Elo Hell, Please Change how Elo is scored.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeanCookies

02-09-2012

After two weeks at 1200 Elo I've become frustrated. Because of How elo is scored I can be all over the map, Carry the team and then the actions of one individual lose the game for all of us. As a result Everyone on the team who deserves to be at or higher than their elo instead loses points. While the next game someone will probably carry him into some unfortunate fools position.

Please change Elo to be on a personal basis. If I do poor punish my elo, If I do good reward it. Im not asking to go +15 for a loss, but at least give me a 0-+5 elo if I did the most work and was the best on the team.

Before you say that its my fault that I'm losing, I load in and take what position is needed on the team, Ward every time I come to a lane, wether its mine or not. Always have a pink with me for emergency uses, Gank lanes that are pushed and defend my tower (I take TP for this reason.)

I am one person I can't win the game all over the place and with a 4-1 ****** to intelligent player ratio out there I cant do much more.

TLDR=Change it so that Elo monitors how a person themselve does over a trend of games rather then how a team does.

Space Pope 20K

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2012

i support this. i'm the captain of a ranked team with roughly ~1740 as the average of the other 4 players. yet, my solo queue is a mere ~1k. i remember my season 1 elo (no joke look at my profile and check my season 1 elo) at something like 143 wins / 110 losses = 1005 elo or some such nonsense.

i approve of altering this system.

+1

8Bit Poro

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeanCookies View Post
After two weeks at 1200 Elo I've become frustrated. Because of How elo is scored I can be all over the map, Carry the team and then the actions of one individual lose the game for all of us. As a result Everyone on the team who deserves to be at or higher than their elo instead loses points. While the next game someone will probably carry him into some unfortunate fools position.

Please change Elo to be on a personal basis. If I do poor punish my elo, If I do good reward it. Im not asking to go +15 for a loss, but at least give me a 0-+5 elo if I did the most work and was the best on the team.

Before you say that its my fault that I'm losing, I load in and take what position is needed on the team, Ward every time I come to a lane, wether its mine or not. Always have a pink with me for emergency uses, Gank lanes that are pushed and defend my tower (I take TP for this reason.)

I am one person I can't win the game all over the place and with a 4-1 ****** to intelligent player ratio out there I cant do much more.

TLDR=Change it so that Elo monitors how a person themselve does over a trend of games rather then how a team does.
Your not even ranked... Your summoner level is 11? And what you just said is EXACTLY this,
"Dear riot, i cant learn to play with a team, so make it so that your WONDERFUL, TEAM game is now based mostly off of individual performance so that we can encourage everyone to get mad at everyone for so called "ksing""

Amatzikahni

02-09-2012

Proven false so many times by high ranking players; some top players even have multiple platinum smurfs. Also proven is that no better way to calculate performance exists; practically every method suggested to date has been proven inadequate. Many players offer lots of advice if you give some replays of your games, but I personally don't have enough time to do that.

PREFFxHUEHUEHUE

02-09-2012

I have carried people, in the same game, who were 0/10/2 and 1/5/2... Man up

Achtbar

02-09-2012

This idea won't work people will stat pad, sorry but this system is generally effective. It is very obvious which players are 1500+ and which ones are in "elo hell"

ƒ River Tam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Lol, did you even think about that idea at all before you posted it? How many people do you think would line up to play support? XD I've gotten my lulz for the day.

Deathfairy

02-10-2012

Critical thinking is a useful thing.

Before you post something like this take a sec to think on these questions:

Am i really that amazingly that i was first one stumble on this "amazing" idea?

If yes .. You need professional help imho. If no:

Then why was it not implemented yet if it is so good?

Maybe there are flaws in this system?

If you still can't find any flaws thne ya.. your life will be hard man. GL with all my heart.

Frag Pulf

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics Are Key View Post
Your not even ranked... Your summoner level is 11?
Probably using a smurf since he is posting a very flame prone topic.