Anivia Survivability Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hofferr

07-24-2010

I played a few games as Anivia and I found it really hard to stay alive. In team fights I'm usually targeted first and completely destroyed in seconds. As far as items I tried going for Catalyst into Rod of Ages first for the extra hp but it didn't seem to help much. Does anyone have any tips for staying alive as Anivia?

Shakin Hatian

07-24-2010

Don't die.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

Stay the fk away from CC feggots, or at least don't get closer to them than you have to. Your damage output and spell utilization depend on you not getting CC'd more so than other champions. Throwing Flash Frost at them? You can't a'splode it in their face if they return fire with a Stun. Laying down Glacial Storm? They can either run out of it... or just touch you with a dash of Silence.

Also, make sure you have good positioning. You want to stay behind your beefier teammates, such as tanks. Never go near the grass alone unless you're quite sure that there's no one going to jump you. (Crystallize can be used to scout locations safely, as it acts like a 5-second ward anywhere where the wall is.)

In terms of escape, a Crystallize in the jungle can be good for stopping certain people completely. Beware the others that can bypass the wall via some teleportation skill like Tryndamere's Spinning Slash (Janna and Kennen cannot chase you without Flash however). But even then, escaping in the jungle is generally a bit easier than escaping in the lanes because there's a lot less room to maneuver in the jungle, meaning it's easier to hit your chasers with your skills. Either way, Flash Frost and Glacial Storm used alternately can let you get away from one, possibly two, chasers (except for slow-immune feggots like Master Yi). Unless they have Ghost, then you'd better have your own Ghost, or pray you can get to safety/scare them off/kill them before they get you.

Without having seen you play, it's really hard for me to say anything else.

Arneris

07-24-2010

Location, location, location.

And a team that isn't completely ******ed helps aswell when they don't charge off every time leaving you CC'd alone with 4 angry champs while they all chase some low hp runner.

jusTthis exe

07-24-2010

Good tips, but also, rylai's slow stacks with GS, and FF. Making a GS slow them by 35%--- making it much more likely for it to help you escape. You don't have a lot of escapability though. So be even more aware of missing champs than you normally would be.

218LoveCyst

07-24-2010

anivia tank!! lol no jk...you gotta stay behind your buddies. dont be afraid to whip up a wall. guardian angel along with your egg is awesome.