Violence solves everything! - Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naesala

07-25-2010

Not so bad of a guide but including snowball items and talking about the right moment to go in and such it isn't something a newbie who reads the guide will know right after he/she has read it, that's why many people won't agree with your item choice (atleast 1 of the reasons).

Eitherway going to back talk those ap kats now. Wth are you talking about? AD kat isn't just in, ulti, shunpo out. AP kat is the guilty one. As AD kat you'll still be effective even if they cancel your ult because your bb will still hit multiple targets and deal x amount of damage to everyone that got hited.

However back to the guide, dodge runes, hmn I don't like them it's like relying at luck. Maybe some extra health or hp/lvl would be better but that's just my opinion.

Garzardael

07-25-2010

Brutalizer reduces the cooldown of every ability and increases your Bouncing Blade damage by a good amount. A worthwhile investment for only 1337 gold.

Al3xander

07-25-2010

Quote:
Anyway when I made this guide I didn't have the newbies in perspective I was thinking about making some advanced guide on how to play her in high elo.
I'm using this build in Arranged Normal and Ranked and I still get out the same values, I always end up with atleast 5 to 10 kills.
No offense.. but what makes you think you are high ELO?

Sharkpower

07-25-2010

You're high ELO and having success getting two snowball items?

Chevalier12

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xander View Post
No offense.. but what makes you think you are high ELO?
Maybe... I think it doesn't matter, there are feeder noobs in higher elo too.

:<

Thats where you want to get it at.

Quote:
You're high ELO and having success getting two snowball items?
Yes, how do you explain 15 victories in a row where I end up having 10/x/x

Quote:
Brutalizer reduces the cooldown of every ability and increases your Bouncing Blade damage by a good amount. A worthwhile investment for only 1337 gold.
1 B.F. Sword tops all that, armor penetration does not affect your skills, only your auto attacks.
The investment is not worthwhile, rather keep the money for your core items.

Garzardael

07-25-2010

Considering Brutalizer gives half of the damage bonus of a B.F. Sword, when a teamfight is right around the corner and you can't afford one, Brutalizer is the way to go.

Ebonclaw

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzardael View Post
It's a cheap item. For a little more than a Pickaxe, you get the same amount of damage, you get 10% CDR which helps immensely by compounding your harass and chase capabilities, AND early game especially, you do a fair bit of auto attacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier12 View Post
1 B.F. Sword tops all that, armor penetration does not affect your skills, only your auto attacks.
The investment is not worthwhile, rather keep the money for your core items.
And if you get forced back to base before you have the 1850g, but you can already see that you need -something-, right now, to be more competitive.... what do you do? Run back with nothing, and beg them to let you farm up 400g more?

I'll point out, that WHEN I went Brut first, I was always side-laning, and I did a Long Sword start. This gave stronger early harass with BB, and made Brut a cheap and easy jump. At some point I started exclusively doing mid, and switched to a Boots start though.

Still, you act like you just magically get 2000g just for being so awesome. If you never have a bad game, and always get tons of money and do really well - why are you not more successful in ladder? It's pointless to only discuss 'best case scenarios', when in reality, you are often best served by accepting the fact that you will simply lose if you run around naked, waiting for your meager gold income to get you a BF. Maybe it's an acknowledgement of the fact that you are already LESS likely to win, if you have to make an item detour - but at least you're doing what you can to improve the situation.

Oh, and pro tip - many skilled Kat players run with Armor Pen runes, to shore up their early presence and try to get FB+ before they even get to Death Lotus.

Chevalier12

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
It's a cheap item. For a little more than a Pickaxe, you get the same amount of damage, you get 10% CDR which helps immensely by compounding your harass and chase capabilities, AND early game especially, you do a fair bit of auto attacking.

And if you get forced back to base before you have the 1850g, but you can already see that you need -something-, right now, to be more competitive.... what do you do? Run back with nothing, and beg them to let you farm up 400g more?

I'll point out, that WHEN I went Brut first, I was always side-laning, and I did a Long Sword start. This gave stronger early harass with BB, and made Brut a cheap and easy jump. At some point I started exclusively doing mid, and switched to a Boots start though.

Still, you act like you just magically get 2000g just for being so awesome. If you never have a bad game, and always get tons of money and do really well - why are you not more successful in ladder? It's pointless to only discuss 'best case scenarios', when in reality, you are often best served by accepting the fact that you will simply lose if you run around naked, waiting for your meager gold income to get you a BF. Maybe it's an acknowledgement of the fact that you are already LESS likely to win, if you have to make an item detour - but at least you're doing what you can to improve the situation.

Oh, and pro tip - many skilled Kat players run with Armor Pen runes, to shore up their early presence and try to get FB+ before they even get to Death Lotus.
You have to be trolling me =/ -- Its like going a store and buying a second hand laptop, when you could've waited until tommorow to buy a better one, js.
I don't go in draft mode because its ****, the ****ties mechanic that ruined this whole game. With the upcoming of season 1, reseting everyone's elo and forcing them to work up again? LOLNOPE, sticking to normal games with my premades, nope.
I'm mad.

Sailor Moon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post

It is not very difficult to farm 1850. Especially on katarina. Learn how to last hit =/

If I am actually forced back pre BF sword I can buy boots and a fort potion.

Armorpen is absolute trash on Katarina.
DONT WORRY I RUN MAGIC PEN ON WARWICK SO I CAN LEECH MORE.

==;

Al3xander

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier12 View Post
Maybe... I think it doesn't matter, there are feeder noobs in higher elo too.

:<

Thats where you want to get it at.

In high elo you will not encounter feeders.
Kat is a easy champ to play, mid or mid-high or high ELO dont rly need to read kat guides. Anyway you go with her she is still kat and plays the same. The ideea is that you should adapt your guide to fit the needs of newbies. Try adding to your guide more complex strategies you use, and more tips for this class of players.