"Your only 1700 in Dominion, you suck"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoSalty

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
i see stupid picks like wukong, panth or janna bot.
Whaaaaaaaat?

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

There are trolls and bad players at all elo levels. I've gone from 1795 a couple of days ago to under 1700. This is a team game and one really bad teammate is all you need to lose.. trust me. And 1700 is above average, so don't listen to them.

jokull

02-13-2012

i wish i knew how elo worked for dominion, cuz even though im only +4 win/loss i seem to only play with people that are about +40 or 50 or so. it confuzzles me

Nekrogen

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post
i wish i knew how elo worked for dominion, cuz even though im only +4 win/loss i seem to only play with people that are about +40 or 50 or so. it confuzzles me
Some wins count more than others.
Some losses count less than others.

i.e. if you solo queue into a premade, chances are you probably won't win. However, if you do, you will undoubtedly gain way more elo than normal, and if you lose you won't lose that much.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

You do get 2k players in the 1650 range fairly regularly. This also means you get people with more losses than wins on the same team to counter the 2k... so you also get people in the 1400s.

McDerp

02-13-2012

*you're

larkhill

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
Whaaaaaaaat?
wukong and panth are amazing champions in dominion... for top lane. for bot, they're both terrible. especially against an ahri (i first picked her in both those games so they had no excuse either)

wukong was by far the worst matchup ive ever seen. i went sweeper first and completely wrecked him. with his stealth a non-factor, he basically had no way of getting near me without taking a chunk of dmg first and by the time he did reach me, id ult around him and kil lhim easily. it was pretty troll

panth was boring. he got kited all game.

janna was a bit tricky but ultimately, she couldnt do any dmg to me. tornado's may be good at clearing minions but they arent exactly hard to dodge...

ForgedLife

02-13-2012

First off, 1700 doesn't suck. And another thing to keep in mind: ELO is not an accurate display of your level as a player. Of course being at a certain elo will display some information on how good you are, but is not always the deciding factor (i.e. I am only 1600 elo, but I get premades with high level players all the time)

DoctorEvolution

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaire View Post
You do get 2k players in the 1650 range fairly regularly. This also means you get people with more losses than wins on the same team to counter the 2k... so you also get people in the 1400s.
I've been keeping an eye on the ranges a bit. Unlike SR where the usual range is 100-200 elo on team, on Dominion its around 100-300. Meaning at 1700 elo, if you win too many times in a row, your team could have a few 1400s whilst their team could have a 2000 or two (I haven't been against more than one yet, i'm probably not winning enough).

Essentially the difference between certain players between teams could be 600 elo, rather than the usual 200 difference in SR. Though this could also just happen when theres not enough players on?

On the plus side, I'll probably have to get to 2100 elo before a wild Sauron appears.

Ahlen

02-13-2012

Top 10% is apparently suck.

This community.