What Lane To Play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eonn

02-12-2012

Hello summoners, I just want to know the difference between the lanes because I've been reading a lot of guides and stuff and it seems that there are differences in lanes. My main is Akali so what lane is she best? And again, what does each lane mean?

Froggiemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

If you're playing against bots, it doesn't really matter. This being said, let's say you're playing ranked matches, usually, the top lane is reserved for an AD carry, the mid would be an AP caster, the bot would be a support and a fighter ( correct me if I'm wrong ) The missing player is usually a jungler which roams in the map, helping with ganks.

As for Akali, you should be playing bot, IF you're doing ranked matches.
If you're doing AI vs. Bots, just go bot or top, akali is well matched with an AD carry IMO.

Have fun!

Blou Mijo

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggiemo View Post
If you're playing against bots, it doesn't really matter. This being said, let's say you're playing ranked matches, usually, the top lane is reserved for an AD carry, the mid would be an AP caster, the bot would be a support and a fighter ( correct me if I'm wrong ) The missing player is usually a jungler which roams in the map, helping with ganks.

If you're doing AI vs. Bots, just go bot or top, akali is well matched with an AD carry IMO.

Have fun!
Actually, you got it slightly wrong.

Top lane: Bruiser/fighter that can hold the lane with a bit of sustain, too. (Olaf, Morde, etc.)
Mid: AP Carry. (Annie, Kassadin, etc.)
Bot: AD Carry, Support/Tank. (Miss Fortune/Vayne, Janna/Alistar, etc.)

I've seen Akali in all lanes, but I think she shines the best in top lane, in my honest opinion. Feel free to tell me otherwise since I don't play her. xD

Froggiemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohken View Post
Actually, you got it slightly wrong.

Top lane: Bruiser/fighter that can hold the lane with a bit of sustain, too. (Olaf, Morde, etc.)
Mid: AP Carry. (Annie, Kassadin, etc.)
Bot: AD Carry, Support/Tank. (Miss Fortune/Vayne, Janna/Alistar, etc.)

I've seen Akali in all lanes, but I think she shines the best in top lane, in my honest opinion. Feel free to tell me otherwise since I don't play her. xD
Thanks for the output! I'm still learning hehe..

Blou Mijo

02-12-2012

Quote:
Thanks for the output! I'm still learning hehe..
Everyone does! I need to stop being lazy and learn an AD carry champion, haha.

Quick Rawr

02-12-2012

If you can get the right runes/masteries, I've seen jungle akali be VERY strong. Going wolves->blue->wraiths and so on... she had decent ganks especially post 6 and high damage output + slow. She can't be zoned out from cs and yeah. Something to look in to.

Hyosun

02-12-2012

There are 4 different "lanes" in league of legends. Solo top, Jungle, Mid, and Bot.

Solo top:
Purpose: To help decimate the enemy team mid-late game with a powerful champion loaded with powerful items.

Position: Because of it's position far away from dragon and the other lanes, it is far better to be able to afk farm without interruption than participate in skirmishes mid game.

How: Since the priority is to farm here for 25 minutes straight, you want champions that can stay in here for the long haul. There are roughly 4 qualities that a champion should have to make this happen.

1) They can regain hp
2) come out on top in battles 1 v 1 against their solo top,
3) survive a gank by the enemy jungler.
4) Become an unstoppable force late game

Mid lane:
Purpose: To gain an early-midgame advantage through ganking and securing dragon.
Position: Being in mid lane you can quickly travel to top or bot and make kills happen.
How:This is a solo lane, so you will be going 1 v 1. Most of the time you will face an ability power ( ap ) caster. There are two reasons for this.

reason 1: An ap caster is more dangerous earlier in the game than an ranged ad carry because their damage grows rapidly with levels of their spells.

reason 2: Mid lane has the best access to help anyone on the map. You can go top, bot, and help secure your team's dragon with the help of your jungler and bot lane. Therefor you are in a position to have the most influence on the outcome of the game if you do your job correctly.

How: You want to choose ap champions that are scary 1 v 1 or have a strong teamfight presence at level 6. There is a great variety here so just be sure you play them to their strengths.

Bot lane:
Purpose: To allow a ranged ad carry to farm well and have control over dragon.
Position: Being near dragon means bot lane is responsible for warding dragon.
How: Since the priority is to allow a ranged ad carry uninterrupted farm and to prevent the other ad carry from doing so, you will need a ranged ad + support here. The ranged ad should scale well into late game and have a lot of farm. The support here should be item dependent as you're not going to last hit at all: your carry is. Support's job is to make the ad carry's farming as easy as possible, setup kills at bot, and keep control of dragon / jungler with the aid of your jungler.

Jungler:
Purpose: To give an advantage to your allies in the early game phase, keep tabs on jungle buffs and dragon.
Position: The jungle stretches everywhere on the map, from top to bottom. However since one of your main priorities is keeping control over dragon, you will visit top less than the others, if at all.
How: A jungler must be able to clear the jungle quickly, and is either a very good ganker or has fast clearing times and counterjungling abilities ( screwing over the enemy's jungler ).

Your Akali shines with items and does well 1 v 1. This is why Akali's have been known to take mid or top lane. She does well 1 v 1 and the solo experience allows her to reach killing potential earlier.

Putting her at bot isn't wise for a number of reasons:

*You would get to level 6 slower since you're sharing experience with your support.
*Even if you harass an enemy, his/her support will heal it back up relatively easy.
*Kills will be difficult because you're dealing with 2 people. Want to kill that Ashe? Sorry as you shadowdanced to her your target got healed/buffed and you got knocked up/silenced/stunned/pushed away by soraka/sona/taric/jarvan/alistar/leona/nunu.

While I'm sure it can work I believe it's not optimal. You'd have to ask others who know about it for their reasoning.

ImChallenger IRL

02-12-2012

Quote:

Have fun!
This is old old meta. Current meta is Top brusier (Panth, GP, Trynd) AP Mid (Karthus, Ahri, Kassadin), Tanky Jungler (Maokai, Rammus, Amumu) AD carry bot (MF, Ashe, Sivir) and support bot (Soraka, Sona, Alistar)

etc.