Bad-Team-Proof heroes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speusippus

07-24-2010

Which heroes are the best ones to play as if you want to be as immune from the effects of bad teamwork as possible?

I find that Karthus and Corki are awesome--as long as your team is working together. Otherwise, not so much.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

mmm, If you have a terrible teamplay you can't win unless the other team have an even worse teamplay.

Don't really undestand your question.

You mean imba heroes? that can go like a rambo bad ass 1 on 3? None. (maybe fed xin until he gets nerfed)

Do you mean heros hard to kill, with some kind of disable, noob friendly? (stuns, silences, ensnares on his own) Maybe Taric.

Do you mean champions easy to play? maybe Ashe, Yi (both too squishy) Mordekaiser? (spam qwqewqe like a maniac to recharge your shield and ult ignite when you see a low hp) Alistair (you need flash to play it properly, and can be a bit tricky, the rest of the time just engage in front of your team like a bad ass into a glorius blaze of enemy fire and tap R)

IMO You really need teamwork at least a little bit if you plan to do something, gank, push, anything.

OK, and if you feel like the ubber pro. Just pick a hard carry, and lead your team to the victory. Ace the enemy team and spam /d /l /t when you are about to destroy the nexus.

LucentCross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

If your team plays worse than the other team, you'll most likely lose. I don't think a champ exists that can carry a bad team vs a good team. If you're worried about your KDA, then I'd recommend Tryndamere with Ghost/Cleanse. You can usually pull a decent KDA out of a bad match because you're just so hard to kill.

I Stack Dodge

07-25-2010

So far the best bad team-proof heroes are either supports or assasins.

Supports like soraka and taric can change a game but these typically require you to duo que.

Assasins like twitch & shaco can completely dominate a team picking them off 1 by 1. Frustrating the opposing team causing them to rage and become unorganized.

A well played carry can do the same but you rely a little more on your team. Heimer is also a GREAT addition to a team if played well. he can dominate a solo lane. Create a safe zone for your team. and once he gets zhonyas survive a 3 man gank inside his safe zone.

a good tryn can change the game as well although his bad early game can be rough.

Genuwine21

07-25-2010

well two things to note, first some characters can be built to be very different from expected, particularly when you are facing new players. For example, AP Nunu is a fun choice and can wreck an opposing team... or a good DPS Nasus, or a really impressive Tryn (late game) or Twitch (if other team is dumb about wards). Honestly it all comes down to playstyle. No champ is really a ridiculous solo character, if a team is good enough they can shut you down. But if you are a really good player you can do some crazy things. One thing to consider is picking a champ that has 2 big qualities, low cooldowns, and a decent amount of physical or magical damage (with this you want a decent AP ratio). That way you can keep fighting and do lots of damage

5n4k3

07-26-2010

I'd say in general play a carry and take mid. Ashe for example can carry a team if fed, and as mid if you can get some early ganks it almost makes you unstoppable if you continue to snowball.

Ekitchi

07-26-2010

Champions that can carry through bad team-play:

Pushers with good escape, use your team as distraction to push (don't forget to ward the jungle next to the lane you push to see them coming).
Pushing an enemy tower is a viable way to defend your own tower provided you push fast enough (it will force at least some of them to back to defend, and lose time walking around).

Shaco seems to be the best for that. He can gank all players wandering alone, can push well and his boxes can serve as temporary wards to see ganks coming.
Nidalee, Yi, Sivir, Kyle are also good example of champions that can take towers fast and get away well with ganks.

Note that: Guinso's Rageblade is probably the most efficient item in the game in terms of dps to towers.

Teleport is a good summoner spell for that, when they come for a gank you tp to the lane on the other side and take an other tower. It also allow you to counter gank effectively and always be where you are the most needed (especially important if you are the best player on the team).
Ghost seems to be a must have to get away safely, (still need wards to get away before you get stuned, snared or silenced).

Rabbio

07-26-2010

I enjoy "stomping" with Taric. I just let my team know to let me go in, and they'll try to focus me down.

-I tend to feign being "bad" by eating one tower hit without creeps, and staying at about 3/4 health. Or feign rushing into battle, then back off back to my team. Basically try my best to bait their team out from under the tower.

-Taric's ultimate has a (relatively) non-flashy graphic and makes him VERY survivable. It also increases your team's damage. Since I'm at 3/4th health, the enemy team usually tries to focus me and I giggle while healing it all up. By the time they realize they cannot kill me, two or three of them have died to my teammates. (In comparison, everyone can see Alistar's big swirly runes of DON'T ATTACK ME.)

-Can tank a tower without minions and backdoor fairly well with little to no help.

-Can stun a heavy enemy dps, and heal teammates quite well.

By the time the enemy team realizes they need to adjust attack targets, we've won 2 or more teamfights and have plenty of extra gold. Taric's ultimate + stun + heal also means you really can't afford to *not* focus him. >

SethCypher

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbio View Post
I enjoy "stomping" with Taric. I just let my team know to let me go in, and they'll try to focus me down.

-I tend to feign being "bad" by eating one tower hit without creeps, and staying at about 3/4 health. Or feign rushing into battle, then back off back to my team. Basically try my best to bait their team out from under the tower.

-Taric's ultimate has a (relatively) non-flashy graphic and makes him VERY survivable. It also increases your team's damage. Since I'm at 3/4th health, the enemy team usually tries to focus me and I giggle while healing it all up. By the time they realize they cannot kill me, two or three of them have died to my teammates. (In comparison, everyone can see Alistar's big swirly runes of DON'T ATTACK ME.)

-Can tank a tower without minions and backdoor fairly well with little to no help.

-Can stun a heavy enemy dps, and heal teammates quite well.

By the time the enemy team realizes they need to adjust attack targets, we've won 2 or more teamfights and have plenty of extra gold. Taric's ultimate + stun + heal also means you really can't afford to *not* focus him. >
Focusing Taric down? What?

Genuwine21

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5n4k3 View Post
I'd say in general play a carry and take mid. Ashe for example can carry a team if fed, and as mid if you can get some early ganks it almost makes you unstoppable if you continue to snowball.
Something to note, if you are mid you have to be good... since this determines where momentum will shift if teams are pretty even. Problem with Ashe if you are newer is her lack of damage and low health.. though she is an awesome mid because of her CCs, be aware that it is pretty easy to gank her if you are not paying attention...

Personally I like Nunu mid, since he has healing and if you give him some AP he does solid damage... also neutralizes Heimer or Shaco's turrets... and with an oracle Teemo's shrooms.