsless

07-24-2010

Currently i'm using this build featured in mobafire:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...via-guide-7466

I main Annie for the most part, but Anivia caught my eye as well since she is also a caster. With that said, the guide i use or requires mejais and i can't seem to score as much kills / I die too easily with Anivia due to her lack of sufficient mana mostly.

I'm not sure how to play her correctly i'd say, and i rarely get to use my ult correctly. So if possible can someone help teach me the proper mindset of playing her and how to score some kills.

Restofarian

07-24-2010

you probably are reading some glass cannon guide, anivia needs beef IMO, try rod of ages mpen boots archangel's staff crystal scepter and see how it goes. She's the perfect target for a team fight, so you want to have plenty of beef to counter that.
Your ult should be used to slow everything down and do lots of damage, wall should be used to separate their team (very tricky to use correctly).

Big Rubber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

well anivia is the (one of the) most diffcult champion to use, and annie is a caster for starters, so theres a huge change in difficulty from annie to anivia.

early game: grab mid and be as aggressive as you can because of the game.
mid game: gank with the team. you have 2 CC (Q + R) and the wall.
late game: basically dps

Q: a trick with Q is that you can press it again to let it explode faster. so when you throw it, let it go pass the champion then explode it when it's behind the champion. it'll do double damage! (damage for passing thro, and damage on explosion)
W: basic wall. use it right behind you and somewhat touching you will give you a boost to go forward. it'll help you escape
E: your NUKE. you can use R -> E or Q -> E. but never do Q and R together then E. E has a fast cooldown so it's important to use R->E then Q->E. (never use E without ice them first)
R: use it to farm and slow. remember to turn it off in team fights

During fight:
1. start with the ult under them, then pop E. they'll drop about to 2/3 then turn ult off. then you should wait till theres around 1 - 1.5 sec cooldown left on E
2. then throw your Q. (you should be moving towards them while doing this) stun them with Q then pop E as soon E cools down! this will kill them (if they're squishie) or at least 1/3.
3. now you repeat from step 1
wall to prevent escape or keep a gap between you and the enemy if they're melee and can't leap

heres a champion spot for anivia and you should learn lots from this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Syose1O568

abullenfla

07-25-2010

I would try this guide if I were you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk

1PaperTiger

07-25-2010

when you use q and land it (with practice) as soon as you start up Q run towards them, stun, E, W, R, ignite, Q, rape

IS156133c1cc400f6a20029

07-25-2010

up E first
sapphire crystal -> RoA
Rylai's for moar fun slow
zhonya's
mejai after crystal if ur doing well
sorcerer shoes
press Q then E
or R then Q then E
or W then R then Q then E
or R then E
u op GG

Blugyblug

07-25-2010

Get survivability
Ruby Crystal (Meki pendant if you have health quints)
Chalice
Boots1
RoA
Boots2
Rylais
Random stuff
I get Rylais not for the slow but for the HP and AP. Yes, RoA does this too, but at that point in the game the RoA will only charge up for a few minutes.

Game play

Early game
Harass with Q, come closer to the creeps (like 1/2 your attack range) to last hit so its easier to land.
Mid game
Instead of opening with Q (you shouldnt initiate anyway unless its a small gank-2v2) open with R, then Frostbite them while they are chilled. It will be easy to land Q when they are slowed from R.
Early-mid game R has pitiful damage when compared with the mana cost, so turn it off instantly after you have landed Frostbite unless you have golem buff.
Late Game
Stay with team. Dont use wall unless its absolutely guaranteed or youll harm your own team.
Use the wall when youve gotten some practice, its probably one of the hardest-to-use-properly skills in the game.
In a team fight, use the wall to separate the team into 2s and 3s. The other half of the enemy can't help and itll be a 5vs3 fight for seven seconds (more than enough time).\
I prefer not to use wall to chase. They always have flash or some jump skill that can go through. Instead you slow them with R (R has a very long range. The large AoE extends range:They wont be in the middle but theyll get slowed)

Skill use
1. R
2. E.
3. Q
4. W
This is because wall becomes useful in teamfights ie late game. Frostbite should be maxed by level 9.
1 point in wall at lvl 4 or lvl 8.
Level 1-Flash frost
Then max E, getting R when you can and W at 4 or 8.
Always detonate Q after it has gone slightly past the target. Q damages from the passover AND the explosion. So if the projectile passes over them (1 hit), then explodes behind them (2nd hit) they get hit twice and doubles damage. This will come with practice. Just try practicing landing it in the jungle every now and then.

When you start becoming pro with Anivia you can speed up your burst damage by a lot. It sounds hard but it becomes muscle memory after a while.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restofarian View Post
you probably are reading some glass cannon guide, anivia needs beef IMO, try rod of ages mpen boots archangel's staff crystal scepter and see how it goes. She's the perfect target for a team fight, so you want to have plenty of beef to counter that.
Your ult should be used to slow everything down and do lots of damage, wall should be used to sepCarate their team (very tricky to use correctly).
Crystal sceptre isnt taht good on anivia. Only 1 spell actually is affected by that.

FunkyBacon

07-25-2010

I used to start with a mana crystal and 2 health pots, built into a Rod of Ages and soulstealer but lately I have started with Doran's Ring then built for archangel staff, it helps more with mana regen and you can spam your spells a bit more to kill more creeps and still have some left for champs. then I either go with Soulstealer or that HP, AP + Slow staff, depending on if I think I can get many kills or not.

another thing I have tried is stacking up Hextech Revolvers (40ap + 10% spell vamp). with 3 or 4 of them (if you sell your dorans or start with RoA) it can can keep you alive a little bit longer, and if you get egged and manage to revive, a quick R-E-Q combo could give a chunk of HP back. build one of them into that brown book, for an extra 30AP and 5% vamp and you have 45% spell vamp plus your allies get some AP and SV too. may only give about 200AP but nuking a team or a group of creeps could heal you quite a bit.

ofc, if you feel you don't get targeted a lot, go with more AP items and simply kill them faster.

for skills, depending on what enemies I face, I always start with Q, then build E if the enemy is good a dodging or is melee (flash users especially) as the Q will be hard to land, or I go with more Q if the enemy stays at range but no more than 3 until I have E at 4.
go 1 point in wall at lvl 4 if you side lane or 1 point at lvl 7 if you mid. I usually don't add more to wall until I have at least 2-4 in Q and E tho.

AND DO NOT FORGET TO TURN OFF YOUR "R"! it will drain your mana if you leave it on.

try red Magic pen runes, yellow Mana Regen/lvl runes, blue AP runes and AP quint.

well, that's my 2 cents. i'm still learning Anivia too.

Concentration

07-25-2010

More walls in front of olaf for a pro anivia