The competitive guide to AP Koggy.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

09-11-2010

I haven't put much consideration in to Bloodthirster, but I can't agree with Doran's Blade over Shield or Ring at all.

Really, I've just been seeing how the game plays out. In most of the games I've played now, the enemy has been grabbing armor, but no MR. In that case, I wouldn't bother with Bloodthirster, and stick to dealing magic damage. What's nice now, is I think Kog has the flexibility at this point to focus on magic damage, or physical damage, depending on how the game is going.

OniKedamono

09-14-2010

Due to having fun with this AP build a while back I wonder if Manamune would be good in an AD build. Just nice to be able to have a ton of mana. But I haven't really been able to play LoL in a week or more due to being too busy lately. I also always enjoyed Wriggle's Lantern just for the wonderful joy of wards.....

Reakt00r

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekirts View Post
-AD items: Go play Trist. Honestly. If you're still convinced Kog can match up against the big three AD carries, you're bad and should feel bad.
I lol'd at this, especially since he's widely considered to be one of the best at the moment, and even was the best pre-nerf.

But since this guide was written before his rise in popularity it doesn't mean that much.

Still, having the line "you're bad if you think he can match up" even though we know all know he CAN actually match up to them now makes you seem like a bad example.

Rekirts

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reakt00r View Post
I lol'd at this, especially since he's widely considered to be one of the best at the moment, and even was the best pre-nerf.

But since this guide was written before his rise in popularity it doesn't mean that much.

Still, having the line "you're bad if you think he can match up" even though we know all know he CAN actually match up to them now makes you seem like a bad example.
This was before he had the build in 25% attack speed and cooldown reduction on his BaB. Honestly, it makes more of a difference then you think, and Magic Penetration was leaps and bounds the better way to play him.

Edit: And before his normal range increase.

Rekirts

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniKedamono View Post
Due to having fun with this AP build a while back I wonder if Manamune would be good in an AD build. Just nice to be able to have a ton of mana. But I haven't really been able to play LoL in a week or more due to being too busy lately. I also always enjoyed Wriggle's Lantern just for the wonderful joy of wards.....
ADish builds just need a bloodrazor and you'll be rocking. Keep the green pot on ya, and next patch malady should make an excellent buy for Kog. Then buy your Bvail/GA. Ask team for Golem/Lizard, but you probably won't even rely on your spells much.

XarcZai

12-11-2010

I personally like to get at least 1 caustic spittle at level 3 because the 10% attack speed helps with farming. What do you think?