Howdo you get your noob team to stop being noob?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoMamaHa

02-11-2012

I cannot tell you how many times i have a stupid team....Whether its a jungling Trydamere who decides I should be solo bot.....A team who locks in their favorite squishy champ leaving me to choose a tank.....A Swain who lets the enemy cass free farm mid....Or CALL NO MIA's,and when i ask em to call MIA they say "WHATS A MIA?". Please, somone HELP ME.PLEASE!!!!(BTW I do unranked solo Q)

MochiZ

02-11-2012

if you are lv 30. then can not do anything about it. you just need a little bit luck...but if you are not. become lv 30. the players you meet there is much better....do Coop vs AI to lv 30...

DiscardedFetus

02-11-2012

They're not noobs, silly. When a team mate says, "What's mia?" it means he/she hates you. Notice almost every team you're on they act noob. That means lots of people hate you. Maybe you need to take a good look in the mirror, without breaking it, and make an attitude adjustment.

Shaidyn

02-11-2012

My advice is to always, and I mean always, be polite, courteous, and informative. Instead of raging and freaking out when someone says 'what's mia', how about you explain it? Then a) they know what it means, and b) they're more likely to do it in future. By taking 10 seconds out of your game, you've given 4 people some information that will make the game better for everyone they play with. Ever.

If everyone just acted like the mythical gamer they always complain isn't in their games, the community would be that much better.

p.s.: Nothing pisses off a troll so much as someone who is polite to them. It's like soap or sunlight to them.

"u mad bro?"
"I'd say I'm mildly agitated, but this is a game, so I'll keep my atttitude positive."
"y u so mad bro?"
"If you misconstrue my previous response as an indication of upset, you must have difficulty distinguishing emotion in your personal relationships."
" /sad trollface"

Cenerae

02-11-2012

Try to get them to listen to you by calmly and politely offering strategies or battle plans. If they reject it forcefully, then just leave the subject alone and do what you can. Ranting and raving, while a popular tactic, is also counterproductive.

YoMamaHa

02-12-2012

I never said I raged, nor did I say I freaked out. It's just when my team-mates either are just plain bad feeders who treat real people like bots....I tell them to stop ruining the game for everyone and grow up. You can not imagine the things i see in my everyday gaming.

skillpatrick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

you mentioned your team auto locking squishy champs and making you play tank, is playing a tank really all that bad? as long as your team has one it really shouldnt matter who it is.

If you find this to be a reoccuring thing then just find a tank you like to play (problem solved)

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

or just choose another squishy, and carry the entire team and win

demonicmonkeys

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamaHa View Post
I never said I raged, nor did I say I freaked out. It's just when my team-mates either are just plain bad feeders who treat real people like bots....I tell them to stop ruining the game for everyone and grow up. You can not imagine the things i see in my everyday gaming.
If this isn't raging, I'm not sure what is....... You're in denial right now. Snap out of it.

Cenerae

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamaHa View Post
See, when you say that sort of thing to people, they either keep doing it because they're getting a rise out of you, or start feeding on purpose because you're ticking them off for no reason. Alternatively, they get mad at you and start raging, which means they feed even more because they're too busy typing rage at you - and your performance suffers because you feel it wise to rage back at them.

None of these are productive outcomes, so just bite your tongue and try to deal with it politely, or simply don't bother saying anything.