Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

One More Chance to Enter the Art of Revelry Contest!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strangely

02-10-2012

Looking at it this way: this extension isn't so that people can change their minds on entering the contests; it's for people who never got confirmation emails. If derp sees this extension and thinks that (s)he can whip up a better piece in five days than those who sweated over their pieces for weeks on end, then derp a) is freakishly talented b) isn't going to win anyway and c) will still end up putting as many hours of sweat as the artists before did. The only way this extension would be unfair is if it lowered the chances of those who entered before due to the increased contestant pool, but since the prize pool's also been increased, the situation's been balanced out. Would've been less ****ty if Riot had announced the extension before the start of February though.

I still wonder if those who submitted an "unfinished" (as in finished, but not polished due to time constrictions) entry last time could resubmit now, even if their first entry was confirmed. Would that boost their chances of winning, or have the "original" winners already been chosen?

drkpanda

02-10-2012

Quote:
Strangely:
Looking at it this way: this extension isn't so that people can change their minds on entering the contests; it's for people who never got confirmation emails. If derp sees this extension and thinks that (s)he can whip up a better piece in five days than those who sweated over their pieces for weeks on end, then derp a) is freakishly talented b) isn't going to win anyway and c) will still end up putting as many hours of sweat as the artists before did. The only way this extension would be unfair is if it lowered the chances of those who entered before due to the increased contestant pool, but since the prize pool's also been increased, the situation's been balanced out. Would've been less ****ty if Riot had announced the extension before the start of February though.

I still wonder if those who submitted an "unfinished" (as in finished, but not polished due to time constrictions) entry last time could resubmit now, even if their first entry was confirmed. Would that boost their chances of winning, or have the "original" winners already been chosen?

The problem areas are 'a' and 'c'. That means that there are going to be people who already spent hours on their entries feeling like they have to spend more hours on it AGAIN, and that means that the new submitters have NOT put as many hours of blood sweat and tears in. And there are no additional laptops in the prize pool, so the increased prize pool doesn't really help unless you're not going for the big prize. Definitely not balanced.

Scribble Cloud

02-10-2012

Aw bugger. Too busy with other arts to really do anything else to my piece/create something new. :T

Also,

If we got a confirmation email are we still in? I just want to make sure whether I have to send it in again or not.

MadMarbles

02-10-2012

How is the polling going to work for the community-chosen pieces? Surely you can't put up all 4,000-ish pictures to have us vote on them.

scriptkittie

02-10-2012

Yeahhh.. This is annoying. I love Riot but this really is a slap in the face. It was insulting that it was such a short contest in the first place... but a DAY AFTER they were supposed to have finished judging it, They announce more time has been given? That's unprofessional. We all had to give up sleep and real-life obligations to get these things done on time.

Silfii

02-10-2012

Just my two cents: I spent way over 55 hours on my figurine and to make the deadline, I even missed some classes, pulled all nighters, etc. Yes, it's my decision to do so and no way Riot's fault, and I'm not lamenting over my sacrifices, but being a college student with midterm season being this coming week and the next, I'm saddened that there is no way I can polish my current entry. I really wish that instead of the extension being this last minute, Riot would tell us way before in advance... not when we were actually expecting the winners announced. It's been about a week already and if they announced the extension sooner, I could've used that time which I can actually afford to waste to fix things up... Honestly, I really hate my efforts having to go to "waste," as in having the choice to improve it further like everyone else, but not being "allowed" to... Now I'm contemplating if I SHOULD put in more hours and hope the polishing/finishing doesn't take that long, or just study and feel ****ty about that second chance. I would've accepted defeat happily before and I'm not mad or anything about this, but I guess I'm a bit disappointed in the timing and it just leaves a bad taste for me now... :/ Not like this post would actually make a difference, but I hope it would influence future extensions in some way. Good luck guys.

Pendergeist

02-10-2012

Quote:
tank7447:
I wish I was good at drawing I wanna win cool stuff. We just need a math competition or something then I might win.

Yeah, right. Somebody give me an English Literature competition!

addBäcøn

02-10-2012

Awwww, I'm sorry guys and girls, I didn't mean to offend by saying the 16 hours I could find amongst my Full Time work, walking my dog, hugging my girlfriend, Preparing dinner for my dog, my girlfriend and myself, working late in the studio, hugging my girlfriend, going to see my friends awesome band play at a "dang" bar down town, catching up with close friends over a.. ahem, "camp fire", hugging my mum, hugging my dog... hugging my "dang" girlfriend (j/k babe) etc.
I've seen some of the work. Some of it is amazing and clearly have had 50+ hours put into it, and I think RIOT will see that, and I wont win even closely because of their work being amazing.
The extension seems to be cleared up by Nika's 3rd post (mail issues), which I hadn't read before posting mine.
My honest true apologies... to the awesome artists I've spent hours looking on just DeviantArt alone who would have poured so much into it... Sorry Dudes.

michelada

02-10-2012

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BROcom

02-10-2012

Quote:
Silfii:
Just my two cents: I spent way over 55 hours on my figurine and to make the deadline, I even missed some classes, pulled all nighters, etc. .

You need a girlfriend my friend.