Dom Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrometheanRage

02-11-2012

Hmm. I seem to run unusual builds. Totally agree that Leona needs a team and max CDR - then she can feed carries like no other.

The way I go, though, is 11% worth of scaling CDR runes, 8.4% in defense. Then I max my shield first and rush a frozen mallet - resistance + health for good tankiness. Frozen Heart will cap CDR after that, add armor, and with good teamwork the game often ends soon after. If it were to go on, I would generally grab more defensive stats - perhaps an Aegis or Hexdrinker or something.

Honestly, I find mallet to be so strong on someone like Leona - not only do I have stuns, immobilizes, and gap closers, once I hit you, you are never going to get away. (Unless you can blink or Flash, of course.) My carries can attack freely, the enemy can't get away from me, and turning to fight me in my tanky splendor is pointless. (I play Malphite much the same way, too.)

1350ish elo, so take it for what it's worth, though. It has been very successful for me, WHEN my team follows through.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

everyone needs a team

what kind of stupid nothing statement is that

leona is awful. people only play her because she has breasts and someone like maokai doesn't.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2012

Yes, leona is awful when your team or you are awful

Kolos1001

02-11-2012

Mpen reds/armor yellows/MR per level blues/HP or movement speed quints.

I go 0/22/8 getting cooldown per level masteries and movement speed. Start with kindlegem and boots. get merc treds and glacial shroud. Upgrade kindlegem to whatever is needed then upgrade to frozen heart. If there's time remaining get a odins veil.

Remember to use actives and that health packs restore mana as well. Stick with your team and CC the carries. Your E will jump to the last person it hits so be careful. Don't worry about spacing out your skills because your passive will proc every time if you have a non-retarded team. If you have a retarded team you are bound to lose no matter what champ you picked.

Skill order to level: 1 in each at the start then W->E->Q

Skill order to use when initiating:
W->E->Q->R
R->W->E->Q

Try to delay caps as long as possible with your aoe skills and kite like crazy for distraction.

The Magus

02-12-2012

Thanks for the advice all (except for maybe jars who might have a reading comprehension problem...). I just had a FANTASTIC Dom Leona game just now taking all this advice to heart. Early game skirmishes seemed to go as well as could be expected. I'd get in, disrupt, and get out, usually getting killed at the very end but the rest of my team was able to win the fight pretty easily because of their focus and blood thirst it seemed. Ended the game with a mercs, hextech sweeper (they had an akali who had to be frustrated to no end to see that), zekes, trinity force, and was trying to decide what item to get next with little success :P Maybe a randuins for the armor, as at that point I was over the CDR, but they weren't really a heavy AA team, just a decent amount of AD damage. In hindsight maybe a FoN would have been a better direction since they had Ziggs, Son, and Akali, and a frozen heart or randuins wouldn't have really hurt their Garen much beyond the desirable armor.

MrMundungu

02-12-2012

Your success with Leona in Dominion does rely on your damage-dealers being able to recognize when Leona shuts a key champion down, and capitalize on it. When they do, she's a massive team fight presence. If not, she tends to become a feeder (capable of 1v1 squishies, and that's about it).

Outside of team fight, her skills are all as good at peeling enemies off a point as they are off your allies.

btw, if enemy Nocturne uses his ult nearby, run to your allied Leona if you can and its pretty much Nocturne immunity.

Kolos1001

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
Thanks for the advice all (except for maybe jars who might have a reading comprehension problem...). I just had a FANTASTIC Dom Leona game just now taking all this advice to heart. Early game skirmishes seemed to go as well as could be expected. I'd get in, disrupt, and get out, usually getting killed at the very end but the rest of my team was able to win the fight pretty easily because of their focus and blood thirst it seemed. Ended the game with a mercs, hextech sweeper (they had an akali who had to be frustrated to no end to see that), zekes, trinity force, and was trying to decide what item to get next with little success :P Maybe a randuins for the armor, as at that point I was over the CDR, but they weren't really a heavy AA team, just a decent amount of AD damage. In hindsight maybe a FoN would have been a better direction since they had Ziggs, Son, and Akali, and a frozen heart or randuins wouldn't have really hurt their Garen much beyond the desirable armor.
Odins veil has a nice active and gives you health which is important.

Mlyy

02-12-2012

when I played her when she was free I had success as a pure tank. I rolled with someone at all times though. I didn,t bother solo defending if no one seemed to be comming. more often than not it's best to just let them take it quietly and not give them a kill.

in any case I think she's great in dom but not running around solo. her ap damage is okay though, nothing special but it can get the job done.

Ensign

02-12-2012

There are a lot of older tanks that can do the same job as Leona that can also kill people.

They aren't nearly as fun to play as Leona, but they sure are more effective.

Ascleph

02-12-2012

no other tank can keep someone permanently locked down like leona, they distrupt in different ways. The only tank thats similar to leona is amumu and he is not more effective than her in dominion.

Are there other tanks that are more effective than leona in general? Of course, Alistar for example, but he doesnt really do her job.