Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Don't forget the additional exhaust your teammate throws on me because I rushed QSS.
Sauron the builds you use for Jax (or at least, the ones I can see in match history) are strange and magical to me. How do you come up with them? Or at least, what would you consider core on him?

I don't get to play Jax often but when I do I've been sticking to Guinsoos/Gunblade mostly...

Sauron

02-13-2012

Builds for him are really situational. Trinity Force is definately core if you're ranking W over E, though, and even then its still great if you go E over W. Just be sure you have a lot of CDR in either case.

Jax gets a lot of free AS and DPS so if you go lifesteal with resistances he can actually do quite well. In fact, such builds are great counters to champions like the mighty Derpwick.

Also, if you see me building a lot of zeals, I'm just dunking because the game is really onesided or the other team has zero damage. Ignore those. Stacking zeals doesn't work in even matchups.

Edit: I realize my match history probably doesn't make a case for Trinity being core as I've been experimenting with his builds a lot. A match history beyond the last 10 games would probably be better if you're looking for build ideas: http://www.leagueofstats.com/summone...19667000/games

All in all, Trinity is best suited for an "in general" game where you can't always rely on teammates to initiate correctly or whatnot, and you don't need to rush things like QSS for any reason.

Chingmeister

02-13-2012

Play with a max CDR Veigar who maxes 2.5 second AoE stun first...chain your 1 second AoE stun after it....

Should kill almost any target...

Or just start boots + Chain Vest + Cloth, build Thornmail as a first item, Mercuries, Wits, and then build dmg. Jax has great built in dmg already.

Voxom

02-13-2012

Thanks for all the input. I'll build him a lot more tanky.

lbgsloan

02-13-2012

Trinity into tanky seems to be the general consensus now. Grabbing some sort of sustain is a good idea if even just a vamp scepter, but Trinity-Gunblade is right out as it costs too much. SR guides are even encouraging people to build him ultra-boring trinity-atmogs now. His base ability damages are so high that he doesn't need much more than Trinity for damage. CDR is pretty strong on him now too, and might be one of the few good candidates for Zeke's Herald.