Dom Karma.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaoticHypnotic

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessEvolutio View Post
Is karma able to bot well? this would allow her to get the farm to be quite strong?
Farm is completely unnecessary in Dominion. She does well no matter where she goes.

But, you should try to avoid sticking her bot, because she will always do better when she has teammates around.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Quote:
Is karma able to bot well? this would allow her to get the farm to be quite strong?
She can go bot, but i do not recommend it. She just functions infinitely better with teammates nearby.

v4v3nd3774

02-13-2012

My experience has been trying to catch(and kill) a Mantra'd Spirit Bonded Vayne can be annoying as hell, especially with the mobility and deceptiveness R+Tumble can give her. Too hard to catch QQ

Hékate

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
She can go bot, but i do not recommend it. She just functions infinitely better with teammates nearby.
Agreed, she's got some good harass with mantra + shield on minions (i.e. enemy can't see it coming), but she's better with a team. If you get bamboozled into going bot, promoted minions can be an ok substitute to an ally. One sort of overlooked plus about Karma is that all her support spells can be used on minions... not at all gamechanging but can be used in interesting ways

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

It takes a different build and playstyle for Karma to go bottom. Cleanse + Garrison sounds like a great idea actually.

Totally just finished a Dominion where I defended top tower 3v1 without relevant summoners. W for slow on target is pimp.

Promote + Karma + Shielding and R Qing the promote minion is something I want to try in SR at some point.

Kiddalee

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedPower View Post
I'm actually kind of worried about her upcoming rework, especially the rumblings about not being able to put W on enemies anymore. Not only is that great for farming (hit an enemy hiding behind his minions, then sweep the beam over them), but the slow makes her difficult to gank on top of that. I hope it won't wreck her ability to solo a lane too badly.
Do you have any Red posts you can point me at? I'd like to know what's going on.

I suspect Riot's motives for remaking Karma. If they're trying to increase her usability, then they are going to have to make her less team reliant, and she won't be Karma anymore. If they are trying to make her base numbers and scaling more meta-friendly, well, is it really necessary? Riot should build some champs without consideration of the meta; not only can the meta change, but coordinated teams should have the option to choose their own metas.

Let the audience who enjoys Karma keep enjoying Karma. We are of a certain type: players who don't rage at their teammates and instead use their teammates' positions. It's not like they're going to let us sell our Karmas to new prospective Karma players, which means we'll have been scammed into buying a different champion than we thought we would get.

The only good reason I can think of for them changing her is if they're afraid that players will realize how overbuffed she is, but the chances of that happening are poor, because most people rage at their teammates too much to improvise with them.

Purple Puma

02-15-2012

My Karma build:

Prospector's Ring
Boots of Lucidity
RoA
Aegis of the Legion
Soul Shroud
Hextech Sweeper

enough health to tank (if needed), good AP for strong shields and good heals, low cool downs, and good aura's. IMO it seems like she can be built for whatever the team needs, whether it be tank, support, or AP bursting. Which she does all 3 pretty good.

Edit: Getting all that HP also goes well with her passive, the closer she is to dying, the more AP she gets from the % of the HP missing.

IMSOJUICY

02-15-2012

Quote:
i've tried bot karma a couple times. it's hard for her to kill the other bot, because she can't really hold them down for the kill. but she can be a beast at holding for sure, and she pushes well too if needed.

MrMundungu

02-16-2012

I've been matched on a team with Karma exactly one time, and she was the reason that we won despite ending 5th on our team.
But that's the only one I've seen, looks difficult to play.

BadgerDrool

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
The only good reason I can think of for them changing her is if they're afraid that players will realize how overbuffed she is, but the chances of that happening are poor, because most people rage at their teammates too much to improvise with them.
I really must disagree. I'm having a lot of fun with her and people really underestimate her. However she is definitely lacking in some way I have a hard time putting my finger on.

One of my big issues with her is how much itemization she really needs to just work at a baseline level. You need a decent amount of AP and CDR or all of her abilities feel very useless. Which is one reason she loves Dominion. She can get that itemization fairly easily.

The other issue I have with her is a lack of what I call wedge ability. Imagine people's opinions of Karma are a rock. You want to split that rock and open their minds to the strengths of the character. Karma has nothing she does that's "Holy crow" and helps you do that.
Annie as a counter example has level 6 stun bear combo. An instant "OMG look at what Annie just did **** that's scary" reaction follows. Which is why Annie's never had this issue.

As the Karma player you certainly get what you just did and why it was fantastic. The rest of your team and the enemy team? Very rarely will they realize exactly what you just did.

Take Lux another hybrid support/burst mage. If you play a support role then peeling with your binding has an instant reaction from people. Snipe someone with ult? Very obvious. Do a full combo on someone where you proc your passive everytime and they cease to exist? You are gonna get some props.

Karma really doesn't have that. She has no hard CC, her snare is just barely strong enough, and a lot of what she does is invisible to everyone else. It's there, it's powerful, but it's invisible.