Jungling in 3v3 - How To?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaidyn

02-12-2012

TL;DR: How do I jungle in 3v3 without letting down my team, and which champion is best for this purpose?

Longer version: I picked up rammus a few weeks ago, and fell in love with the turtle. I was then told that I'd only get to play him if I jungled. I was hesitant, but set out to learn. I've since become fairly good at jungling, ganking, and tanking, and realize I like it a lot.

I've always like 3v3 more than 5v5, and remembered that 3v3 has a jungle as well. I wondered, could I jungle on 3v3? It'd be like having three solo lanes. The bottom lane would have a tough go of it for a few minutes, while I levelled up, but after 6 or so minutes, when bottom lane and jungler were both 2 levels ahead of their opponents, ganks would be easy.

I did a few custom matches with some champions, and I just could not make it work. The jungle mobs were just a bit too tough, and I always ended up dying prematurely. I did some searches, but all the guides I found were ancient.

Does anybody have any good guides for the 3v3 jungle? And suggestions on champs to use? I use rammus in 5v5, but I don't think the tankiness is really needed in 3v3. Maybe something a bit burstier, like Xin Zhao?

Thanks!

Baalboy5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

No blue so jungle rammus is harder than norm
ask solo bot to leech your left/right camp (one in the area near red)
if its golems, you'll get lv 2, wraiths then you won't (gg)

DBC then powerball. Get level 2 then go gank top as the top will be level 1. Go from behind and hope you get a kill.

Good 3s junglers are udyr/lee/shy
You want strong gap closers in 3s (jump over walls mostly) to get kills. Try hard to get top fed.

Rammus always a good pick, ****s over tryns (like they aren't rare)

Sam

02-12-2012

Rammus doesn't need blue to jungle.

lystroka

02-12-2012

Gap closer is a must have

Gank >> then camp

If inhibitor dies you head in for nexus otherwise it sucks so hard to try to bust tower and nexus while 2v3 next to fountain

BolDeFruits

02-12-2012

Im not really jungling 3v3 but when some1 does, i always pick karma cause when you play her well, she can easily hold 2 guys

Plz Buff Shaco

02-12-2012

kill minion camps etc

chebasteba

02-14-2012

always make your presence known. What I will typically do is lvl a little in lane just to get to a point where I'm not in fear of dying, and that way solo lane doesn't have too much trouble lvling up, and then proceed to jungle almost entirely making sure to gank pretty much constantly

iPhailures

02-14-2012

Lee Sin. GG