Would you like voice chat in league of legends

yes 110 83.97%
no 11 8.40%
only in ranked games 10 7.63%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

voice chat for lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnork

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo020788 View Post
mine isn't going anywhere lol... the reason I said it got "shot down", is because it litterally got enough down voters, to close the thread (11).

Although there were more people who actually voted "yes" for the idea, in the poll...
it went a lot better than mine did no 1 even bothered replying to it

gnork

02-29-2012

bump

Teh holiday beef

02-29-2012

It would be a nice addition...

Tommo020788

02-29-2012

well I've seen allot more votes FOR IT on this thread, and a much higher ratio of agreement on the idea, rather than people just saying "NO NO NO! HORRIBLE IDEA!", and down-voting the thread, without even reading.

And hey... at least this thread is alive still
Mine died within 30-40 mins lol.

I think that people on the "feedback" section, are allot more open to new ideas, and allot more willing to actually READ the thread, rather than just the title of the thread, and respond based on the title alone.

I posted mine in the "General discussion" thread, and because there is so much exposure there, there was higher risk of 11 "down-voters" seeing the thread, and responding at the same time, shutting the thread down before a decent ratio of people get to see it, and comment on it.

The main issues that came up were "I don't want a child yelling abuse at me over the microphone", and "how will the tribunal be able to detect abuse?".

The first issue is very easily solved. The second issue is a bit more complicated, because I cannot see riot recording every audio session that takes place in their games, for tribunal members to listen to (WAAAY too much data to store).

But really... I can't see what the tribunal has done to deter abuse... In fact, I have seen an INCREASE in abuse in games, over the last year, rather than a decrease, so obviously the tribunal hasn't solved the problem anyway...

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
To be honest, I really think that having an in game voice chat, would improve the gaming experience ALLOT.
RIOT always say that they want the game to be as team driven as they can possibly have it, and one problem with teamwork (especially in soloque games), is the fact that none of them are able to communicate verbally, and cannot type fast enough to communicate effectively.

Therefore, what better a way to improve the availability of teamwork options, than to add an in-game voice chat option!

Imagine how much easier it would be to communicate with each other in games.
Of course, there would need to be certain options added to this feature, to cut out the trolls, and to make it convenient enough to use.

* Make it so you can turn speak mode off and on, so you can choose to listen to incoming voices.
* Add a filter option, for people to ignore speech from certain players (when there are trolls).
* Volume options, to change the volume level of your outgoing, and incoming speech.

I really don't see why there aren't more votes on this... this would make a HUGE difference to LOL!
Better communication for your team. More successful ganks instead of typing and getting ganked yourself.

Tommo020788

03-02-2012

^agreed

Hey I have started a new thread again.
This time, I started it up in the HUD discussion section.

Its an in-depth discussion thread on voice chat.
The thread talks about the most common concerns people have with voice chat, as well as offering a solution to most of the concerns.

Take a look here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post21614172

gnork

03-03-2012

bump

Bandět

03-04-2012

Quote:
To be honest, I really think that having an in game voice chat, would improve the gaming experience ALLOT.
RIOT always say that they want the game to be as team driven as they can possibly have it, and one problem with teamwork (especially in soloque games), is the fact that none of them are able to communicate verbally, and cannot type fast enough to communicate effectively.

Therefore, what better a way to improve the availability of teamwork options, than to add an in-game voice chat option!

Imagine how much easier it would be to communicate with each other in games.
Of course, there would need to be certain options added to this feature, to cut out the trolls, and to make it convenient enough to use.

* Make it so you can turn speak mode off and on, so you can choose to listen to incoming voices.
* Add a filter option, for people to ignore speech from certain players (when there are trolls).
* Volume options, to change the volume level of your outgoing, and incoming speech.

I really don't see why there aren't more votes on this... this would make a HUGE difference to LOL!
Bump. You should have been the one to start this thread.