Violence solves everything! - Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chevalier12

07-24-2010

No , not exactly, you get assists, you get stacks.
You get B.F. Swords, you get stacks.
Its very simple, even if you have no stacks on your Levi/Occult, you will still get assists from teamfights, sometimes kills.

It doesn't require you to be fed, it requires you to attend teamfights. Your farming capability is big enough so you can farm your B.F. Swords easily, also you get alot of gold from Assists + Passive.

Click on that link at the bottom of the guide, In all those games I had those 2 snowball items.
Tell me if they're risky if I got that many victories with it in a row, maybe I just know when to go in, get a kill, or play a role in teamfights.. thats what gets me the stacks on the items.

tl;dr stick with your team get stacks

Quote:
also Banshee is always a must for kat, especially if the enemy team is CC heavy.
Not a staple but needed when the enemy team saves CC just for you.

Other than that you just need a brain, you need to know when to go in and drop your Death Lotus.

Anyway, I can't be arsed to tell people why you don't need to get like 50/2/0 to make Occult work, even at 10 stacks it works out. If you're at 10 stacks you can already get more, I can Turret dive people with 10 stacks on Occult and 1 B.F. Sword.

peyo

07-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xander View Post
Going double snowball is a risky thing, and so suggestions like this should not be included in a guide. Snowball items are situational only. You should never get a Mejai/SotO/Leviathan if you are going 0/2 from a bad early game.
I usually go with boots, 2 Bloodthirster, Banshee, something else. You benefit more from a BF early game rather than a SotO, which you may or may not charge, also Banshee is always a must for kat, especially if the enemy team is CC heavy.
why not? Some champs are very easy to get stacks, that's why the sooner you get them, the better... Kat is one of them.

Ebonclaw

07-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier12 View Post
...and 14 Penta kills with Katarina...
Not to troll or anything, but.... riiiiiiiiight.

Chevalier12

07-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Not to troll or anything, but.... riiiiiiiiight.
Yes, most of the time I get all the kills with Death Lotus during teamfights.
Its happened too many times. I haven't gotten any other penta kills lately.
I got those penta kills before season 1, before the cleanse nerf.(Cleanse was soo good xD)

I've been playing Katarina as my main since February 2010, from February to now only 14.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done posting until I record that video I was talking about.
Seems like anything I say results in -1, but its ok.

Al3xander

07-25-2010

1. If the enemy team HAS a brain they will save a stun for you, no matter when you pop in to ult. After you get stunned, youwill regret not getting banshee veil.
2. If the enemy team FOCUSES you during team-fights, you will not have the opportunity to get ANY stacks, and so you will waste money and time needed to complete your build.
3. If the enemy team HAS brain you will not get kills early game to get those stacks. 10 stacks = 5 kills or 10 assists.
4. Don't bother creating a video, or posting pics of your games or anything like that. You may be good with kat, but when you create a guide you create it for other people. You do not create guides to prove to the community you are a good player.
5. If newbies read your guide, they will follow your item build no matter if they go 0/10 or 10/0, this is why mejai/levi should not be included in the item build. Think about them when you are creating a guide.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Okay, so general consensus is that Rylai's is trash. I usually throw it in, even though I run a AD Kat. I also use Boots of Mobility. I doubt that I'd be able to catch runners without those two things. What to do?

Ebonclaw

07-25-2010

Rylai's isn't trash, it's just absurdly inefficient for an AD build.

I run Ghost for the tricky runners, otherwise I usually do quite fine keeping people from escaping (at least, that I could reach with abilities, Rylai's snare won't help you then, either), but if you're really worried about it, you could grab an early Brutalizer or Spirit Visage to get a little CDR in there for more rapid Shunpo spam to keep on people. My original build always rushed a Brut first, actually, though I don't build that way any more.

Chevalier12

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Rylai's isn't trash, it's just absurdly inefficient for an AD build.

I run Ghost for the tricky runners, otherwise I usually do quite fine keeping people from escaping (at least, that I could reach with abilities, Rylai's snare won't help you then, either), but if you're really worried about it, you could grab an early Brutalizer or Spirit Visage to get a little CDR in there for more rapid Shunpo spam to keep on people. My original build always rushed a Brut first, actually, though I don't build that way any more.
Brutalizer doesn't work with BB, Shunpo, Death Lotus ,they are all magic damage, so you would need Magic Penetration, why would you get a item that is almost useless?

Quote:
4. Don't bother creating a video, or posting pics of your games or anything like that. You may be good with kat, but when you create a guide you create it for other people. You do not create guides to prove to the community you are a good player.
I was gonna do it anyway, I went 16/1/x, it just takes so long to convert, zzzz :<.

Quote:
Okay, so general consensus is that Rylai's is trash. I usually throw it in, even though I run a AD Kat. I also use Boots of Mobility. I doubt that I'd be able to catch runners without those two things. What to do?
Ignite them before they run away? lol

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier12 View Post
Brutalizer doesn't work with BB, Shunpo, Death Lotus ,they are all magic damage, so you would need Magic Penetration, why would you get a item that is almost useless?
For the AD and CDR, I guess.

Chevalier12

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogglesVK View Post
For the AD and CDR, I guess.
Still seems like a worthless investment, what.. you're gonna build it into Yomumu's and gogo dps kat? lol

Anyway when I made this guide I didn't have the newbies in perspective I was thinking about making some advanced guide on how to play her in high elo.
I'm using this build in Arranged Normal and Ranked and I still get out the same values, I always end up with atleast 5 to 10 kills.