Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

When can we expect Ranked play for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Do we really need ranked, in the form that has a separate ladder, with its own competitive scores?

Don't most of the competitive Dominion players just want a better matchup?

Realistically, isn't what we really want just the same limitations that apply in ranked matches, such as having a duo as maximum queue, instead of 3+?

Isn't that something we should petition for instead?

A few of the good things I could see ranked doing:
  • It would bring in more players. I personally know a lot of players that admit Dominion is fun, but currently refuse to play Dominion simply because there isn't Ranked. There's nothing to strive for in their eyes. And I know this isn't limited to just people I personally know. There's lots out there that feel this way.
  • It would give solo players a way to avoid running into pre-mades. I think what you're asking for is actually much more difficult for Riot to do. It would require a code change to the matchmaking system, whereas with Ranked they just have to hit a switch and it's on. You also run into the problem of what to do with 4-man premades in normals if you make that change. Who is going to fill that last spot if the system is preventing solo players from playing with premades?
  • It would earn Dominion some respect as a competitive gameplay mode. Perhaps not that important, but I know I grit my teeth a little bit whenever I hear an SR player call it a "mindless mini-game".