Akali or Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

If you had to buy 1 of them, also would appreciate some reasoning

EDIT: Thanks for the opinion, hoping for more to come

I should clarify, its not really for a main, but someone i can have fun with occasionally (say when i am bored with bot lane or bruiser / tank top)

Kedali

02-13-2012

Probably Akali, although neither is a very strong pick in Dominion. Kat is pretty weak outside of her ult, and it is trivially easy to stop, at which point she's sitting in the middle of the enemy team with no survivability at all and gets instantly melted.

Akali can be countered just as easily with vision granting items, but from what I've seen, virtually no one actually builds those items, even in games with multiple champs that make use of stealth.

Because of this, Akali can be a terror in most games, but when you do come across someone who gets a Lightbringer or Sweeper, you're going to cry. I build Lightbringer as a core item in my Kayle build, and I know I've made a couple Akalis very sad as I continued to destroy them as they sat in their shroud.

DoctorEvolution

02-13-2012

The oracles in Dom only costs 250. Akali does very well when the enemy team doesn't buy it, and quite poorly when they do. Kat can do alright if she is the only squishy on the team. Against some bot champs she can be a decent counter pick too. Most kat's like to go top and get squished though :/. Also if you know the enemy team doesn't have a lot of hard cc, then kat can be a decent pick too.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-13-2012

Katarina, Akali is imo too weak. Katarina, Is great in certain situations and meh in others.. Basically in terms of power i think there is no comparison Katarina triumphs akali. The problem is that katarina can be terrible against certain comps, even worse than akali.

So if you want to have an ocasional pick in draft, katarina no questions asked. But if you want a main to play everygame Akali may be less frustrating.

Also it depends if you solo or not. akali can manage situations better solo, while katarina is mostly a teamfighter. without friends, unless you are in the highest elo. Be prepared to a lot of 1v1 situations where akali is clearly superior

DoctorEvolution

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
So if you want to have an ocasional pick in draft, katarina no questions asked. But if you want a main to play everygame Akali may be less frustrating.
Yeah I couldn't really recommend either for a main. Both are kind of situation. At higher elo Akali will get squashed, but until 1600, people will probably forget to buy oracles.

lbgsloan

02-13-2012

Akali at least puts out strong burst even if she can't abuse her stealth bubble. Kat does pretty much nothing if her ult keeps getting stopped. Akali's really weak at low levels though. She needs her ult and one major item before she becomes useful, making the first windmill fight problematic.

Yaladilae

02-13-2012

Thanks guys, edited a bit

hoping for more response =D

EinzigerAI

02-13-2012

Personally for me, Akali. I've taken her from 1200 to hovering around 1700.

Wand/Boots/4pots to start. Wait out for 1600, get your rod, then mob boots and then Rabs. Build a revolver and from then on you pretty much build to suit.