Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does one build Pantheon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FriendlyRaid

02-11-2012

Quote:
Prometheius:

IE
LW
Brutalizer
Ionian Boots
Atma's
Defense

This build is pretty expensive and lacks any HP or defense. You get CC'd once and you're probably focused and dead. It's also around 13K which you'll very rarely see in a typical game of Dominion. You'll usually only see around 10K-11K in most games.

My personal build, while I do not claim it's the best, focuses around Armor Pen, CDR, and survivability. It's also only 11K and every time you recall or die there will always be something you can buy.

Prospector's Blade
Brutalizer
Youmoo's Ghostblade
Aegis of Legion
Sanguine Blade / Black Cleaver (cleaver if the enemy is stacking armor, otherwise sanguine)
Ninja Tabi / Mercury Treads (dependent on the enemy team's DPS champs)

Flat Armor Pen stacks with your runes and the CDR from Brutalizer and Ghostblade stack as well. If you get more than 11K, than you can swap out the Prospector's Blade for a Sanguine or Cleaver, which ever one you don't have yet.

If we were living in fantasy land and could build something expensive, than an ultimate Panth build would look something like this.

Atma's Impaler
Frozen Mallet
Infinity Edge
Youmoo's Ghostblade
Hexdrinker / Trinity Force
(trinity would make this build around 17K, hex is only 15K)
Mercury Treads

This gives you good HP, decent defense, and you would hit like a ton of bricks. You might actually be able to build this in an ARAB game.

Just my two cents.

Melvear

02-11-2012

The problem I see with mallet is that it's terribly cost ineffective with Pantheon. Using Giant's Belt and BFS as basis for cost, you pay 712g for the passive, which you really have no need for. It's not activated through Spear Throw, and with maxed cdr, Aegis will be off cooldown fast enough to close the gap that maybe have been created if the enemy is running away.
Furthermore, Ghostblade is also a poor choice on Pantheon, since he's not an AA champion. Sure he'll get 1-2 in there from time to time, but you don't benefit much from the crit and active. Same goes for any lifesteal items. You just don't benefit from them enough to warrant the cost.

Pantheon benefits from few stats: Damage, armor penetration, cdr, mana, defensive stats.
As such, you want to focus on items which provide those stats and only those stats, as much as possible.
Prospector blade provides 20 ad and 200 hp, 1248g worth of stats for 950g. It also includes lifesteal but we've established that we don't really care about it, and the item is efficient even without it.
Brutalizer is a no brainer. Damage, penetration and cdr, it's a must buy on any ad character.
From there, you must take into account what the other team has. Lots of AD? Atma and Glacial Shroud should be bought. You get AD and Armor from Atma (2164g worth if you have 2k hp) and Glacial shroud covers most of the cdr you need to get you to the cap while also giving you precious mana and armor.
If they have lots of AP then you'll want a Hexdrinker (AD+MR, no wasted stats). Other MR items aren't great picks on pantheon. You could go with Spirit Visage since you want mr, hp and cdr. It's a neat package and it's fairly cheap but you waste gold on a fairly pointless passive. Odyn's could be a superior option. HP, mana, magic resist and an ok active. There's also Merc threads which are always good considering most good dom champions pack CC.

Finally you want to see if they are stacking armor. Yes? Last Whisper. No? Trinity. You do waste stats on trinity, but the proc is worth it by a mile.

So end game your build would look something like this:

Prospector
Brutalizer
Hexdrinker/atma
Merc Threads/Ionian
Glacial Shroud/Spirit Visage/Odyn's
Last Whisper/Trinity

This should run between 10k and 12.5k gold, which is reasonable in most games.

Talamare

02-11-2012

Sculpted out of Gold created from the urine of a GOD
Placed on Pedestal made of Agarwood from the feces of a GOD
Chiseled with the Marble made from the ***** of a GOD

THAT GOOD SIR

IS HOW DOTH THOU BUILD A PANTHEON

Lemurialol

02-11-2012

Ionian Boots
Brutalizer
Hexdrinker
Aegis
Impaler

Glorious Bird

02-11-2012

Brutalizer and Fratma.

Situational Hexdrinker makes sense.

SoSalty

02-12-2012

Quote:
Whi:
Here is a question. How can you buy Bloodthirsters in dom?

You can't buy Bloodthirsters on Dominion. My phrase was directed towards the dissimilarities between the two items. Stacking Bloodthirsters on Pantheon is a workable build idea on Classic.

Sanguine Blades do not have the same stacking feature; however, it still provides AD and Life Steal which are important stats to Pantheon in my opinion. I was wondering if it was still effective to stack Sanguine Blades regardless of the fact their passives don't stack the same way Bloodthirsters' passives stack.

KrYoS

02-12-2012

Prospectors > Boots of Speed > Brutalizer > T2 boots (choice) > Phage > Giants Belt > Frozen Mallet > Atmas > then it depends.. usually Hexdrinker, Youmuu's, Sanguine Blade, LW or some other defensive item.

RealWolf M

02-12-2012

ouch. So much bad idea's here.

90% of the time finishing frozen mallet is a waste, getting a mallet before defense is just stupid, you will melt and not do damage

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

02-12-2012

This is how I USUALLY build him...

Start with brutalizer. If I need HP I will go blade and boots. Build his boots accordingly to their team. Then I go phage. If they are heavy defense I will go last whisper. If not, I will finish my last whisper. Sometimes you may need a hextech, sometimes you may not. It honestly depends on the other team comp.

Glorious Bird

02-12-2012

Quote:
RealWolf M:
ouch. So much bad idea's here.

90% of the time finishing frozen mallet is a waste, getting a mallet before defense is just stupid, you will melt and not do damage

Depends on the enemy. Block and belt is ample survivability against an AD heavy team.