Help My Jungling Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBrewmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

hey guys im looking for advice with jungling Shyvana, so what im doing right now,
3 26 health quints
Marks -attack speed
Seals - i use attack speed and armor over time (trying both currently 2 different builds 1 with 9 attack speed, one with 9 defense)
Glyphs - MR over time

My masteries are 9 offensive 21 defensive

how i typically build is
i start with armor and 5 health pots, i then build
Madreds
Boots (of merc treads or ninja tabi depending if there team is really ad heavy or ap heavy. if the team falls in the meta i go merc treads)
i then build phage
then wits end
- at this point you realize i have no type of sustain, so i grab a vampiric scepter-
from here i try to build my trinity force
now i build blood thirster (if there team is squisher overall) Or i finish my madreds blood razor if they are tankier.
my last item is a banshees veil

ok so the deal is, i do pretty well typically,but i dont think this build is optimal. any pointers would be great.

Chappin

02-12-2012

LEARN A NEW JUNGLE THATS ACUTALLY WORTH HAVING...Shyv is quite literally the worst character in game. Her dmg output is terrible and she has 0 CC for what she does.

BattleBrewmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

well that is untrue and not pro active, i play many jungles, i typically like nocturne, yi, Rammus, lee sin xin zhou, sion, ect. but i like learning every champ.

lockpooh

02-13-2012

I find shyv is an excellent jungler but if your team lacks CC your pretty much stuck with exhaust as your only option. I love shyvanna jungle, but I can't get into her for ganking. If the other team is dominating the lanes, I find it hard to carry as hard with shyvanna over my normal junglers (Rammus, Udyr, Maoki). The speed boosts & CC make it to easy to get off ganks.

I'd be interested to know how you find your gankage? Have to admit, her clear times are insane. I can hit 4 at about 3:40 vs. rammus at 4:05.

**EDIT**

I forgot the timers, had to do a quick custom and refresh my memory.

Masteries: 21/9/0

My path is Witches > Wolves > Blue > Witches > Red > Golems > Witches > Wolves > Golems > Witches > Wolves

Start with cloth and x5 pots & 1 point into burnout
3:40: Hit level 4
4:55: Hit level 5 with about 880g and return for a madreds (this just after last witches)
I typically pick up wards if I need to, if not I gank / jungle and move on to basic boots and wriggles.

From here it really depends on what the team is doing and how the lanes are. But typically it's merc treads / phage. This is what I do when there is an enemy jungle. If they have no jungler it goes completely different since you don't need to go back after wolves. Unlike other junglers, you only go back to buy since you shouldn't be low on HP and you don't need the mana.

RobotDCLXVI

02-13-2012

When I play jungle Shy I use AS marks armor seals and MR per lvl glyphs. This makes me tanky so the lack of cc doesn't hurt too bad when going for ganks. I find that I can tower dive for the kill if need be. I usually start with a vampiric scepter and with smite I can solo red or blue at lvl 1. this gives me flexibility if I suspect that their jungler will start at either red or blue and can take the one they don't. of I can play it safe and gank at lvl 2 or 3.

Hyosun

02-13-2012

I typically see pros pick the usual wriggles, merc treads, frozen mallet and wit's end. Personally I'd get wriggles right away because that ward is going to prove invaluable especially if you want to counter jungle ( which is one of shyvana's greatest strengths ).

SleepyDeath

02-13-2012

I think the guys above have it right. grab a wriggles early before wits end. turn the phage into a frozen mallet for the cc and life. then you can grab your wits end. this gives you armor, mr, a free ward, some cc, and some ad. you can ult over the team battle and then stick to their squishies in the back and take some damage while your ad and ap carries dish out loads of damage.

echoheadxx

02-13-2012

I am not going to say shyvana is a terrible jungler like the guy a few posts above, buylt I only pick her if my team has a bit of CC in lane.

To me her biggest strength is in counter jungling and outright farming. You are able to keep your creepscore on par with or better than many lanes and starve out the enemy jungler.

XYZkill3r

02-13-2012

I like Vampiric Scepter over Cloth Armor and pots. I'm also 21/9 masteries. Not much you can really "improve" in a jungle besides you path. I'm interested in playing around with lockpooh's route.

darkaura23

02-13-2012

I play shyvana quite frequently, and i jjungle her all the time.first fix your masteries to 21 offense and 9 defense. I would take armor penetration marks and damage output. Start with boots of speed and 3 health potions. Get her w first, because that will do the greatest damage output in early game. Go to the smaller creeps fist since shyv doesnt need blue, until you reach lvl 6 dont go for the red. this is important because it will take time for the red to respawn, and by then you should be ganking, and you want the red for damage output and increased health regen. Once you reach lvl 6 use your ulti to push enemies back towards your turret.AND THE LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT!!!!!!! PLACE WARDS EVERYWHERE IT SUCKS WHEN YOU GET GANKED IN YOUR JUNGLE!!!!!