Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ELO is straight up dumb ****.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The God Fâther

02-12-2012

I'm sick of this matchup system. Every game I'm having to carry and even with great scores my team members manage to f it up for me. Stop making champions nonstop and focus on fixing the god **** game. Such a money hungry game. We can barely afford rune pages. Seriously, fix this **** or I as well as others who already have will join Dota 2. We wasted 2 years here and it has come to the point where League only cares about casual players that can feel op. The ELO matchup system straight up blows. Why should I lose ELO if my **** team sucks? Fix the matchup system, balance the game, and stop being so money hungry. Don't tell us "it's to support the game". Anyone with the right mind knows how much money league makes. And the community members can rage at me, knowing how much they love to blow on this game rather than actually point out its flaws.

Shaidyn

02-12-2012

Quote:
Platybelodon:
I'm sick of this matchup system. Every game I'm having to carry and even with great scores my team members manage to f it up for me. Stop making champions nonstop and focus on fixing the god **** game. Such a money hungry game. We can barely afford rune pages. Seriously, fix this **** or I as well as others who already have will join Dota 2. We wasted 2 years here and it has come to the point where League only cares about casual players that can feel op. The ELO matchup system straight up blows. Why should I lose ELO if my **** team sucks? Fix the matchup system, balance the game, and stop being so money hungry. Don't tell us "it's to support the game". Anyone with the right mind knows how much money league makes. And the community members can rage at me, knowing how much they love to blow on this game rather than actually point out its flaws.

1) How do you propose matching players without ELO? It's easy to rage, more difficult to propose solutions.

2) How can they fix bad players? Do you suggest they sent developers to peoples' houses to show them how to play?

3) How are they money hungry? Nobody ever NEEDS to spend a time on this game. It's all optional.

4) How can you barely afford rune pages? I bought the rune page bundle this weekend just for the hell of it.

5) Last but not least, if you really dislike unskilled players lowering your score, stop joining the queue on your own. Join a team.

The God Fâther

02-12-2012

I agree with # 5. I'm going to do that from now on. Good for you for purchasing # 4? I buy rp too but I try to have a good amount of champions to support my team. 3. If they weren't money hungry they'd not make every **** champ 6.3k and cost like 7 dollars<--- Don't blame them for making money, just wish they'd not only be money hungry and make updates with better balancing. 2) I've heard reporting for unskilled doesn't do anything. 1). I've played for 2 years and yes it's easy to rage but so often? It's just not fun. I guess #5 can fix this.

SentinelOfPain

02-13-2012

You don't NEED every champ. Especially in threes. Instead of getting that 6.3k champ, try getting rune pages instead for your most played champs. If you don't go out of your way to get all the champs, getting a rune page isn't that bad.

If every champ released was under 6.3k, a whole bunch of bads (which you complained about) would just start derping around and die because the 6.3k champs (with rare exceptions) are usually harder to play. In addition to this, not all champs are 6.3k and are easily affordable. For example, if you get all the 450s (not that hard) you have playable champs that fit into just about any niche you should need for most games.

And Riot being money hungry? The only thing you need money to buy are skins. I can't think of another game off the top of my head that does that.

PurpleURP

02-13-2012

Here's the thing: there is a cap any one player can spend on league
eventually, you will have everything in the game and have no reason to spend anymore money
it's important riot keeps coming out with new content for sale to keep profits consistent
without new content, the only other way to create additional funds is to get new players to join league, and with how competitive PC gaming is, that is more easily said than done
without consistent profits they wouldn't be able to pay their employees or even run their servers
Riot isn't money hungry as you say, just trying to expand their business any growing company should

kavinh the third

02-14-2012

Quote:
Platybelodon:

post in the actual section piz this is TT which doesn't have solo queue ranked.
and ya it's stupid that's why u can't ever expect to get a high ello i've gotten up to 1400 at one point and had 7 losses in a row due to sucidal teammates.

especie

Recruiter

09-29-2012

Hey mister troll why u cry about your Elo if u are so retarded to troll my game because people talk spanish?