How does one build Pantheon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorEvolution

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyRaid View Post
My personal build, while I do not claim it's the best, focuses around Armor Pen, CDR, and survivability. It's also only 11K and every time you recall or die there will always be something you can buy.

Prospector's Blade
Brutalizer
Youmoo's Ghostblade
Aegis of Legion
Sanguine Blade / Black Cleaver (cleaver if the enemy is stacking armor, otherwise sanguine)
Ninja Tabi / Mercury Treads (dependent on the enemy team's DPS champs)
I might try this one, seems reasonable. I am not sure if I would build the ghostblade third though.

FriendlyRaid

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
ouch. So much bad idea's here.

90% of the time finishing frozen mallet is a waste, getting a mallet before defense is just stupid, you will melt and not do damage
You must be joking right?

I just checked your stats and you JUST built a Pantheon with Frozen Mallet, AND you came in first. I checked your other build and the only item you're using that hasn't been mentioned is Thornmail. But since what you build defensively is going to depend on the enemy team's DPS champs, I'm sure others here would build it too against an AD heavy team.

Soooo...you're building exactly what we're talking about.

FriendlyRaid

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessEvolutio View Post
I might try this one, seems reasonable. I am not sure if I would build the ghostblade third though.
They're not in the order I build them. That's totally up to you. I actually buy a Ruby Crystal early and finish the Aegis of Legion it builds into later, after I have my damage items. Grab the items you need early and build what you think you need in order of importance.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

I play Pantheon as a bursty initiator. At my elo (1600) I'm not normally paired with true initiators very often, but if I am that means I can build less defense. But with his jump stun combined with passive, he's still fine as one - Especially if your team is tower diving someone, blocking two strait tower shots = woo. But I rarely melee; Mostly poke with Spear, and after a combo they either run or are dead so I'm only getting 1-2 auto attacks in. So I don't worry for life steal or crit damage. Instead I focus defense, AD, and Armor Pen.

I believe that getting ahead early is what's important, and not worrying about a final build. I agree with the guy that says Frozen Mallet is not the best option for him, but it normally is the best upgrade off a Giants Belt (Which is an awesome mid game item).

I start Prospector's + Boots + Red Pots (If we have a different initiator, I start Prospector's + Long Sword)

Assuming a balanced AP/AD mix on the other team, I then fill out my inventory with these mid tier (Sub-2k gold) items:
Brutalizer
Ninja Tabi
Giant's Belt
Hexdrinker
Chainmail

Order depends on how the match is going and how much gold I have back at base.

If team isn't balanced, then I swap Chainmail for a Null Cloak (-> QSS or Odyn's Veil, depending if they have suppress/etc) if AP and Hexdrinker for another Chainmail (-> Thornmail, FH, or Omen depending on situation) if they are AD.

Not much damage items but burst still does a ton of damage (21/9/0 masteries and AD red/quints also for damage), and I can initiate without worrying about being blown up instantly.

I'm normally able to finish that at about level 14/12 minutes into the game (I took a 10 game sample size in lolrecorder once and looked to see what my gold income was to know when I could buy what, not a huge sample size but good enough to get an idea)

At that point

1) Upgarde Chainmail to Atma
2) Upgrade Brutalizer to Youmou (Or sell Brutalizer for LW if they are very tanky)

Which you'll get roughly when you hit 18 (Total final build: ~10k). By this point the game is very normally over.

If it's not, upgrade Giant's Belt to Frozen Mallet. If the game goes on my build does start to get outdated, by it's so rare for that to happen that I care more about mid-game equipment then stuff like I.E. (Who's flat stats make it probably the best offensive item for panth even with rare auto attacks, but just costs so much money)

Cauldrath

02-12-2012

What do you guys think about runes and masteries? I'm currently running armor pen marks, armor seals, mostly flat CDR glyphs with some mr, a flat CDR quint, (just shy of 6 CDR total, so the 4% from masteries makes 10) and 2 AD/lvl quints. I'm thinking of swapping out the AD/lvl quints for either spell vamp or armor pen.

I also usually use a 22/8/0 page where I skip Alacrity, but I'm considering 12/7/11 or 19/0/11 for spell vamp. Those two changes would give me 7% spell vamp and I could sacrifice some CDR for 9%.

So, the real question: spell vamp on Panth or AD casters in general? Brackhar said he didn't want to give spell vamp options to AD casters, because it was too powerful - is it true?

Melvear

02-12-2012

I run Arpen marks and quints, armor yellows and mr/lvl glyphs, with 15/15/0 masteries for maximum cdr (12% at level 18). It also makes me slightly tankier and I don't feel like it gimps my damage output much.

This way it's also very easy to almost max cdr with just brutalizer and 1 15% item (Ionian boots or Glacial Shroud usually)

The problem with actually getting spell vamp is that there's ap on items with it, which would only benefit the damage on Aegis and his ult (but really, who gets hit by pantheon ult?) In theory it'd be great to be able to vamp but practically, it's not feasible. And 7% won't get you much, considering you wouldn't get full benefit on HSS since it's an aoe, you wouldn't get much more than 100-150 hp back from a 1 on 1 fight.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

the spellvamp from the mastery is too low unless you get runes + some in game spellvamp. Which isn't really worth it on him.

As for friendly above, not only did I build defense before the frozen mallet, I built badly that game, and the frozen mallet pretty much cost us the win. I can say for sure that it was me who ****ed up by building badly. There are situations where frozen mallet first is viable, but in general its

ruby+long+boots start, phage+brutaliser+ionian/merc, then you look at the situation and make judgements. Early armour stacking (common at high ELO), get early last whisper. No armour stacking? Probably going to need either a negatron or a hexdrinker. No huge magic burst but still some threat? Aegis works great here. AD champion running away with the game? Chain vest for later.

Ensign

02-12-2012

Prospector's Blade, Brutalizer, Phage every game. After that everything is fluid. I do agree he needs to get tanky later in the game, once he starts to fall off, to remain relevant, but early game should be a big stack of long swords.

brossef

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
....These builds so god **** bad.

IE
LW
Brutalizer
Ionian Boots
Atma's
Defense

CDR, damage, defense. Crits for your autos when you do need to use them. Damage boost on your auto to guarantee dead anyone.
i would highly recomend you stay away from this build, panth does not need IE the only time ur spear can crit is when there below 15% health, it doesnt crit above that. IE is far to expensive,and if you dont build any more crit ur wasting many of its stats because you only have like 25% crit chance, ie is very bad unless you get sustained autoattacks of, and all ur really buying it for is the below 15% health crit which when there that low all you need is one auto and a spear. and it takes far to long to build.

wasted stats are wasted

Mindllapse

02-12-2012

go sauron style and get boots with 50 longswords and upgrade them into brut/hex/phage/etc