Thoughts on Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thatguyzeke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

To be honest, playing Ezreal makes you a better player in general.
You need great map awareness for his Ult,
he is a champ that requires amazing positioning skills,
plus playing him makes you understand skillshots more, so you can use them and dodge them easier.

Also, He is a good AD carry, and thats the easiest way to play him.
If your good at farming then you might want to play him as an AP carry. He is a bit like an assassin, where you need to burst them down or make them run. (Always go lichbane if your AP)
And hybrid is great too, but only if your experienced with him already. Rageblade is a great item on him, and he gets good use out of Gunblade too.

HuskarDc

02-14-2012

I've been trying him a lot lately and really having odd success building wriggle's on him. I don't know why it's so good, but I seem to be doing really well with it. Many guides I have read advocate the use of Wriggle's and then many of the comments complain that it's useless on him. I personally find it quite good though I don't fully understand why. I'm also not playing at very high ELO.

Noobs are uss

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgift View Post
try him as an ap carry with a bit of cdr i think its way better than ad
he sucks as Ap, can't do anything when spells down

Noobs are uss

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaineCinco View Post
I just bought him, and to tell you the truth, it wasn't my best purchase. First off, he is incredibly squishy throughout the whole game, and chances are that if you go into a team fight, he is the first or second one focused down. I feel as if his damage scaling isn't that good and even when you buy your beefy atk damage items, it still doesn't do much since the other team, at one point, starts building defensively. I mean, he seemed fun to play at first, but once I stared pvping with him, it kind of all went downhill from there.

My advice if you want a skill shot and range champion is maybe Xerath? I have him and he's really fun and can at least put out damage. But that's my advice! Hope it helps you to some extent.
of course ad is always focused, and his dmg output is fine, his skill shots do plenty of dmg and his e is a great Chase/escape mechanism

m7o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

hes my favourite champ, not a BIG dmg , but he has nice spells, Q lower cds and applies on hit effect. W boost of atspd for allies. E your escape method. R aoe global ult with really good dmg.

xPunker

Recruiter

02-15-2012

good

Duwilo

02-15-2012

I find that the reason people dislike Ezreal is because they are playing him wrong. I used to play Ezreal like a scared squishy baby, but then i read a guide that turned idea completely upside down. Since then i have been getting lvl 2 first blood every game i play with him. ( mid of course.)

Ezreal is the poster risk reward character i think. If you put yourself out there and show your opponent that you don't give a **** if you are squishy ((runes help this of course), you will obliterate.

He's a solid buy, he was the first 6300 champ i bought but he probably took the longest for me to realize the potential he actually held. If you have the IP i would say go for it and get him. Be ready to fall on your face a few times at the start but it will pay off into a wrecking ball of pure roflstomp in the end.

(edit: these are just my thoughts. I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything like that.)

gayerlord

02-15-2012

As far as fun, Ez is really tons of fun. Like the above poster, you have to have guts, and practice. Double blinks! You can do some really crazy stuff...like when your team is pushing into their base, you can shift over wall, Q, auto hit and kill someone, then flash back over. Same as tower diving. Once you get good, position, awareness and creativity....love the EZ.

X Yoshimitsu

02-15-2012

Ezreal is a good champion.... Ahri and him are in the same boat though. You either pwn or fail with them, there is virtually no inbetween.

Now... If you want to use a skillshot champions I suggest you practice using smart cast A LOT.

I know if you don't use it , it is hard at first, but I got used to it in about 3 games. (do normals else you'll fail ranked). I didn't use smart cast until a week ago, now I can't go back its just weird lol.

HuskarDc

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Yoshimitsu View Post
Ezreal is a good champion.... Ahri and him are in the same boat though. You either pwn or fail with them, there is virtually no inbetween.

Now... If you want to use a skillshot champions I suggest you practice using smart cast A LOT.

I know if you don't use it , it is hard at first, but I got used to it in about 3 games. (do normals else you'll fail ranked). I didn't use smart cast until a week ago, now I can't go back its just weird lol.
Yeah I think I need to switch to all smart cast. I mix it up with the shift key right now. I sometimes get lost in frantic team fights, like lose where my character is and where my cursor is. I find I lose myself less when I'm using smart cast because I'm more aware of my cursor. Plus the reflex speed increase is good too.