Looking for a change, Champion Recommendations?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breidr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

I find myself in a rhut, playing the same champions a lot and I wanted to branch out and try something new. Heck, it will even rauise my value as a player if I can learn to pull off moret han 3 champions (as it stands right now)

I learned Dominion on Kayle, and that worked out for a little bit, but I wanted to mix things up. It was Yorrick free week, and I gave him a shot (this is before I came to the forums and saw all the OP threads) and that stuck, especially with the amount of time I spend bot.... you don't exactly see people jumping at the chance to take bot.... I broke away from that on a whim one day and tried Teemo... this was a mixture of failure and success. Either I can destroy the enemy team, or the little guy takes a dive without accomplishing much. The best thing I seem to get out of him is dumping shrooms in the jungle and catching unsuspecting players off-guard... kills from the grave become common.

With that little handful of champions I was hoping to expand. I really like the feel of ranged in Dominion. Poking people with Teemo darts is fun. I'm leaning towards trying an AD carry, but I'm not exactly sure where to go there. It also wouldn't kill me to learn a tank I guess. I just feel a little overwhelmed by options right now, and I don't really have a handle on what's "good" to have in Dominion and what's not. I understand Bot Lane champion selection, AP/AD champions, and the need for ranged/melee, beyond that, it's a haze. With Teemo switching AD/AP and Yottick being my go to champion for bot lane, I don't really have a strategy beyond that, and I know that's a terrible thing to say.

0shi

02-12-2012

(From what I've seen, and everything is only my opinion. Your mileage may vary)
Vayne and Kog are really good AD carries on dominion (both have amazing damage and scaling, Vayne has mobility and a little CC while Kog instead has excellent poke).
Ammumu, Rammus, Blitz, Alistar (can also build tanky dps or AP burst), Singed and Maokai are all great tanks, Ammumu can bottom lane against SOME people, as can Singed, and Maokai is a very good bottom lane.

I don't really enjoy ranged carries so I can't give you a good recommendation to me, but as far as tanks go, Maokai is a blast, Blitz is incredibly rewarding to good play, and zooming around the map as Ammumu is a lot of fun. Ali is pretty cool, Rammus excels at soloing squishy carries in a team fight and Singed is good at surviving everything, escaping, and doing solid damage.

KimKelley

02-12-2012

For ranged tank try maokai or Galio (maokai recommended). Both of these are poking tanks and they can both go bottom pretty easily.

For AD carry, for ranged I can't help. I loathe them. For melee, Sion is delovely.

MoonMaster3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

Wanna learn a tank? Play Singed and spam /L at bot all day while farming creeps, pisses the enemy off enough to try to burst you, and chase you until, they die.

lol j/k

Lately I've been loving Mundo and Singed, easy enough tank-ish Champs to learn.

Whi

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
(From what I've seen, and everything is only my opinion. Your mileage may vary)
Vayne and Kog are really good AD carries on dominion (both have amazing damage and scaling, Vayne has mobility and a little CC while Kog instead has excellent poke).
Ammumu, Rammus, Blitz, Alistar (can also build tanky dps or AP burst), Singed and Maokai are all great tanks, Ammumu can bottom lane against SOME people, as can Singed, and Maokai is a very good bottom lane.

I don't really enjoy ranged carries so I can't give you a good recommendation to me, but as far as tanks go, Maokai is a blast, Blitz is incredibly rewarding to good play, and zooming around the map as Ammumu is a lot of fun. Ali is pretty cool, Rammus excels at soloing squishy carries in a team fight and Singed is good at surviving everything, escaping, and doing solid damage.
Kog goes AP in dom.

HaIfhearted

02-12-2012

I play Kog a TON in Dominion.

He's really strong once he gets fed, and his ult lets me trollface.jpg while I harass people trying to cap from a billion miles away.

As long as you watch your positioning so that you don't get jumped 2v1, he can do some really nasty work on the enemy team and pretty much hold top by himself.

I build Kog pure AD, although I'll rush a Wit's End if there are 2+ strong AP champs on the enemy team.
Being able to 1v1 EVERYBODY on the opposing team is one of my favorite aspects to him.

azurefishie

02-12-2012

Janna, she is hilarious on dominion. With full CDR, she can hold a turret like a boss. Also build boots of mobility and ninja turrets. (Kinda troll-y but hey, it's dominion)

AbsolutePK

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMaster3 View Post
Wanna learn a tank? Play Singed and spam /L at bot all day while farming creeps, pisses the enemy off enough to try to burst you, and chase you until, they die.

lol j/k

Lately I've been loving Mundo and Singed, easy enough tank-ish Champs to learn.
It's easier to spam shift4.