playing as udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alphasquirrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

I recently bought this champ because he looked awesome. I've read a few guides and tried following them; i got owned massively. Decided to try a few practice games with to get used to some of the builds, did fine; went back into normal and got owned again. Any tips for using this champion?

Also the current item build i'm following is:

Ruby Crystal
Longsword
Phage
Normal Boots
Dagger
Beserkers Greaves *
Dagger
Brawlers Claws
Zeal
Sapphire Crystal
Amplifying Tome
Sheen
TRIFORCE
Dagger
Brawlers Claws
Zeal
Dagger
Cloak of Agility
PHANTOM DANCER

from this guide: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=33607

Also i'm trying to max out turtle first.

Raster1

07-24-2010

Udyr is not your tipical "follow this build" champion. For starters - he is exceptionally melee with no ranged attacks, unlike other melee champions with leaps, charges, and throwing thingies. You don't have the luxury to harass with Udyr, thus getting close to your enemy without advantage is not recommended (ex. early game the turtle shield is a big advantage, especially against Zilean's bombs).
As for items, rule of thumb - build according to your enemy and what your team requires: Udyr can be anything, from a tanky initiator to a tower pusher and champion killer. Going for a more tanky build you do not deny Udyr damage, he is still able to put up a good punch.

Udyr is the carries' carry.

Fyre Nation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2010

^ Agreed.
And also, No offense to teh legend of udyr writer, but its outdated last i checked <3

noodle0117

07-24-2010

with udyr you could go pretty much any item path (AP, AS, Damage, Tank, ect.) and still come out good. Sheen however, should be rushed imo since the extra burst damage is just too awesome to give up.

alphasquirrel

07-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raster1 View Post
Udyr is not your tipical "follow this build" champion. For starters - he is exceptionally melee with no ranged attacks, unlike other melee champions with leaps, charges, and throwing thingies. You don't have the luxury to harass with Udyr, thus getting close to your enemy without advantage is not recommended (ex. early game the turtle shield is a big advantage, especially against Zilean's bombs).
As for items, rule of thumb - build according to your enemy and what your team requires: Udyr can be anything, from a tanky initiator to a tower pusher and champion killer. Going for a more tanky build you do not deny Udyr damage, he is still able to put up a good punch.

Udyr is the carries' carry.
Yea i kinda figured that considering i see him very rarely in games. But anyways, since he's pretty weak pvp during his first few levels would you recommend jungling? Thanks for this btw.

Back2Bassics

07-24-2010

A lot of guides will poo-poo on Tiger stance but with the changes it's actually very good. You can stack AD and some ArPen and nuke their health down. An early brutalizer with levels in Tiger, Turtle, and Bear (1 point only) early on make for a balanced "carry-type" hero. That's just one way though. @_@