What is the current meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlouchKlown

02-11-2012

For TT? Theres a small local tournament being held for 3s, and since i havent played 3s since i was a low level summoner, ive totally lost touch. Any suggestions, and any DO NOT EVER PICK FOR 3s suggestions are gladly welcome too

SlouchKlown

02-11-2012

bump

Saiyushu

02-11-2012

The current meta is 1 ad solo, 1 ap solo, and jungler. Or 2 bruiser solos and jungle.

However, if you're not used to it, i recommend avoiding the jungle and just have a duo lane.

Stack high tier champions, they can be found on Sam's tier list

Tldr: get bruisers, have at least 1 smite (even without jungler), avoid using support and ranged ad

SlouchKlown

02-11-2012

awesome, thats a great help, thanks

AmishBreakfast

02-11-2012

I love TT and I play it as often as SR and CS. Here's the meta in a nutshell, if that nutshell was big and wordy and not worth reading:

Players pick from a limited menu of champs. In every game, at least 3 of 6 will be playing:
Cait, Fiddle, Jax, Lee Sin, Yi, Panth, Shaco, Teemo, Tryn, Twitch, or WW

But you will also see a lot of: Mundo, Ez, Poppy, Singed, Vayne, and Xin

If u pick anyone else and u will get reported by your teammates for intentional feeding before you even buy your gear.

phase 1: Everyone runs to bot mid bush and have an absurd lvl1 teamfight.

phase 2: after that fight, the teams splits into a solotop + a duobot with everyone participating in ganks.

I'm not sure why it's not the reverse, since top lane has reach to all the buffs and bot is less gankable since it can only be attacked from above.

phase 3: losing team hides behind 2nd turret, while winning team has a monopoly on jungle and feeds and wards. Then they make a big Disney movie style comeback or die trying.

EDIT: olaf, corki, and occasionally gragas get some play too

Savagê

02-11-2012

1 of you get smite, free red all game

Sam

02-11-2012

"Players pick from a limited menu of champs. In every game, at least 3 of 6 will be playing:
Cait, Fiddle, Jax, Lee Sin, Yi, Panth, Shaco, Teemo, Tryn, Twitch, or WW"

Incorrect. Most of the champs on tgod-t3 is what most players play on my list.
Saiyushu ^ is correct.

AmishBreakfast

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm View Post
"Players pick from a limited menu of champs. In every game, at least 3 of 6 will be playing:
Cait, Fiddle, Jax, Lee Sin, Yi, Panth, Shaco, Teemo, Tryn, Twitch, or WW"

Incorrect. Most of the champs on tgod-t3 is what most players play on my list.
Saiyushu ^ is correct.
I don't know what a "tgod-t3" is.

Also, in between me first posting and returning to post this, I played three games and they all went exactly as I said. BUT the meta might be different at different levels of play. People with skill might do the two solos and jungle. People as bad as me do it as I described.

Anyone know any decent streams that feature a lot of high-rank TT?

Xin Kaishek

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBreakfast View Post
I don't know what a "tgod-t3" is.

Also, in between me first posting and returning to post this, I played three games and they all went exactly as I said. BUT the meta might be different at different levels of play. People with skill might do the two solos and jungle. People as bad as me do it as I described.

Anyone know any decent streams that feature a lot of high-rank TT?
Sub 30 unranked generally goes PRECISELY as you described! Uncannily so, actually! Well done summing up the "noob meta". I'm not yet 30 but my understanding is that in ranked games you see more of both lanes soloing with a jungle OR even top lane getting two on two and bottom lane getting one on one or ignored for half the game while its occupant jungles and ganks.

BTW: I would also like to see some TT ranked streams. That would be awesome.

SharkPiledriver

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishbreakfast View Post
i love tt and i play it as often as sr and cs. Here's the meta in a nutshell, if that nutshell was big and wordy and not worth reading:

players pick from a limited menu of champs. in every game, at least 3 of 6 will be playing:
Cait, fiddle, jax, lee sin, yi, panth, shaco, teemo, tryn, twitch, or ww

but you will also see a lot of: Mundo, ez, poppy, singed, vayne, and xin

if u pick anyone else and u will get reported by your teammates for intentional feeding before you even buy your gear.

phase 1: everyone runs to bot mid bush and have an absurd lvl1 teamfight.

phase 2: after that fight, the teams splits into a solotop + a duobot with everyone participating in ganks.

I'm not sure why it's not the reverse, since top lane has reach to all the buffs and bot is less gankable since it can only be attacked from above.

phase 3: losing team hides behind 2nd turret, while winning team has a monopoly on jungle and feeds and wards. Then they make a big disney movie style comeback or die trying.

Edit: Olaf, corki, and occasionally gragas get some play too
lmfao