What to do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terjulmar

02-13-2012

Me and my two friends are fairly new to TT, but we're loving it. I have a bit of a problem that I'm needing a little advice for.

As individuals, we are all decent players, (I wouldn't go so far as to say great, or even good, but decent). We can rock solo queue on TT each fine... we can even duo queue and win as much as we lose. When we go in as threes, we get stomped due to getting outplayed.

When I try to suggest new ways to do things, I get shut down pretty hard. They always want to play with 2 bot and 1 top. They always want to send the ap squishy top and wind up against the enemy team's tanky burst (ie olaf or wukong).

I've suggested duo top 1 bot, but they won't go for it. I suggest sending a tanky person top to go against the enemy tanky type, but they figure the ap needs the levels more even though they die. They don't even want me to try jungling, because it will cripple bot lane going against 2.

I've even suggested a change up from our constant ad/ap/tank setup to see if something different will work. But they like to stick with what's comfortable.

What should i do? I still enjoy playing with the guys, but I want a switch up, and can't clear it with them.

actually, even when I solo queue and suggest 2top 1bot I get told to stfu.

btw, this is non ranked (we're still getting to 30)

tl;dr. IRL friends refuse to try something new. always ap top, ad and tank bottom.

Sam

02-13-2012

Somebody take jungle
Ad bruiser top
Ap bot
Ward middle and top.

Terjulmar

02-13-2012

I'd love to do that, but how do i suggest it to them?

also, any tips for jungling? since that's prolly gonna be my role

Nevermorezorz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Find some sort of god that makes wraiths not spawn in mid jungle and golems top jungle when you start your route. lol..
Just tell them that all the high ranked players do that and time after time it's the best way to play Twisted Treeline.

Ghonosyph

02-13-2012

find other people to play with imo. TT is pretty easy, ALWAYS watch your mini map(if ANYONE is mia DONT over extend or be anywhere you could die), build to counter if you get behind, if their top goes mia and your bottom isnt farming at your tower get down there asap and help them noob, ward lots EVERYONE ON THE TEAM not just you, jungle + ad top bruiser + ap that can farm 1 v 2 safely and lots of cc.

team makeups can often really screw with you. sivir + ezreal bot + karthus top i've seen just destroy. Poppy garen renekton and build/rune for lots of move speed + hp early = you're not gonna live thru the dmg they do. just a couple op team comps if you learn them work well.

Sion free farming in the jungle as ad if he's allowed to farm til late game can NOT be stopped, not even with ignite. IMO your friends, if they are IRL, need to get kicked in their balls for not trying new ****. Its not hard to figure out new strats, especially if you take into account the flow chart rule i've given above. Always play safe, if you're irl friends are with you, skype /ventrillo makes a huge difference.

Play a ton of games and get beat... find out what works and what doesnt.

if all else fails get new friends :P

twinksthebard

02-13-2012

my advice? always have a teemo. blinding dart will shut down at least 1 of their team members right away.