Gangplank or Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kercmerk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Currently when I play 3v3's, I usually either run Lee Sin, Volibear, Graves or Ryze, depending on what type of champ we need. Recently I've been interested in Gangplank and Nidalee for TT, but I wasn't sure which one would be the best.

Nidalee interests me due to having two skills per ability (one in human form, one in animal form), similar to Lee Sin. GP however, is pretty viable from what I've heard on TT - strong passive, E + Aegis works really well, good farm, dragon presence, etc.

Which champion would be more suitable for 3's? I usually play with 2 other friends and we try to have one tanky champ and at least one AP, the other usually AD carry. I play whatever role we need, but out of these two which would be the most viable?

Thanks in advance.

(Also, if you can recommend any other 3150 champs let me know.)

BloodDrum

02-11-2012

if you have trouble in laning with skill shots, go nid, gp hurts but if you want someone you go ad or ap go nidalee, but!

if you want to decidie between fun and you can get used to it, harras assists and sight with your W nid on 3s or 5s is really nice, even dom you see the backdoors and stealthies
GL up me if you like

pochoclotot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Nidalee's awesome if you are good with skillshots, but she's a little harder to learn than gp (she has a double skill set with her cougar form). GP is a strong champion, but he is kind of dull to play and set on a role, Nid on the other hand is far more versatile and can do different things for your team. I'd go with her.

Other great 3150 champions are Olaf, Akali and Udyr. Olaf is an outstanding 1v1 champion (if done right you could even 1v1 a tryndamere in even conditions), Akali has a decent dmg output with outstanding mobility (She's usually a nerfing target for riot though), and Udyr has great dmg, a reliable CC and is a great chaser. Of all these champions my top picks would be Nidalee and Olaf. Good luck bro, if you need any help hit me up in game.

Tiberius Steele

02-11-2012

GP is a better pick 9 times out of 10

kercmerk

02-11-2012

I'm not necessarily looking for the easier champ, I like a good challenge, but I'm looking for one that's viable. Preferrably Nidalee if she is fairly decent, and her dmg output is still good. However, if she was nerfed (only been playing for 1~ month) then I'd probably just go with GP.

So, is Nidalee's dmg still pretty good?

Edit: Also, in most videos I've seen her CD on her animal abilities are fairly short, but according to wiki I believe they have all been upped to about 5 seconds. Does this nerf her animal abilities relatively hard?

Sam

02-11-2012

Nidalee is overall good, but gp is just too strong!

Boo

02-11-2012

gp is always a safe pick.

Tactileneck

02-12-2012

Gp's passive + jungle ganks is just unfair. There isn't a situation I could think of aside from some unorthodox Shaco box + Teemo mushroom + Nidalee trap comp that I would take Nidalee