Challenge: Tank team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tio Shadow

02-11-2012

Hey guys!

I noticed something while playing dominion lately, sorry if someone already posted something about it.

Tanky characters (be it 'true' tanks or tanky dps) can be a pain in dominion. While I'm not at a high elo (around 1400), it's not that hard to see stuff like an Amumu pulling a double or triple kill under his tower all by himself (with garrison and tower splash damage) if the enemies are foolish enough to attack him. A well built Rammus or Allistar can hold a tower for quite a long time as well (I know Rammus is usually banned on draft, but you get my point).

Even though it may seem the other way around, the crystal scar aura works a lot in the sense of making the squishies easy to kill for a defensive character that has poor attack abilities.

So, would things get hard for the other team if you pick a team with a lot of tanks and manage to get a hold on 3 or 4 towers at some point in the game?

What's your opinion on this? A team composed of 3 or 4 tanky champs to defend and a damage dealer like Akali (even better with stealth to avoid getting killed in the jungle) to roam the map and gank people while they are busy fighting the defenders would be a good team?

I'd like to ask if anyone with a 5-man premade would like to try this a couple of times and tell the results.

tl;dr : Someone pick a team with a lot of tanks and one damage dealer and tell me what happens.

Mibuwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

I have tried something similar to what you are asking: team tank vs team squish.

team tank won. I'm thinking it really had to do with the number of CC on both teams.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

in draft the team i was on got rolled by a team of amumu, alistar, singed, rammus ( why wasnt he banned ffs ), and soraka ...

they would never die and when they got close to death amumu just aoe ulted. lol

Tio Shadow

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibuwolf View Post
I have tried something similar to what you are asking: team tank vs team squish.

team tank won. I'm thinking it really had to do with the number of CC on both teams.
Maybe, but tanks can usually survive until CC wears off and then try to fight back. However, if you manage to CC a couple of squishies under a garrisoned tower, they're gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
in draft the team i was on got rolled by a team of amumu, alistar, singed, rammus ( why wasnt he banned ffs ), and soraka ...

they would never die and when they got close to death amumu just aoe ulted. lol
DAT ULT. I never got such a team roster, but it should be a nightmare to drop these guys xD