Is udyr still powerful in top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keithliu

02-11-2012

Hey guys, how do you think about udyr solo top now? Someone told me he is not good anymore, and I do failed my lane several times, usually I was owned by kennen or garen.
So how do you guys think about udyr solo top?

Hyosun

02-11-2012

I've seen The Rainman from TSM completely overpower Westrice's Riven in top lane. Try looking for "warwick proven to be bad" in solomid.net's video section. The point is that warwick could not pressure top lane at all because he levels so slow in new jungle.

So yeah TRM got Ninja Tabi and Trinity Force and hit SO HARD. Thing is, this TRM we're talking about here.

Keithliu

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyosun View Post
I've seen The Rainman from TSM completely overpower Westrice's Riven in top lane. Try looking for "warwick proven to be bad" in solomid.net's video section. The point is that warwick could not pressure top lane at all because he levels so slow in new jungle.

So yeah TRM got Ninja Tabi and Trinity Force and hit SO HARD. Thing is, this TRM we're talking about here.
Yeah, you cannot say a champion is OP because some pro players play it well.
After his turtle got nerfed, I don't know how to be safe any more.

Crazycaya

02-15-2012

I think he has become obsolete. if you look at the livestreams of the pro's playing ( so you are looking at top skill level) what you see is that udyr does fine in lane then gets crapped on by any of the new champs. So mid game comes and you have one useless guy on your team.

Hyosun

02-15-2012

I think in your specific case Udyr is just going to be outlaned. I had to face Garen recently solo top and was reminded how strong his sustain is. If you don't have ranged harass then you will get into a trading situation with him. I can't think of anything that is as strong as his QE especially early game so you will lose. Kennen can kite udyr all day really, though you might be able to zone him a little bit if you use brush.

Solo top is all about countering your lane because it really boils down to a 1 v 1 situation most of the game ( if your jungler is doing his hw and is taking dragon ). Paper beats rock, scissors beats paper...