OUCH My bottom Hurts-Cho'Gath Bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Making Vorpal Spikes a legitimate source of sustained damage with some attack speed is a solid idea regardless of matchup, however. Highest base AD at 18 with a very good AoE autoattack steroid will do that. Consider Revolver in such cases. Sure, it's AoE, but you get vamp for free on every autoattack, and you should be attacking at least once per second with a Wit's End. Combine with passive, good base values and AP scaling on your Q and W, and the usual tanky items to make each point of health vamped more valuable, and it's actually pretty nice.

I actually stopped getting RoA on Cho. Catalyst is great as always for bot, but straight rush RoA delays crucial resists and CDR too much in my experience.

If you're going to be relying more on your nuking power, get CDR. Just do it. Makes me rage so **** hard when I see Cho's building straight AP or tanky AP and not getting any CDR until the game's nearly over or something ridiculous like that, and predictably, they usually haven't performed well.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

He is a nice counter to promote, but that has died as a summoner spell since the NESL's were streamed :S

DoctorEvolution

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedLife View Post
He is a nice counter to promote, but that has died as a summoner spell since the NESL's were streamed :S
I never liked promote all that much. Its most useful if you can kill the other person in lane then use it :/.

Does Chogath counter anyone specific? I haven't seen him since the hextech gunblade nerf.

SoSalty

02-12-2012

Promote still has its uses. If they have a bot lane that isn't too good at killing creeps, then by all means get it. Sometimes, it's needed to force bad fights on the enemy bot lane.

Anyway, back to Chogath. I would suggest rushing Rod of Ages regardless because the passive is so useful all game and you want it to scale. If I were to play Chogath bot, my standard build would look something like:

Catalyst + Health Pot start. Build RoA, boots, Revolver + Prospector's Ring, finish boots and buy Hextech Sweeper, build to counter enemy be it Frozen Heart or Thornmail(not both)/Sunfire Cape/Zhonya's/FoN/Abyssal/Spirit Visage/Odyn's Veil, finish WoTA.

List of champions I think Chogath would be a good counter pick to: Malzahar, Heimerdinger, Yorick, Xerath, Katarina

v4v3nd3774

02-12-2012

I think your build is a bit awkward, and your skilling needs to be much more dependant on your matchup like Hobocop said.

There are really three routes that are optimal for Cho as a build; full tank, ap tank or on-hit/as tank and it feels like you're trying to do a combination of the last two. I would suggest either 1) cata>boots1>chain vest or negatron depending on lane>mercs or tabi>abysal or zhonya>odyns(not roa)>fh if you need additional armor, else void/deathcap with mpen/armor/mr/ms runes OR 2) cata>boots1> chain vest or two nullmagic mantles depending on lane>mercs or tabi>wit's end or atmas>atmas or wit's end>fh or odyns depending on lane>odyns>situational with aspeed/armor/mr/ms runes. 1) is centered around ap 2) is centered around making great use of your high base AD, wits end damage, vorpal spikes and bonus AD from atmas you get from cata/odyns+R with attack speed.

lbgsloan

02-12-2012

I don't really like Cho bot, as he mainly just causes stalemates 1v1 and leaves bottom in the hands of the team with the better ganking. His kit is more valuable up top where tanky mages generally compliment all the AD.

Panwar

02-12-2012

So I tried Cho bot last night. And what I found is that he pushes really well, is a very strong 1v1er early game. But he deals with ganks and 2v1 very poorly.

I've held off 2v1 with Alistar/Warwick/Karthus regularly and even 3 and 4 v1 with Alistar. But even building tank items at the start Cho just seems squishy. And while Ring someone can make them run off sometimes anyone with a good amount of burst or sustain it seems just takes him out. He has great sustain in-lane with creeps to kill. But just duking it out with someone doesn't seem to go as well.

I was building
FH
FoN
Merc treads
And then I kinda didn't know where to go.

I think if I try it again I'l go FH and SV like I do on WW and then maybe an aegis or Wit's End depending on where I feel I need to go.

Until the ganks started coming though he was EXTREMELY successful against Morde and Kennan. They didn't even have a chance really.