Question about people above 1600 ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azurlite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

I'm a decent 1400 ELO player that enjoys the game even when we win or lose. But, in a total of 10 normal games I've come across people with 1600 ELO or higher 9/10 of them bragged about their gold rank and how everyone on my team was trash and that they threw the game.

Anyways, I'm just wondering why most of these people in this ELO Range tend to be elitist jerks instead of just enjoying the game and be quiet throughout the whole game.

Yes, I am slightly bothered by this notion IF I am ever to reach 1600 ELO and face people with such vulgar language throughout my ranked games.

iLove3P

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory316 View Post
I'm a decent 1400 ELO player that enjoys the game even when we win or lose. But, in a total of 10 normal games I've come across people with 1600 ELO or higher 9/10 of them bragged about their gold rank and how everyone on my team was trash and that they threw the game.

Anyways, I'm just wondering why most of these people in this ELO Range tend to be elitist jerks instead of just enjoying the game and be quiet throughout the whole game.

Yes, I am slightly bothered by this notion IF I am ever to reach 1600 ELO and face people with such vulgar language throughout my ranked games.
tbh I don't think that's elo problem, I think it's more of the community.

Games like this attracts lots of idiots, trolls, people who think they carried when all they do is feed, and idiots.

Greasy Pillow

02-13-2012

1600 is full of elitist jerks...people who think they deserve plat but honestly should not of gotten to 1600 in the first place...and to be fair if someone is 1600 they are the minority of small players...all games have people like that IT IS THE INTERWEBS

Selcopa

02-13-2012

Its interesting because even above 1600 mistakes are rampant, its not like the games tighten up and nobody makes mistakes after 1600, people are always still screwing up, including myself

Achtbar

02-13-2012

Not even 5% of the population is above 1600's, but people need to ***** at something and obviously they cant blame themselves ofc.

Mistrial

02-18-2012

1600 is full of people who doesn't really care for team comp and wants to play their role first. First come, first serve basically. Whatever role is left is what people usually get. It's not always like that though.

Keanu Ryze

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollCrack View Post
1600 is full of elitist jerks...people who think they deserve plat but honestly should not of gotten to 1600 in the first place...and to be fair if someone is 1600 they are the minority of small players...all games have people like that IT IS THE INTERWEBS
I can confirm. I'm above 1600.

Shinku443

02-18-2012

I'm currently 1700s right now, but I've duoed with 2k people and have played vs Dan Dinh, and other high elo players. I can tell you right, 1600+ isn't any better. Everyone, regardless of ELO is going to be an elitist *****. If it's not their fault it's the jungler's fault, if it's not their fault it's top's lanes fault. The blame circle just continues to entice people.

I once had a solotop wukong go 1/7 in lane and he bragged how he was higher elo than me, he was 1730 with 30 wins. He thouoght he was hot **** because he was carried. You can't really blame individuals, it's the community as a whole. Too many trollers/feeders to care for, and when you do get a good game, that feeling disappears the next time you queue and meet a randomlocked Evelynn.

Just keep playing, ignore what other people say, and carry yourself. Cause all you can rely on is yourself. have fun!