Is this obvious? I haven't played Dominion in a while

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMundungu

02-12-2012

Ryze with Frozen Heart is there to scare AD carries. Build Randuin's Omen on Leona or Sejuani and stack AP, and initiate team fights that you'll only need a minimum of AD to clean up.
Brand, Karthus, Lux, all these casters tend to do as much for a team fight as any AD carry. Thornmail.

Focus down their AD carries. If you can't, don't engage. Tanks may have to become more common before people realize why AD carries aren't always OP. Randuin's Omen.

Purple Puma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

Mundo smash all ad champs

Makestro

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMaster3 View Post
Mundo smash all ad champs
mundo is becoming one of my more fav champs as an off-tank on dom

GrignardTS

02-12-2012

I love all these AD vs AP threads.

Because Ryze, Vlad, Brand, Rumble, Ziggs, Fizz, Kass, Akali, LeBlanc, and many others are completely worthless.

Amirite?

Mindllapse

02-12-2012

It's Feb. 2012 and these same tired threads with these same faulty arguments are still being made

why do I even read this forum

Paldain

Recruiter

02-12-2012

Obviously people cannot or will not read a whole thread before posting...
The idea is that most casters rely on their spells to deal damage. The problem is that most casters take level 18 or CDR items to make these spells used more than once in a fight before they die, not to mention 40% CDR being as high as you can go. Some CDR items do not go all-out damage, or any damage at all. More people say counter AD with thornmail, which is double countered by life-steal.

With what you idiots are saying, you need CDR items, tanky items, and a hell of a lot of teamwork and smart champion selections/builds to win a dominion game with pugs. I'd love to see a 14 minute solo-que game where a caster gets Thronmail, Rabadons, Morello's, and any other items. If they do not have those items, what some of you are saying is only que Dominion with 4 others because unless you have a competant tank and reliable teammates, you cannot go glass cannon builds - The way casters should be able to, just as so many AD champions can while still being able to survive.
@ GrignardTS - Btw I mentioned Ryze, plus my CD complaints still stand for Brand, Ziggs, and Fizz.
Kassadin is WAY too squishy.

DarkDestiny

02-12-2012

glass cannon casters die on dom. Build tanky caster, they will wreck ad's on dom anyday.

Paldain

Recruiter

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDestiny View Post
glass cannon casters die on dom. Build tanky caster, they will wreck ad's on dom anyday.
People like this make the game hard to play sometimes...
Not all casters can be viable with a tanky build. The point is that you shouldnt have to counter in Dominion, it should be a free for all kill-fest. The fact that people even suggest building to counter AD on Dominion is defeating the purpose of having casters on Dominion in the first place.

DoctorEvolution

02-13-2012

Depends on the character, some APs benefit from at least one defensive item, frozen heart is quite good, Wota on some champs provides enough defense as well. If you change out the mana per 5 seals for some flat armor seals, this also can balance things a fair bit. To say AP casters suck on dominion is stupid, just having too many of them on a team is. Often people neglect build mdef, or if they are forced to build mdef they aren't as strong against your AD team mates.

I thought swain would get good, though I haven't seen a great one yet.