Dealing with OP xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aengil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Here are some tips to counter Xin:

-Xin relies a lot on ambushing. If you know he's coming for you, run for the nearest turret and let him try to kill you right underneath it (obviously do this, but also try to play it as safe as possible with xin)
-Buy Thornmail . Watch as Xin does massive physical damage only to have it reflected right back at him, he shatters himself on thornmail. Two thornmails are overkill, but hey... no more xin ambushing
-Xin's greatest power is in his four hit combo. It's quite insane, but you can exploit the use of his combo by stunning him. You'll have to be fast for this, but when he attacks you, stun him and bash him with everything you got if you think you can kill him quickly. If you can't, hit him a few spells and run away, his audacious charge takes some cooldown time
--Nuking xin is a bad idea, unless you're sure you can take him out without him attacking you first. Otherwise, he'll use his own nuke which usually has a shorter cooldown than other nukes, and demolish you
-Plan with teammates. Although it's not working for you, try instead of harassing xin, wait for him to attack you and your teammate, then nuke/stun as quickly as possible

+ Stuns are almost essential to killing Xin. They're not required, but they sure as heck will either help kill or run away from him

But overall, I believe that Xin is oped. His four hit combo is way to powerful, plus with a knock up you can't cleanse, a charge that puts him behind you, and on top of that, a whopping ulti finisher, he really is a cheap hero to play. Just my opinion, no one kill me for saying this D:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genuwine21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Tips to beating Xin:

First off CCs are useful, but the truth is you have to know the map to really be able to beat xin 1 on 1, or have a character who counters him well. (Jax, Corki, and Nunu are my favorites for beating xin, but I only recommend the first two, as they are pretty easy to figure out why they counter Xin easily, but Nunu is more about using your range with e and throwing xin off balance and threatening him with your ult after he pops you.)

Another thing to realize is Xin has really short cooldowns if he is spamming his w buff. He heals very quickly with it also, so try to keep damaging him and baiting him, basically harass him. There are several characters that can do this, but realize that this comes down to playing skill and a decent internet connection.

I find I wreck xins only because I outmanuver them. Xin has to really commit to do any damage, as he is melee, but if you can trick him into overcommitting at the wrong time you can easily nuke him or gank him. Xin is one of the easiest champs to gank mid game, and early if your team knows what they are doing.