Dealing with OP xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

i think tank xin is OP. do not think xin himself is OP. normal DPS xin's are easy to kill and feed off.

bl0b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Exhaust is Xin's worst enemy. I once played a game as Xin vs a 5 exhaust team. Needless to say, I did terribly. But that would go for a lot of champs with heavy auto-attack reliance, such as Yi or Warwick.

JubaliaDingdong

07-25-2010

I tried to solo him 4 levels higher with Twitch, never came close to it.

End of the game came around, I made more gold then he did, and had better equipment, and more damage, Just every time he came around he wrecked house...
Couldn't find a way around it, and I frequently go 20/0 K/D, when xin in a champion, I go around 10/10(Never killing Xin)

BACKSTABUUU

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0sta View Post
Try to ignore him completely, control your jungle. So far the best counter was that we avoid earlier fights, get a bit of farm and chain CC on him and throw all we got.
Really? I've found playing agressively (poking him, pushing him away from minions and not letting him scare you) to be very successful.

You wanna save your slows and disables for him when he rushes in, then focus him and get him out of the way quickly. You probably want a tank invested in armor and a little bit of health for straight out fights with him also.

The best way to punish Xin Zhao is to control his lane and rise above him in level, an unfed Xin is an unhappy Xin, and I've had plenty of games where Xin couldn't touch my Gangplank 1 v 1 because I denied him his farming.

That said, even that may not be enough, all I can offer then is don't get discouraged, there's a nerf incoming, and by no means you should let Xin Zhao scare you away from this great game.

finalformeskimo

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are actually a lot of champions that can solo xin - like Jax for example. The thing is people are getting afraid of him and instead of attacking they start to run away and then he picks them off. What is most dangerous about him is his really high dmg aoe ult - if you can avoid or survive it then just focus the hell on him and send him to the summoner platform.
What heros other than Jax and Shaco can 1 on 1 him? Possibly Warwick? he is seriously one of the strongest melee dps right now, and is difficult to stop.

5n4k3

07-26-2010

As others have said, a disable and some burst will destroy him. Also, if you play extremely careful early-mid game and drag the game out. He's pretty bad end game (at least in my experience) and can generally be shut down in team fights, ie you get your nuke to destroy him before he can do much damage.

Calbrenar

07-26-2010

Keep in mind that exhaust on Xin until AFTER he does his knockup is wasted if you're trying to blind him. Blind lasts 3s and his Q ability makes 3 auto attacks immune to blind. If you have the health to survive 3 strikes of his Q you can then exhaust him and prevent him from using his W to refresh his Q to hit you again.

Xin is also very fragile. If they build pure dps they can easily be focused down. The #1 mistake I see with people playing vs Xin is they run. ZOMG Xin! The problem is unless you have flash and a convenient wall, ghost or something similar you aren't going to get away.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone run from xin, he kills them, someone else attacks him realizes he's still full health and runs and dies etc. That is how Xin goes through an entire team. He dashes in and ults people drop in health and panic. Instead of just turning on him and demolishing him they run.

If Xin gets defensive items then only his ult is a real threat. Don't feed him a ton of gold and you'll be fine.

The best advice I can give you is that the laning phase isn't set in stone. If you have two nasty champs in a lane together like Xin and Mordekaiser (that game was painful), either lane switch to a better match up or try to get your jungler/mid to gank a bit more often to push them back.

If you are stubborn about it and keep trying to run out and last hit and die then you are basically making Xin strong and giving your team a loss. Yes his dash is overwhelming and the +dmg/knockup/blindness immunity is nasty, but it's not that much different from trying to be aggressive with a well played Shaco or Ezreal or Pantheon or any of the other champs that can hit hard early game. Swap lanes with a Mordekaiser or a Taric or a Heimer.

Unless your mid is about to burn down the other mid's tower then its far better to have him guard your bottom lane so that you don't lose your's. If he did burn down the other mid's tower then he can swap to your lane and let someone else get mid exp.

TLDR
Your lane opponents are random. Don't hesitate to make adjustments after the game starts to put it in your favor.

Rabbio

07-26-2010

I just laugh at Xins when I decide to play Heimer. Stun in turrets = dead Xin very quickly. During team-fights, he would always target me first (as my turrets would rape his team) and Zhonya's was long enough to have him do nearly no damage to me and get wiped out.

His level 1 tower diving is scary, but just play cautiously until you get some gold.

K0sta

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
Really? I've found playing agressively (poking him, pushing him away from minions and not letting him scare you) to be very successful.

You wanna save your slows and disables for him when he rushes in, then focus him and get him out of the way quickly. You probably want a tank invested in armor and a little bit of health for straight out fights with him also.

The best way to punish Xin Zhao is to control his lane and rise above him in level, an unfed Xin is an unhappy Xin, and I've had plenty of games where Xin couldn't touch my Gangplank 1 v 1 because I denied him his farming.

That said, even that may not be enough, all I can offer then is don't get discouraged, there's a nerf incoming, and by no means you should let Xin Zhao scare you away from this great game.
In lane, once you get too close you'll gonna get slowed and he's gonna decimate you with three talon strike then heal up the damage he took from minions. There are certain lanes that could outzone him, but you can't always get them.

Once he rushes in and uses his ult 90% of his work is done, that damage alone is enough to force a team to retreat.

Yup, except it's hard to get him away from creeps.

Just to add, that game where xin was useless we had both rammus and shen, together with anivia, which meant that if one of those 3 used their disable others could do as well which allowed us to kill him without losing too much health. Just disable him from a safe range and punish.

Pankeca

07-26-2010

Thanks for the help guys, I think I got everything I need down.. basicly

-Try and pick a tank class if I know for SURE I'm going up against Xin Zhao
-Crowd Control is your friend against Xin Zhao
-Put a good ranged class in Xin Zhaos lane, someone who can run away if he tries to convert said champion into gold at early levels, but also someone who can push him towards his tower so he can't feed off creeps.
-If all else fails, Thornmail, Sunfire cape and any other return damage items with armor to help me tank Xin for your team.

might go Shen or Rammus for this, preferably Shen since his ultimate would be great for stopping Xin from feeding mid game.