AP Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys

07-24-2010

((Excuse me if my items and typing are off-posting from my blackberry at work))

I've been playing Shaco on and off for a while and have tried all sorts of builds. AD, AS/Lifesteal, AS/Crit.

Last I saw AP Shaco for the first time and he owned, I was playing as Annie His stacks of 4 Jitbs in a brush would kill a squishy and nuke a carry enough to a quarter health so he or another player could easily kill him. His shivs also hurt like hell when thrown and his twin exploded for half my health.

So I tried it too. I focused on Jitb traps, and hallucinate explosions, etc. By level 9 I was fed and was 10-0. I had 20 stacks of Mejais by level 12 and had people run away scared. I was around 24-4-18 at the end of the match. This moring I tried again and failed epically.

I leveled as hallucination, jitbs, shiv, deceive. My general build was an arcane book and hp pot and grab my mejais asap. Then sorc boots, mana regen chalice, and go from there into RoA or whatever I need. I'm 9/0/21 and typical magic pen marks, hp/lvl seals, ap glyphs, flat hp quints for runes.

My question is, is this build viable? Was his success and my success flukes? Did I play against crappy players or can AP shaco really be that godly? Any hints on good ap shaco strats or items?

Thanks all!

Psi21

07-24-2010

I play AP shaco. I also play Tanko and AS baron shaco. AP shaco is a lot of fun. There is nests. But I don't find them as fun as nuking with deceive, jib, exhaust, deathfiregrasp, ignite, auto crit and shiv to seal the deal. I usually race deathfiregrasp, sorc boots, meja's and zhongs ring. Runes are 14 Magic Pen. and 45 AP over level. and I get improved exhaust for more Magic pen.

FABIOForever

07-24-2010

He really isn't worth it. If you want a ranged nuke there are a billion other better AP characters to play. Setting up Jack nests takes way too long and no half competent player is going to fall for it.

Anima Libera

07-24-2010

The build is viable. I used to play Super Clone Shaco with Starks, Madreds, Guardian. But now I use AP shaco. Unlike common mispreception, AP shaco should NOT be stacking JITB traps in a bush. You can, but NEVER do it unless you KNOW they are going to pass that spot, e.g. lure. He is really item reliant as well. His core items would definately be Deathfire Grasp and Lichbane.
Here is the skill combo goes, Decieve in, use DFG (it doesn't break stealth), attack with lichbane proc then throw shiv. (PUT down a JITB while stealthed)

Skill Order:

W (get golem)
Q
W
E
W
R
E
E
W
E
W
E
R
(then R over Q)

Psi21

07-24-2010

Don't let others tell you AP Shaco isn't ok to play or fun.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1267/apshaco.jpg

Calys

07-24-2010

Awesome thanks for the feedback all!