Whats the deal with Xin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

I feel like I'm the only person who plays him.

Where all the Xin Zhaos at?

Glorious Bird

02-12-2012

Probably playing the few other champs that do exactly what Xin does only better.

AugustoTDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2012

He doesn't scale well at all, for some reason. He doesn't excel at anything, trying to be a jack of all trades, without doing anything.
Build him tanky, you won't do enough damage to be bothered with. Build him damage, well... die instantly.

It's odd, because his kit looks incredible but he doesn't translate as well. I guess it's a combination of how his jungle is great early on, but it doesn't snowball or transition as well other characters, and how vulnerable he is against aggresive lanes (because he can only play aggresively to keep the other character zoned), and his low mobility.

DramaticBear

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustoTDR View Post
He doesn't scale well at all, for some reason. He doesn't excel at anything, trying to be a jack of all trades, without doing anything.
Build him tanky, you won't do enough damage to be bothered with. Build him damage, well... die instantly.

It's odd, because his kit looks incredible but he doesn't translate as well. I guess it's a combination of how his jungle is great early on, but it doesn't snowball or transition as well other characters, and how vulnerable he is against aggresive lanes (because he can only play aggresively to keep the other character zoned), and his low mobility.
I've never run into the problems described in the first paragraph. Except the scaling thing, and its because he has 100% no scaling, only incentive to build dps.

EDIT: That downvote, whats that about?

Bonabon

02-12-2012

I know MMKH plays him from time to time. Not too often, though.

SoSalty

02-12-2012

Xin is the Annie of Tanky DPS. Annie used to be referred to the litmus test of any new and upcoming AP champions. Xin is in between in my opinion.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-12-2012

Xin is busy ruling dominion.

Hugs From Momma

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
I feel like I'm the only person who plays him.

Where all the Xin Zhaos at?
They play Wu - because he is far and away better.

pinkpig

02-12-2012

Sound the march

DramaticBear

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
They play Wu - because he is far and away better.
Yeah, I don't see how he's better far and away. He's better, but not by much.

Xin still has better 1v1 potential.