Dom Karma.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

Been trying different things with Karma. Have had a decent amount of success. Wanted to share some of my thoughts and insights.

Karma can go Top or Bottom. She feels better top due to a much stronger early game with team mates/multiple opponents to mess around with. On the other hand she is quite good at clearing minion waves alone and can hold her own bottom.

The biggest decision for Karma is her starting items. She has some mana issues early game and starting off strong is very very important for her. I am presently favoring Prospectors + Boots + Pots for top and Catalyst bottom.

I feel there are quite a few items that work for her in Dominion. Since you have the chance a Deathcap is quite nice to get your hands on. Though I really like making her a bit beefier while getting CDR. Thus I'm starting to favor Glacial Shroud and possibly FoN depending on match up. Of course I do get AP. Goal is roughly CDR cap and +200 AP.

One thing I've noticed that's surprised me is that I often Mantra Spirit Bond. I've also taken to favoring hitting an enemy rather then an ally. A garunteed 5 second slow can be quite important for kiting. I mantra my shield far less often as I want to save that extra charge for a Q heal. If the mantra shield + Q damage won't get a kill I tend to avoid it.

So anyway curious what other peoples experiences with her in Dominion have been.

Sh00t3rman

02-12-2012

Bump for a thread about Karma!

I agree about the Catalyst by the way- the extra heal and mana from gaining a level with the quick level gains at the beginning have saved me many a time... Also, lately I've been seeing the Frozen Heart as a good mage defense item lately.

Bonabon

02-12-2012

Karma I think is a bit of an under-rated support. Then again she's only really half-support, and can play much more offensively than most.

I've played with against some Karma's who just completely dominated the match. Not necessarily in kills or anything, but just her overall contribution to any encounter involving her.

Then again I've played with Karma's that do nothing but wait until the enemy you're attacking gets low and then cast a Mantra'd Shield on you to snipe the kill.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

I enjoy playing her when i have someone who enjoys dashing right into the fray(Xin, Jarvan, Irelia are all good example). Those sorts of champions become your conduits of destruction with W and Mantra'd E, allowing to chase with W or Mantra'd W, and letting them survive with Mantra'd Q and E.

Dominion is really a map where Karma shines because she gets both the gold she needs to be a Burst Caster and typically has teammates around her to support. Her ability to be a Burst Caster/Support allows her to both kill her enemies and save her allies. I would generally build her pure AP burst with Deathcap and Wota, throwing in some CDR with Morello's/Deathfire Grasp if you notice you need your abilities more often. I generally only get defensive items on mages if i notice my teammates aren't doing a good job protecting me. If i do need them i get Frozen Heart(CDR/AS Reduc too good) or Odin's Veil(Active adds to your burst).

The problem i have with Karma is the same i have with Leona, both rely heavily on nearby allies to maximize their abilities. Sometimes you have 4 awesome teammates, Sometimes you have 4 weirdly shaped minions .

BadgerDrool

02-12-2012

I find as much as I love having gap closing champions on my side. So does my enemy. A little defense goes a long way with Karma. Surviving focus fire from 2-3 champions to get off your spell combo again really delays your death by a magnitude of seconds. When you consider surviving 10 seconds vs 3 might allow your team to clean up, kill them before they kill you, or hit other objectives....

I also don't feel like it takes much. One Negatron and Chain Vest gets you most of the way there. Build them into full items based on needs/wants at the time. Remeber mitigation works well with shields.

Otherwise grab some items with health so you can survive a CC chain to E. I've won several fights on the basis that I was suddenly able to cast at 5% life. Shielded myself immediatly for a crazy amount and then R'Q'd to stave off death even longer. Throw in running away and W'ing the person chasing (possibly an R'W if it's like a Singed)...and several fights turned into chase the Karma for 15 seconds because look at how close she is to death. (Spoiler: The Karma gets away cackling)

Oh another observation. Keep an eye on when your teammates are spawning closely. Backing at the right moment to W and follow someone into lane makes matters much quicker for both of you. Backing or reviving when no one else is around feels much worse.

By the by Fiddlesticks is a mean one in Dom. I feel like a fast Spellblade really helps so you can lucidety books. Then I consider pulling items from the support page given that I really need my team to survive his ult. Aegis + Solari seems like an excellent cheap combo....

Actually....Emblem of Valor + Boots...can you start with that? + arm and AoE health regen. If you have a team likely to do a lot of poking in that first top fight...might work out ok.

*cough* anyway one of Karma's strengths I feel is you can shift your build to suite. Need to support more? Get the right items and it still makes your shielding and healing more efficient. Need more damage? Well AP still helps your heal and shield too!

DoctorEvolution

02-13-2012

Is karma able to bot well? this would allow her to get the farm to be quite strong?

Redenbacher

02-13-2012

I watched Karma annihilate any glass cannon on my team with a single combo, and walk away with full health and a shield.

Methinks she's underestimated.

Kiddalee

02-13-2012

I only feel comfortable picking Karma when there are big bruiser teammates for me to place my spells on. Perhaps it's because I build kind of squishy. I have mp5 seals, take Boots3 right away, a Deathfire Grasp (Codex first), and then I start improvising. I go top all game so I can use my teammates all the time, and when the enemy tries to focus me I bait with my passive. I love playing supports on Dominion. So much bait.

Aroyok

02-13-2012

Karma's presence in SR really is negligible...but you will feel her for all 20 minutes of the match in Dom.

ZedPower

02-13-2012

I build Karma pretty tanky: Catalyst, Ionian Boots, Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, Frozen Heart, Odyn's Veil, Zhonya's Hourglass. She's a pretty spectacular bot, in my experience; she almost makes me feel like I'm being a bully. She pushes super well, can do some serious damage when she gotta, and she's tough enough to survive most assassin-types in lane. With Cleanse and Garrison I can usually hold a point for a long time if the need arises.

I'm actually kind of worried about her upcoming rework, especially the rumblings about not being able to put W on enemies anymore. Not only is that great for farming (hit an enemy hiding behind his minions, then sweep the beam over them), but the slow makes her difficult to gank on top of that. I hope it won't wreck her ability to solo a lane too badly.